Sales Manager Resume Examples
Years of Experience
987 N. Main Street, Oakbrook, IL 01234
An innovative Sales Manager with six years of experience building and managing diverse sales teams in fast-paced business environments. A proven track record of interfacing with client stakeholders to drive business development and customer success. Adept at utilizing Salesforce CRM to generate and qualify high value leads.
Sales Manager, XYZ Solutions, Oakbrook, IL
July 2019 – Present
- Manage a team of 15+ sales representatives and account executives, provide support during high-level consultations, and identify opportunities to improve performance, resulting in a 40% increase in sales revenue in 2022 and an average close rate of 35%
- Serve as the point of contact for escalated client issues, manage stakeholder relationships with multi-million dollar accounts, and improve client retention from 60% to 80%
- Coordinate with the sales director to develop and implement new sales strategies to expand market penetration and facilitate revenue growth across two territories
Sales Manager, B&I Products, Oakbrook, IL
September 2017 – June 2019
- Coordinate cross-functionally with marketing and sales teams to align tactics and selling techniques with brand messaging, contributing to a 50% increase in annual sales revenue
- Identified opportunities to generate new business leads and build long-term relationships, which included conducting research on core customer demographics and market trends
- Sales Management
- Cross-functional Leadership
- Pipeline Development
- New Business Development
Bachelor of Science in Business Management
Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL, September 2013 – June 2017
- Certified Inside Sales Professional (CISP)
- Certified Sales Leadership Professional (CSLP)
123 Main Street, Tampa, FL 12345
A Sales Manager with over eight years of experience, specializing in pipeline development, territory management, team building, and consultative selling. A proven track record of developing and coaching high performance sales teams to exceed revenue goals. Adept at building lucrative relationships with high value client accounts.
Sales Manager, HVAC Equipment Co., Tampa, FL
August 2016 – Present
- Manage and build a team of 40+ sales representatives and account executives, coordinate the sales process for commercial HVAC equipment, implement new sales incentives, successfully achieve 130% of annual sales quota, and generate over $25M in annual revenue
- Interface with client stakeholders to resolve escalated issues related to HVAC equipment products, identify appropriate solutions, and improve client satisfaction from 80% to 93%
- Coordinate cross-functionally with the marketing department to align quarterly sales campaigns with overarching marketing strategy, resulting in a 10% increase in sales conversions
Associate Sales Manager, Premiere HVAC Solutions, Orlando, FL
July 2012 – July 2016
- Managed and developed a sales team comprised of 20+ representatives, delivered training on upselling and consultative selling techniques, and improved close rates by 10% on average across the team
- Provided support to team members during high-level sales consultations and served as the point of contact for client accounts ranging from $300K-$2.5M
- Led the team to exceed annual sales quotas by 20%-35% YOY
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
University of Florida, Miami, FL, September 2006 -June 2010
MBA Specializing in Marketing
University of Florida, Miami, FL, September 2010 – June 2012
- Team Leadership
- Account Management
- Sales Strategy
- Consultative Selling
- Business Development
Nerissa G. McCloud-Pearcy
5547 Magnolia Drive West, Birmingham, AL 35005
A results-driven Sales Manager with 14+ years of experience of within the tourism and hospitality industry, specializing in account-based sales, marketing strategy, and client relations. A proven track record of identifying opportunities to increase client satisfaction and drive operational excellence.
