Office Administrator Resume Examples
Years of Experience
4242 Bell Street, Houston, TX 77004
Aspiring office administrator who is bilingual in English and Spanish and a talented bookkeeper. Impeccable typing skills with a speed of 80 words per minute and an expert in Microsoft Office Suite.
Associate of Arts in Modern Languages
LONE STAR COLLEGE Houston, TX, September 2007 – May 2009
- Spanish Conversation and Composition
- English Composition
- American Race and Ethnic Relations
- Business Communications
- Business Computer Applications
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Suite
- Keyboarding: 80 words per minute
Office Administrator, Caliber Collision, Houston, TX
June 2021 – Present
- Greet visitors and answer phone inquiries in a cheerful yet professional manner
- Review and respond to client messages and comments 30% faster than my predecessor, leading to a 20% improvement in client retention
- Perform bookkeeping for a busy car repair office, including posting information to accounting software, Quickbooks Online, and regularly reconciling accounts
- Reduce file retrieval time by 25% through piloting and training staff on a state-of-the-art, user-friendly electronic filing system
Bookkeeping Intern, The Chocolate Bar, Houston, TX
May 2019 – August 2019
- Assisted in migration of the company’s books from paper and pen to Quickbooks
- Consistently completed projects ahead of deadline while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Prepared sales and commission reports using Microsoft Excel
627 Jackson Road, Pompano Beach, FL 33060
Results-oriented office administration professional with 2+ years of experience providing a wide range of administrative supports, from proofreading to payroll. Excellent time management skills and strong initiative. Frequent recipient of compliments by customers to leadership about my extraordinary customer service.
Office Administrator, United Water Restoration, Fort Lauderdale, FL
January 2020 – Present
- Maintain payroll records and work with external payroll processors to ensure the correct tax documentation and deductions
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills by assisting the marketing department in promotional activities and campaigns
- Oversee satellite office facility support
- Review floor plans and assign workspace for new hires, internal transfers, and contractors
- Reduced office typographical errors by 35% by spearheading an incentivized effort to improve accuracy of written documents, such as reports, memos, correspondence, and scheduling
Office Administrator, Empire Delivery Services, Pompano Beach, FL
September 2018 – December 2019
- Provided outstanding support to managers and coworkers, which resulted in a 30% improvement in total efficiency
- Purchased, tracked, and maintained office supply inventory
- Oversaw maintenance of office facilities and equipment
- Served as backup for customer support agents as needed
Certificate in Business Operations
VALENCIA COLLEGE Orlando, FL, August 2017 – May 2018
High School Diploma
CORAL SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL Orlando, FL, August 2013 – June 2017
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
8274 Sparrow Circle, Annapolis, MD 21401
Highly educated office administrator with 5+ years experience who is an expert in Microsoft Office Suite and has earned multiple awards for outstanding work. A seasoned mediator who is known as the go-to problem solver of any office. Highly adept at planning large events and training new office staff.
Office Administrator, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, Laurel, MD
August 2019 – Present
- Provide monthly professional development training for office staff using Microsoft Powerpoint and Zoom during work-from-home conditions
- Support other staff by serving as a designated mediator in the event of a conflict
- Trained and mentored 12 new office employees
- Formally recognized by organization leadership four times during my tenureship for my positive mindset and extraordinary productivity
Office Administrator, Chesapeake Irrigation and Lighting, Millersville, MD
August 2014 – July 2019
- Greeted customers and directed them to the appropriate location
- Help organize fundraising events by providing logistical input and overseeing the creation of marketing materials
- Provided consistent and dependable administrative assistance to 20 members of the office staff
- Coordinated both on- and off-site employee events for as many as 750 staff members
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Office Operations
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY Bowie, MD, September 2010 – May 2014
- Data Entry
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel and Access
- Adobe Illustrator
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Certified Records Manager, Institute of Certified Records Managers, 2015
437 Normandy Lane, New Orleans, LA 70115
Veteran office administrator and Certified Administrative Professional with 10+ years in the industry. Equipped with a strong work ethic and a knack for saving employers as much as $60,000 worth of time and money annually through the implementation of more efficient processes and smart accounting practices.
Officer Administrator, Jefferson Oil & Fuel, Harvey, LA
November 2017 – Present
- Promote a positive workplace by rewarding the staff’s hard work and productivity by providing them with fun activities or treats on a bi-weekly basis
- Nominated for prestigious “Above The Call” Admin Award for by coworkers and management for providing exceptional customer service both with internal personnel and visitors
- Discovered an overlooked tax deduction that saved the company $21,000
- Increased office productivity by applying my 95 words per minute typing speed to tasks
Business Office Administrator, Skyline Architects, New Orleans, LA
June 2013 – October 2016
- Proofread and edited materials for Skyline’s executive team using Microsoft Word track changes
- Operated office equipment such as phones, scanners, fax machines, and copiers, and completed or arranged repairs when malfunctions occurred
- Prepared supply, printing, and other service requisitions
- Enrolled new staff members in the payroll, healthcare, and retirement systems
Office Administrator, Ninja Concrete Coatings, Saint Rose, LA
July 2009 – May 2013
- Streamlined several office processes, which saved the department approximately 350 hours each year
- Maintained vendor paperwork, opened purchase orders, and paid invoices
- Prepared various budget reports
- Scheduled meetings for executives with current employees, prospective clients, and potential employees using Microsoft Outlook
- Handled administrative office duties for a fast-paced manufacturer
High School Diploma, Business and Industry Endorsement
EMERSON HIGH SCHOOL Baton Rouge, LA, August 2005 – May 2009
- Time Management
- Microsoft Teams
- Positive Client Relations
- Business Travel Coordination
- Copy Machine Repair
- 95 Words Per Minute Typing Score
- Certified Administrative Professional, International Association of Administrative Professionals, 2015
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Office Administrator Resumes
Many employers, including 99% of Fortune 500 companies, use Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to help narrow the more than 250 resumes they receive on average for each position. Employers use an ATS to collect, organize, and rate resumes depending on the keywords they contain. Unfortunately for job candidates, using an ATS filters out 75% of applications, which greatly lowers the average applicant’s chances of having their resume ever seen by a human.
