Administrative Assistant Resume and Cover Letter Example (Text Format)
Facts About This Resume:
- Candidate has 7 consecutive years of experience as an administrative assistant
- Candidate has a relevant degree and certification
- Candidate has held two long-term positions in the field with different job duties
Click on the tabs to toggle between the example Resume and example Cover Letter
- Resume Example
- Cover Letter Example
123 Your Street, Columbus, OH 12345
Certified administrative assistant with seven consecutive years of office experience, including positions in the medical field and marketing industry. Organized, outgoing professional who helps companies optimize their efficiency. Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe.
Professional ExperienceRock Star Sales Squad, Columbus, OH
Marketing Administrative Assistant, April 2016 – Present
- Arrange business meetings, employee interviews and travel accommodations
- Maintain digital and paper files for the sales and marketing teams
- Greet guests upon arrival and provide tours of the premises
- Perform clerical duties, including printing, scanning, faxing and emailing documents
- Help edit and execute marketing campaigns
Medical Administrative Assistant, June 2014 – April 2016
- Greeted patients and completed pre-appointment intake interviews
- Prepared documents for health insurance providers, auto insurance companies and disability agencies
- Confirmed health insurance benefits, filed claims and submitted appeals for coverage
- Answered and forwarded calls via a multiline phone system
- Organized patient files, including paper charts and digital documents
EducationCOLUMBUS STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE Columbus, OH
Administrative Assistant Associate of Applied Science, September 2012 - June 2014
- Meeting and interview scheduling
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Multiline phone system
- Digital and paper file maintenance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Clerical duties
- Administrative Assistant Certification from the National Career Certification Board
- Certified Microsoft Office Specialist
Dear [Hiring Manager],
My name is [Your Name,] and I am applying for the executive administrative assistant position at Smith Industries. I learned about the position from Jenna Johnson, who is currently employed as the divisional marketing manager for your company. She suggested I apply because I have been an administrative assistant for seven years and have the skills required to thrive at Smith Industries. These skills are detailed in my attached resume.
During my time as an administrative assistant, I have become organized, efficient and detail oriented. I can quickly draft emails or complete expense reports, and as a result of my outgoing personality, I'm comfortable communicating with clients and supervisors. I take pride in projecting a professional experience and understand that when I greet visitors or answer phone calls, I represent the entire company.
As a marketing administrative assistant for Rockstar Sales Squad, I assist the sales and marketing team with essential tasks, including file management, faxing and scanning. I also help create marketing campaigns and facilitate effective communication between clients and coworkers. With my assistance, our marketing team has launched more than 100 effective campaigns this year, including several with well-known brands such as Super Soda, Bananariffic Blasterz and Nature's Blessings.
I would like to discuss my employment background, personality traits and skills in more detail at your earliest convenience. I believe I mesh well with the corporate culture of Smith Industries and could maintain a long-term position as your company's executive administrative assistant. Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely, Donald James [email protected] (123) 456-7890