Hotel Sales Manager, Hotel Indigo Birmingham Five Points South, Birmingham, AL
August 2016 – Present
- Develop and implement new account-based sales and marketing strategy for a premiere hotel with 400+ rooms, resulting in over $2M in new business over three years
- Oversee a team of 30+ hotel representatives, deliver training on guest relations and upselling techniques, and improve sales revenue for add-on services by 25%
- Coordinate with marketing teams and executive leadership to support a large-scale rebranding initiative, contributing to a 20% increase in bookings in 2022
Assistant Branch Manager, Hertz Car Rental, Birmingham, AL
June 2007 – November 2012
- Managed day-to-day branch functions for a rental car company with over $15M in annual sales, trained and developed a team of 40+ representatives, and delivered training on upselling and cross-selling techniques
- Developed referral networks with local hotels and airports, resulting in a 10% increase in B2B sales
- Increased profit margins from $125 to $175 per vehicle while retaining sales volume
Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts
Faulkner University, Birmingham, AL, September 2005 – June 2007
- Strategic Planning
- Sales Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Client Relations
- Team Management
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for a Sales Manager Resumes
Hiring managers may only spend a few seconds on the initial scan of the resumes they receive. They might also use an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to scan and evaluate your resume based on the number of keywords and phrases that match the job description. Incorporating appropriate skills and action verbs can successfully attract the attention of a hiring manager, resulting in an invitation for an interview.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Account-based Sales||Account Management|
|B2B Sales||B2C Sales|
|Business Development||Client Relations|
|Customer Relationship Management (CRM)||Cross-Functional Leadership|
|Inside Sales||Outside Sales|
|Lead Generation||Lead Qualification|
|Marketing Strategy||Pipeline Development|
|Sales Presentations||Sales Strategy|
|Solution Selling||Strategic Selling|
|Relationship Management||Team Leadership|
|Territory Management||Upselling Techniques|
Tips for Writing a Better Sales Manager Resume
Quantify Your Sales Management Experience
Quantifying your sales experience demonstrates your ability to achieve concrete results. Adding numbers to your accomplishments provides hiring managers with a reference point for your achievement and leadership capabilities. Focus on your educational or sales experience if your background lacks managerial qualifications. Highlight your accomplishments with bullet points in the professional experience section.
Implemented strategic goals for marketing campaigns in the range of $200,000 to $300,000.
Implemented strategic goals for marketing campaigns.
Served as project manager for Retail Marketing Methods college course, leading six creative and technical team members.
Gained experience through a Retail Marketing Methods college course.
Highlight Your Leadership Ability
Highlight key elements that involved leadership acumen in your previous experience. Management involves more than hard sales facts. Employee turnover impacts a business’s bottom line in many ways, from low productivity and customer satisfaction to the cost of training new staff. Your ability to motivate and coach those you manage is particularly significant, especially if you can show, or quantify, specific employee satisfaction ratings or retention rates.
Increased sales by 20% through company-sponsored community events
Developed company-sponsored community events to increase sales
Engaged and motivated team through team-building gamification, resulting in 90% employee satisfaction ratings
Created team-building strategies to improve employee satisfaction ratings
How to Align Your Resume with the Job Description
Hiring managers efficiently sift through the large number of responses they receive for a job posting by performing an initial scan of each resume. Spending an average of seven seconds, they look for qualified candidates that include specific keywords to match their requirements. If you want to make a positive impact, take the time to study the language used in the job description. Highlight your experience and skills, aligning them to complement the employer’s needs.
If you’re unsure how to begin, take a look at the employer’s list of requirements. Those that are listed first or more than once are typically the most important. Concentrate on how your proficiencies and attributes provide the key requisites the employer seeks.
Example Sales Manager Job Description
XYZ Pharmaceuticals seeks a regional sales manager.
- Implement strategic sales plans for their region that meet or exceed sales objectives
- Manage, recruit, train, motivate, and retain a diverse group of high-performing representatives
- Partner with human resources and coach representatives by promoting a fair and objective resolution to employee relations
- Consistently call on key accounts with each regional sales representative, completing field coaching reports
- Identify individual strengths and needs
- Establish and model product knowledge and selling competencies
- Maintain timely and consistent communication with sales team, management, and stakeholders
- Analyze sales reports and develop business plans to achieve sales goals
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Five years of successful pharmaceutical sales
- Two years of sales management experience
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes and experience according to the job posting.
- A four-year college degree
- Pharmaceutical sales experience
- Sales management experience
- The ability to lead, train, and motivate others
- Product knowledge
- Communication skills
- Strategic sales goals
Customize your resume to highlight your unique skill set and experience, aligning them with the job’s requirements. Use the example below as a guide for how to incorporate your proficiencies into the resume.
Sales Manager Work Experience Example
Pharmaceutical Area Sales Manager
ABC Pharmaceuticals, January 2015 – June 2020
- Managed a team of 10 pharmaceutical sales representatives, implementing strategic sales goals that increased revenue from $450,000 to $700,000 over a five-year period
- Evaluated sales representatives’ strengths and needs through consistent travel, client interaction, and product knowledge
- Motivated sales team with timely incentives, improving employee satisfaction ratings by 90%
- Analyzed sales reports and worked collaboratively with the team to develop effective marketing strategies
- Communicated goals and achievements with the sales team and management consistently