To make sure your resume advances to a human, beyond the ATS, we’ve compiled a list of the most common skills and action verbs found in office administrator job descriptions. For your best chance of getting your resume in front of an actual person, incorporate the following keywords in your resume to move past the ATS stage of candidate screening.
|Key Skills & Proficiencies|
|Business Accounting||Business Writing|
|Organization||Microsoft Office Suite|
|Planning and Scheduling||Problem Solving|
Tips for writing a better office administrator resume
Quantify your office administration experience on your resume
Quantifying your office administration experience gives hiring managers a clearer picture of the scope of your skills and experience. When writing the bullets for your professional experience section, see if you can include answers to the following questions, “how much?” or “how many?” For example:
- How much did you improve the company’s client retention rate?
- How many employees did you oversee or supervise?
- How much money did your ideas save your employer?
Supervised and trained other office staff members.
Changed several office procedures and saved on time.
Showcase your education achievements for social work
Education matters when you’re applying for a job as an office administrator. In addition to the basics — school name and location, graduation year, and degree received — it’s a smart decision to include your achievements. For example, if you’re seeking employment as an office administrator with an organization that requires you to have a background in bookkeeping and expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, be sure to include any relevant courses, projects, or experience with word processing, spreadsheet use, slideshow presentations, or business accounting.
- Excelled in business accounting classes
- Placed third out of 500 second-year students in the region on a mock accounting case competition
- Vice President, Refugee Technology Training, a student group that teaches free career preparation courses for refugees on skills such as word processing, spreadsheets use, and slideshow presentations
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Tutored students struggling in Business Information Systems or other Microsoft technologies for 20 hours per week.
- Treasurer, Phi Beta Kappa-ASU Chapter, handled over $7,000 annually for three years.
- Gained extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and Access as part of an Undergraduate Research team.
- Minored in classical literature
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
Employers who are seeking office administrators comb through hundreds of resumes looking for candidates who best fit the company’s needs. One way to make certain you capture the hiring manager’s interest is to highlight the experience and skills in your resume that reflect those featured in the job description.
Follow the steps below to help you determine which words will be most effective at grabbing a prospective manager’s attention:
- Review the job description and create a list of essential skills based on the qualifications the hiring manager described in the job posting. Highlight or underline strengths, experience, or achievements the job posting mentions more than once, as this often indicates that the employer considers them some of the most important.
- Compare your resume to the keyword list you recorded in Step One. Does your resume include all the words on your keyword list? One helpful technique you can employ during this step is to cross off the words on your keyword list that you see you’ve already used as you go through the document.
- Once you know what keywords you have or haven’t included, add the words from your list that aren’t yet in your resume. Then, try to integrate these missing keywords into sentences that include achievements.
If you’re still having trouble deciding which words to emphasize, use the example below as a guide and practice exercise for this process.
Example of Office Administrator Job Description
Element Building Design is searching for a self-motivated and flexible office administrator who excels at a full range of administrative support. Your role in our fast-paced office will include but not be limited to welcoming guests, handling supply inventory, bookkeeping, and coordinating meetings and events, and providing general office support.
- Organize office operations and procedures, handle correspondence, establish filing systems, review supply requisitions, and supervise clerical duties.
- Perform bookkeeping duties, including invoicing, budget tracking, handling accounts payable ledger, and entering payroll checks.
- Promote outstanding job performance for office employees by training, advising, and disciplining employees, as well as planning, tracking, and assessing results.
- Meets financial goals by preparing the annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Schedule and assign personnel.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate or Bachelor’s preferred
- Proficiency in Quickbooks
- Excellent typing skills; rate of 60 words per minute or higher required.
- 1-2 years as an office administrator
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
- History scheduling and assigning personnel.
According to the job description, the ideal job candidate has the following experience/personal traits:
- Experience with Quickbooks and bookkeeping
- Excel at a range of office supports
- Flexible mindset
- Train and supervise other office staff
- Strong typing skills
- Expert or advanced skills in Microsoft Office
After identifying the keywords in the job description, we need to double-check that they’re all included in our resume, as seen below. Keep in mind, it’s alright if you don’t have all the experiences communicated in the job requirements. That’s common. Businesses today prefer honest candidates over those who lie about work history. Review the example below to see how the highlighted keywords were incorporated into the applicant’s resume.
Office Administrator Work Experience Example
Evans Delivery Company, Jersey City, NJ, November 2019–Present
- Demonstrated flexibility with consistent willingness to meet the needs at hand and provide a variety of exemplary office supports, regardless of personnel preference
- Improved office productivity by training staff in innovative new procedures and supervising their implementation.
- Used Microsoft Office Word and my 95 words per minute typing speed to improve executive correspondence by using track changes to proof and edit, which helped improve their credibility
- Managed company’s bookkeeping using Quickbooks.