Event Coordinator Resume Examples
Years of Experience
765 My Road, Miami, FL 43210
Enthusiastic event coordinator with two years’ experience planning large-scale events for corporate clients. Adept at listening to and identifying clients’ needs and generating innovative and cost-effective solutions. Skilled at negotiating with vendors and overseeing operations to ensure events run smoothly and exceed client expectations. Excellent organization and capable of multitasking to very tight timescales.
- Managing budgets
- Sourcing and scheduling appropriate venues
- Booking and coordinating caterers, entertainers, and speakers
- Supervising teams to set up and tear down
- Reflecting on event outcomes and compiling reports
- Strong communicator and negotiator
Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, September 2014 – June 2018
Event Coordinator, Crush Inc, Miami, FL
December 2018 – Present
- Manage over 100 annual events
- Rapidly build strong relationships with clients to ensure positive experiences and secure repeat customers
- Negotiate with venues and vendors to obtain the most competitive prices and control event budgets
- Conduct initial consultations with over 70 new clients and communicate clearly to establish requirements
- Understand the client’s products and services and ensure these are reflected effectively during the event
- Work closely with service providers and supervise during the event to ensure success and troubleshoot any issues quickly
Events Intern, Thierry Isambert Culinary and Event Design, Miami, FL
June 2018 – November 2018
- Assisted with background research activities to gain a thorough understanding of the clients’ brands
- Engaged with members of the public to effectively communicate the brands’ products and services
- Performed post-event interviews with clients to gauge success and identify possible areas for improvement
- Supported senior staff with set-up and tear-down tasks on the day of major events
123 Park Street, Houston, TX 65432
Creative and personable event coordinator with over six years of experience. Coordinated multiple social and business crowd-pleasing events with budgets ranging up to $16,000. Adept at using creative thinking to solve problems and create flawless events.
Event Coordinator, Jameson Distributors, LLC, Houston, TX
December 2016 – Present
- Prepares and executes in-person and virtual shows put on by the event team throughout the year with budgets of up to $16,000 per event
- Organizes successful events by choosing the ideal venues, catering, speakers, and freelance staff
- Leads social media interactions resulting in an increase of 8,500 unique individuals over the past year
- Negotiates profitable alliances with vendors to cut annual costs by 14%
Assistant Event Coordinator, B&R Industries, Houston, TX
June 2014 – December 2016
- Assisted with planning for quarterly national sales meetings, including coordinating hotel reservations, transportation, and hotel meeting rooms
- Collaborated on creating content including email marketing, social media posts, blog content, and brochures
- Provided administrative support as required for the marketing team
Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
University of Houston, Houston, TX, September 2010 – May 2014
- Highly efficient with strong time management abilities
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Creative thinker adept at problem-solving
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain business relationships
- Enjoys working in a team
- Great attention to detail
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), Events Industry Council, 2017
- Excelled at coursework in new client recognition, vendor organization, legal ramifications, and budget allowances.
66 Upward Street, San Francisco, California, 94118
Efficient and organized event coordinator with 12 years of experience, including four years in a management position. Degree in Recreation Administration with a Special Events and Tourism Emphasis from California State University. Experienced in selecting and coordinating contractors for large-scale events, including festivals, weddings, and conferences. Strong aptitude for negotiation, customer service, and marketing.
Events Manager, The Food Festival, San Francisco, CA
February 2016 – February 2021
- Proactively led weekly meetings between the events, marketing, and sales teams
- Organized five festivals, each with a 10,000-person capacity
- Designed and implemented new effective marketing strategies
- Devised PR plans and created press releases to publicize the event
- Maintained regular communication with partners and sponsors
Events Coordinator, The Wedding Company, San Francisco, CA
September 2009 – January 2016
- Arranged over 60 weddings
- Coordinated contractors, including caterers, wait staff, and photographers
- Liaised with a range of high-level clients
- Maintained a customer satisfaction survey rating of 90%
Bachelor of Science degree in Recreation Administration
California State University, Fresno, CA, September 2006 – June 2009
Opted for a degree specialization in Special Events & Tourism
- Special Event Planning
- Leisure and Human Behavior
- Diversity and Inclusive Practices in Recreation
- Aptitude for event planning and operation organization
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to liaise with high-level clients
- Experience in wedding, festival, and conference planning
- Impeccable time management
- Competent computer system skills, including Microsoft programs
- CSEP: Certified Special Events Professional, January 2016
- Completed coursework in strategic planning, financial and risk management, facility operations, and logistics.
