Accounts Receivable Resume Examples
Years of Experience
77 Beachy Road, Clear Water, Florida, 33759
Highly self-motivated and organized individual with a recently acquired degree in accounting from Florida Institute of Technology. Excellent computer and mathematics skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to remain calm while under pressure. Over one year of experience working in an office environment using a variety of computer software programs. Aptitude for problem-solving and a track record of high performance.
- Excellent mathematics and IT skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Previous experience using bookkeeping computer software
- Keen attention to detail
- Impressible organizational ability
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain professional relationships
Associate in Applied Science in Accounting
Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL, September 2018 – June 2020
Took part in a practical experience program that enabled me to gain industry experience in bookkeeping and accounting.
- Macro and Microeconomics
- Personal Finance
- Business Law
- International Finance
- Corporate Finance
Bank Teller, Barclays Bank, Melbourne, FL
April 2020 – February 2021
- Processed cash deposits and withdrawals and handled large sums of money
- Dealt with personal and commercial accounts
- Prepared proof sheets to account for daily transactions
- Handled customer inquiries via email, telephone, and in-person
Office Clerk, The Marketing People, Melbourne, FL
October 2018 – June 2019
- Maintained and organized files, record, and online CRM systems
- Answered all incoming phone calls and emails to preserve customer satisfaction
- Undertook some basic bookkeeping tasks and issued invoices to clients
- Maintained general organization of the office
- Universal Class Certified in Accounts Receivable Management, June 2020
123 Second Street, Omaha, NE 34567
Self-motivated and independent accounts receivable clerk with close to two years of experience maintaining payment tracking across all company departments. Skilled at bookkeeping procedures and financial reconciliations. Able to increase operational efficiency and profitability by providing timely and accurate billing.
- Highly analytical with expert math skills
- Accounting Software: Xero and Quickbooks
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and Access
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Works efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Accurate and fast at data entry
Associate in Applied Science in Accounting
Metropolitan Community College, Omaha, NE, September 2017 – June 2019
Accounts Receivable Clerk, Electrical Designs Limited, Omaha, NE
July 2019 – Present
- Maintains accounts receivable documentation, including bank reconciliations and financial reports
- Enters and codes all invoices efficiently and accurately to accounts waiting for payments
- Provides backups to the Accounts Payable Manager to process bi-weekly checks for accounts payable
- Researches and resolves accounts payable discrepancies
- Creates new customer accounts and enters data into the central database
Part-time Administrative Assistant, Robert Morris, Omaha, NE
September 2018 – July 2019
- Worked with the company accountant to manage bank accounts and process payroll
- Assisted with gathering tax information for external audits
- Provided administrative support to the accounting department
- Called customers for debt collection
- Accounts Receivable Manager Certification (ARM), Institute of AR Finance and Management, 2020
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) in Excel, 2018
555 Third Street, Atlanta, GA 09876
Dedicated accounts receivable (A/R) specialist with over eight years of experience. Knowledgeable in A/R practices such as internal controls, understanding B2B’s, and credit and collections management. Excellent analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Accounts Receivable Specialist, Rental Max, Atlanta, GA
November 2015 – Present
- Implemented new procedures for the A/R department, resulting in increased efficiency by reducing invoice processing time by 22%
- Responsible for training new A/R team members on procedures, policies, and duties
- Led company implementation from Oracle software to QuickBooks, completed within 30 days, without disrupting accounting processes
- Builds and maintains healthy customer relationships to ensure timely payments
Accounts Receivable Clerk, Roberts HVAC Systems, Atlanta, GA
June 2012 – October 2015
- Completed day-to-day A/R duties such as invoicing, researching discrepancies, and performed administrative duties to support accounting staff
- Set up new customer account information and entered data into the central database
- Responsible for completing monthly financial closing for the A/R department
Associate of Science in Business Administration
Franklin Community College, Atlanta, GA, September 2010 – May 2012
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks
- Attention to detail and works well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Accurate and fast data entry
- Analytical thinker with strong organizational skills
- Accredited Receivables Specialists (ARS), IOFM, 2017
- QuickBooks Certification, NACPB, 2016
321 Main Road, Des Moines, IA 76543
Knowledgeable Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist with 11+ years’ experience leading AR teams in a fast-paced department. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office software and specialist accountancy programs, including Xero and Sage Business Cloud. Results-driven and dedicated work ethic with the ability to work efficiently and precisely under acute time pressure.
Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist, ARAG North America, Des Moines, IA
February 2014 – Present
- Perform accounts audits to check that they are correctly set up with the appropriate premium application
- Oversee accounts receivable files and prepare 5500 forms
- Investigate and reconcile account irregularities and discrepancies and make recommendations to prevent a recurrence
- Liaise with clients regularly to obtain necessary documentation and files and resolve instances of underpayment
- Mentor new starters and provide training on accounts receivable principles, processes, and policies
Accounts Receivable Clerk, Lutheran Services in Iowa, Des Moines, IA
July 2009 – February 2014
- Completed data entry tasks and sales journals quickly and accurately
- Prepared for and assisted with external financial audits
- Generated client invoices for medical services and facilitated insurance claims
- Reviewed and improved the company’s accounts receivable processes to improve billing efficiency by 35%
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
College of Business and Public Administration, Drake University, Des Moines, IA, September 2005 – June 2009
- Articulate written and verbal communicator
- Excellent mathematical ability
- Outstanding time-management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Data entry
- Comprehensive knowledge of advanced Excel functions
- IOFM Accounts Receivable Certification
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Accounts Receivable Resumes
Hiring managers use Application Tracking Systems (ATS) to filter job candidates according to key skills, proficiencies, and action verbs. Before a hiring manager sees your resume, an ATS scans it and evaluates its suitability based on the number of matching keywords and phrases. By including more keywords, you improve your chance of a hiring manager reading it and setting up an interview.
|Key Skills & Proficiencies|
|Administrative tasks||Billing and collections|
|File and record maintenance||Invoice and statement preparation|
|Math and computer skills||Organization|
Tips for Writing a Better Accounts Receivable Resume
Highlight detail-oriented and accuracy skills needed for this role
A career in accounts receivable requires a high level of detail and accuracy, regardless of the business setting. These skills can be highlighted in your key skills section of your resume or detailed in the description of your professional experience. Be specific with the description of your key skill.
Completed data spreadsheets and journal entries.
Processed invoices and billing.
Highlight specific accounting or business certifications or education that add to your qualifications
Many accounts receivable roles require only a high school diploma, but additional relevant education is sure to set you apart from other candidates. It’s also worth highlighting any coursework that reinforces your qualifications, as well as extracurriculars that demonstrate your interest and emphasize your proficiency.
- Excelled in accounting, finance, and auditing classes.
- Member of university math club.
- Completed coursework in business administration and business software.
- Studied accounting, finance, and auditing.
- Excelled in coursework in accounting, business software, and auditing.
XYZ College, 2018-2019
How to align your resume with the job description
Hiring managers must go through a long list of potential hires to find the right one, so it’s important to distinguish your resume from other applicants. To make your resume stand out, take note of the required skills and experience, and be sure to indicate on your resume how you meet these requirements.
The skills and experiences that you should include can likely be found earlier in the job description. Important skills will often be mentioned repeatedly throughout the description. Your resume should answer hiring managers’ questions as to how you meet the requirements for the role, as well as how you can specifically contribute to the organization. Write your resume with engaging language and include any special attributes or notable accomplishments.
Example Accounts Receivable Job Description
XYZ is a Seattle-based digital marketing agency that is seeking somebody to fill the Accounts Receivable role. The Accounts Receivable role is responsible for the maintenance of customer files and records, as well as ensuring that invoices and statements are prepared with accuracy. In addition to strong communication skills, the Accounts Receivable candidate must also be experienced with administrative and clerical tasks.
- Maintain accounts receivable, such as customer account reconciliation, performing billing and collections, and keeping accurate records and files
- Prepare and issue statements and invoices to customers
- Audit and analyze inconsistencies and identify opportunities for improved financial performance
- Communicate with customers to ensure timely payments and updated customer files.
- Assist with data and journal entries
- High school diploma: Further education in accounting, business, or finance is an asset.
- 2-3 years of accounts receivable experience
- Strong math and computer skills
- Organized, accurate, and detail-oriented
- Experience with invoice and statement preparation
- Experience with spreadsheet data entry and journal entries
According to the job description, the ideal candidate should have the following qualities and experience:
- Customer account reconciliation
- Billing and collections
- Prepare and issue statements and invoices
- Communication skills
- Data and journal entries
- Math and computer skills
Take the highlighted phrases and keywords from the job description and make sure that your experience and skills match. Use the example below to see how to incorporate your qualifications in your resume to align to the job description:
Accounts Receivable Work Experience Example
XYZ Company, September 2018-Present
- Maintain accounts receivables records, including customer account reconciliation, invoice and statement preparation, and billing collections.
- Complete audits, analyze finances, and identify areas for improved efficiency.
- Perform data and journal entry with bookkeeping software.
- Communicate with customers and assist with billing issues.
- Organize files and records in an accurate and detail-oriented