Web Developer Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Web Developer | [email protected] | (779) 236-8303 | 468 Apple St., San Francisco, CA 572833
April 15, 2021
Dear Mr. Jenkins,
In my previous position, I optimized websites for over 40 client websites with an average of 55% improved user experience scores. I hope to bring my dedicated work style and experience developing websites with various programming languages to Technity as a Web Developer.
With two years of experience working with notable clients, I’m excited to contribute to Technity’s success in optimized and impressive web development solutions. My previous accomplishments include:
- Worked on a team of web developers to develop and maintain websites and applications for over 40 clients with a client retention rate of 98%
- Tested and fixed bugs and optimized website function, resulting in a 50% reduction in error tickets
- Developed creative and innovative solutions that increased customer reach by an average of 40% while meeting both deadline and budget demands
I’m excited to meet with you to discuss how my abilities can benefit the team at Technity. Please contact me with a date and time to meet at your earliest convenience.
P.S. During the interview, I can tell you about how a landing page that I helped design was featured on Github!
Web Developer | [email protected] | (432) 661-9836 | 555 August St., San Francisco, CA 523731
March 1, 2021
Green Space Tech
Dear Mr. Swartz,
In my most recent role, I was responsible for the development and entire life cycle of web applications and product features, optimizing user experience and leading to an increased revenue of 35% over two years. My expertise in e-commerce web development and my motivated work style enabled me to accomplish these results. I hope to bring the same success to the team at Green Space Tech as a Web Developer.
With over seven years of experience in web development, I believe that my technical abilities would be a great match for Green Space Tech’s reputation for innovative solutions. My previous achievements include:
- Analyzed customer traffic results and optimized web flow and architecture, leading to a 40% decrease in cart abandonment rate and generating 30% more sales
- Led a team of five web developers to design and implement web applications for e-commerce clients
- Developed and launched over 30 new features per year, resulting in client satisfaction of 97%
I look forward to the opportunity to contribute my skills to Green Space Tech. Please feel free to contact me with a date and time for an interview.
P.S. I’d love to tell you how I won my company’s annual coding competition!
Senior Web Developer | [email protected] | (123) 444-4444 | 111 First Avenue, Seattle, WA 11111
January 1, 2021
AAA Web Solutions
Dear Mr. Reynolds,
Winning the Seattle Developer of the Year award is only the most recent highlight of my career. It’s important to note that I couldn’t have done it without my team, and I believe my mix of web-development abilities and passion for working with others positions me well to help AAA Web Solutions keep its clients happy.
I admire your company’s ability to serve both government and private clients, and I, too, have experience with both. Given your varied clients, it makes sense that your company would seek out a developer with a broad range of well-honed skills. I believe I fit those requirements based on these achievements:
- I have mastered several programming languages, including CSS, HTML, Java, Python and PHP.
- My rebuild of Seattle Seafood’s website resulted in a 30% increase in sales revenue.
- The SEO, security and speed improvements I implemented for another client helped raise their Google search ranking from the third to the first page of results.
I am hopeful for the opportunity to discuss what I can bring to your open Senior Web Developer position in more detail. I am available whenever your schedule allows.
Jessica Jenkins, B.S.
P.S. One government client’s representative remarked that I’d made a “world of difference” in their site’s performance, and I’d love to explain why!
Web Developer Cover Letter Checklist
To craft a strong web developer cover letter, be sure to include these five main elements:
1. Heading. Use a stylized template that reinforces your basic information. It should include the following details:
- Your full name name, job title, phone number, and email address
- The date of application
- The name and address of the hiring manager
2. Salutation. Search the job description for the hiring manager’s name and greet them formally using either Ms. or Mr. [last name]. If the hiring manager’s name can’t be found, greet them with “Dear Hiring Manager.”
3. Introduction. Grab the attention of the hiring manager with an intriguing introduction that expresses your interest in the job and introduces yourself professionally.
4. Body paragraphs. This section includes two paragraphs where you restate your interest in the job and express your admiration for the company. It should also expand on your relevant qualifications, such as education, career highlights, or awards.
5. Closing section. Write a call to action that prompts the hiring manager to schedule an interview. For extra credit, include a postscript that highlights one last achievement.
To get the attention of the hiring manager and make a strong impression early on, you need to introduce yourself and express your interest in the job in a distinctive way. To do so, pick a notable achievement from your resume and incorporate it into your introduction. You should be able to quantify this achievement so it demonstrates how you can contribute to the organization. Avoid generic and vague facts.
As a web developer with over six years of experience, I’d be a good fit for the job opening at Dyno Solutions.
This section of your cover letter should detail why you’re a good candidate for the job opening. To do so, express your interest in the role and your admiration for the hiring organization. Explain why you’re a good fit for the position. Show the hiring manager that you’ve researched the job and are enthusiastic about their organization by being specific about your interest.
Next, supplement information about your qualifications by including relevant details about your skills and experience. List your qualifications in bullet point form to make your cover letter more visually attractive. Each point should be quantified and paired with a positive result to demonstrate your abilities to the hiring manager. Include any successful projects, promotions, education, awards, or other recognition you’ve received.
With over six years of experience working as web developer and collaborating with full-stack teams to create impactful websites, I’m excited to contribute to Dyno Solutions’ reputation for innovative development.
My past successes include:
- Collaborated with front- and back-end development teams to improve search engine rankings and user experience, leading to a user rating of 97%
- Designed and developed sites with an emphasis on user-friendliness, reducing cart abandonment by 42%
- Led a full-stack team of 10 developers in overhauling an international e-commerce website, resulting in a 150% improvement in web traffic
The job posting states that applicants must have at least three years of experience. I have six years of experience and would like to work for Dyno Solutions.
My past experiences include:
- Collaborated with front- and back-end development teams
- Designed and developed websites
- Led a full-stack web development team
In addition to thanking the hiring manager for their consideration, your closing should prompt them to set up an interview. Write a call to action to meet so the hiring manager knows you’re ready for the next stage in the application process.
For bonus points, include a postscript beneath your closing signature that highlights an achievement and reinforces your qualifications one last time. This can help to draw the hiring manager’s eye and intrigue them to schedule an interview.
I’m excited for the opportunity to work for Dyno Solutions. Please contact me with a date and time that fits your schedule for an interview where we can discuss how I can contribute to your company.
P.S. I’d love to tell you how I won a web development competition in 2020!
I appreciate your time and consideration. I hope to hear from you so that we can discuss this role in greater detail.