ResumeBuilder.com, LLC (“we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us through services accessible via www.ResumeBuilder.com or any other website, IP address, social media account, iOS app, Android app, web app or other online product or service offered by us (collectively, the “Service”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect through the Service and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Service. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party or by any third party that may link to or be accessible from or on the Service.
- Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records;
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information;
- Information excluded from the scope of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; and
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, we may collect the following categories of personal information:
|A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number and other similar identifiers.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
|A name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, email address and/or telephone number. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Commercial information
|Records of products or services, such as newsletters, purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|D. Internet or other similar network activity
|Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
We collect this information:
- Automatically as you navigate through our website, which information may include usage details, IP addresses, and other information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies described in the Section titled “Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies” below;
- When you participate in any interactive features of the Service;
- When you sign up for our emails, mobile messages, or social media notifications;
- when you provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input; and
- Directly from you when you otherwise provide it to us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the website, such as traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (e.g., behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data. It helps us to improve the Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
Information You Provide to Us
If you contact us on or through the Service, the information we collect may include personal information such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information you provide to us, including records and copies of your correspondence.
- How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information;
- Provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services;
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us;
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions;
- Improve the effectiveness of the Service, website, stores, mobile experience and marketing efforts;
- Conduct research and analysis;
- Process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud;
- Respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Service users is among the assets transferred;
- With certain business partners to provide requested services that we do not provide directly;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others.
- Our Use of Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Your Privacy Rights” below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Service may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features of our Service.
- Our Retention of Your Information
If you would like us to delete all of your information that we have stored in our databases, backups, and recoveries, please contact us at [email protected]. After we verify your account, we will delete all of your data. Deletion requests could take up to 90 days to complete. Please note that you will be unable to use our app once your content is deleted, and your past resumes will be permanently lost.
- Our Protection of Your Information
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from the Service is at your own risk. You should only access the Service within a secure environment.
Parents should always supervise their children while online. The Service is not designed nor intended to collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. So that we may comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we ask that children under the age of thirteen not provide any personal information through the Service. If a child under the age of thirteen has provided us with personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us at the email address provided below.
- Do Not Track Features
- Updates to this Policy
- Contacting Us