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Event Coordinators
When evaluating job applications, hiring managers use applicant tracking systems (ATS) to scan resumes. These systems identify key skills and action verbs to filter suitable applicants for hiring managers to review. Ensure that you highlight as many relevant skill keywords and action verbs as possible to increase the chance that a hiring manager receives your resume.
|Key Skills & Proficiencies|
|Budget and cost control||Business administration|
|Digital marketing||Events logistics management|
|Planning and organization||Problem-solving|
|Public speaking||Time management|
Tips for Writing a Better Event Coordinator Resume
Quantify your event coordination experience on your resume
By quantifying your experience with clear numbers, hiring managers are able to better understand your abilities and skills. Include performance and experience indicators such as the scope of events, the number of attendees, and the revenue performance of events.
Organized and coordinated fundraisers.
Planned, implemented, and coordinated commercial events.
Highlight your education achievements for event coordination
Most event coordinator positions require at least a bachelor’s degree in event planning or similar fields, such as business administration or communications. Describe your degree and its relevant details, such as location and graduation year. Include any relevant coursework, and emphasize any experience in applying skills to volunteer or student events.
- Studied the planning and implementation of effective event programming.
- Applied principles of finance and accounting to event operations.
- Excelled in experiential work opportunities in application of financial event objectives for volunteer university events.
XYZ University, B.A., 2012-2016
- Events Completed required professional experience in compliance with the program.
- Completed coursework and passed exams in strategic planning, financial and risk management, facility operations, and logistics.
Events Industry Council, 2017
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
Hiring managers must process many job applications to find a suitable candidate, so it’s crucial to emphasize how you meet their needs. To ensure that your resume is distinctive from others, identify the language of the description as well as the required skills and experience, and then indicate on your resume how you meet these requirements.
The job description will include mention of key skills and experiences early on and repeatedly throughout. Your resume’s goal is to show hiring managers, in detail, how you meet the expectations for the role. Include any notable achievements, and be sure to emphasize how your skills and accomplishments indicate your potential to contribute to the organization.
Example Event Coordinator Job Description
Based in Portland, Oregon, XYZ firm is seeking a motivated individual for the Event Coordinator role for nonprofit events. The Event Coordinator is responsible for the planning, organization, and implementation of events and is tasked with managing events logistics in a detail-oriented fashion. This role requires strong communication and time management skills, as well as effective client relations and networking skills. The Event Coordinator will also be responsible for vendor, venue, and marketing coordination.
- Plan and coordinate events with attention to budget and cost control as well as time constraints
- Manage client relations and communicate the process and execution of events
- Research, organize, and negotiate vendors and venues
- Lead event logistics to ensure client and attendee satisfaction
- Schedule event entertainment and activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Event Planning or similar field
- Four years’ experience in event coordination
- Two years’ experience assisting with nonprofit events
- Attention to detail with strong time management skills
- Experience with marketing and promotion preferred
- Strong communication and client relation skills
- Management and leader abilities
According to the job description, the ideal job applicant should have the following skills and experience:
- Nonprofit experience
- Event planning, organization, and implementation
- Event logistics experience
- Communication skills
- Client relations
- Vendor, venue, and marketing coordination
- Budget and cost control
- Time management
- Research skills
Write your resume to include the skills and experience keywords above. The example below shows how to incorporate your qualifications in your resume to match the job description:
Events Coordinator Work Experience Example
July 2019-September 2020
- Met with clients to research and deliver scope and expectations of the event and maintain relations
- Planned, organized, and coordinated large nonprofit events to achieve and exceed financial goals
- Managed event logistics with and ensure attendee and client satisfaction
- Researched, negotiated, and scheduled venues and vendors with time management and cost in mind
- Communicated and networked with clients to deliver expectation-exceeding events
- Demonstrated attention to detail in event promotion and marketing