Personal Assistant Resume Examples
Years of Experience
283 Orchid Street, Fargo ND 12345
Tech-savvy virtual assistant and recent graduate with an associate in business administration and two years experience in face-to-face customer service. Social media wizard that created a viral video as part of a contest with Dairy Queen. Maintained a 4.0 GPA in business courses during school.
Essential Skills/Knowledge Areas
- Personal finance
- Time management
- Customer service
Associate of Business Administration, 3.7 GPA
SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE UNIVERSITY, Online, September 206 – May 2018
- Social Media for Business
- Interpersonal Communication
- Nonverbal Communication
- Computer Applications
Certified Personal Trainer, 2019
Virtual Personal Assistant, Small Business Assistants, Remote/Work from Home
June 2020 – Present
- Serve up to four business owners at a time
- Compete for in-depth research and compile usable reports
- Create web and social media content
- Manage calls, voicemail, and email for assigned clients
- Consult on fitness and healthy eating plans for business owner
179 Miller Rd, Houston, TX, 12345
Experienced and trusted personal assistant who has effectively served five different professional athletes and an “A-list” actor over the last 36 months. Commonly creates and monitors content on celebrity pages. Above average typing speed at 95 WPM and HootSuite Social Marketing certified. Recommended by Simone Bills (U.S. Olympic gymnast), Travis Bergman (Houston Astros), and more.
Key Skills/Knowledge Areas
- Strong communication skills
- Social media for public relations
- Dog walking and aquarium care
- Typing speed 85 WPM
Associate of Arts in Communication
LONE STAR COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Houston, TX, May 2018
Personal Assistant for A-List Celebrity, Houston, TX
August 2019 – Present
- Manage celebrity’s extremely busy professional and personal calendar
- Book travel and prepare detailed itineraries and occasionally accompany travels
- Complete all basic financials for the household, including bill pay, insurance, etc.
- Plan and arrange events and parties for employer and their family
- Demonstrate ongoing respect and confidentiality when it comes to a celebrity’s private life
Personal Assistant, Pro Athlete Assistants, Houston, TX
May 2018 – August 2019
- Worked as personal assistant for up to three professional athletes at a time
- Helped athletes manage and prepare for TV and public speaking appearances
- Assisted with various personal needs, such as booking family vacations and scheduling the dog groomer
- Managed fan mail and monitored athlete’s personal social media upon request
- HootSuite Social Marketing Certified, 2018
123 Angel Fire Street, Green Bay, WI 12345
Dedicated personal assistant with over seven years experience who holds a real estate license and a Certified Administrative Professional designation. Successfully managed three executives calendars at Jack Watson Real Estate.
Personal Assistant, Beau Turner, Coldwell Banker (Regional Top Sales Performers), Green Bay, WI
March 2019 – Present
- Educate clients on basic real estate
- Complete bookkeeping tasks for the broker
- Assist with contract drafting and property tours
- Walk employer’s English bulldog and border collie three times a week
- Monitor executive emails and screen calls
Jack Watkins Real Estate, Madison, WI
July 2013 – August 2015
- Printed delivery of marketing materials
- Prepared market analysis to help determine property values
- Managed schedules of three firm executives
- Arranged travel for agents to company holdings
- Ran personal errands for two executives, such as dry cleaning and grocery shopping
Bachelor of Business Administration
MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY, Mankato, MN May 2013
- Travel management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Managing executive schedules
- Meal prep
- Certified Administrative Professional by International Association of Administrative Professionals, 2018
- Licensed Real Estate Agent, 2014
135 Vino Street, Palo Alto, CA 12345
Veteran personal and executive assistant with over 10 years experience supporting entrepreneurs and C-suite executives. Bilingual in Spanish and English and can carry on brief conversations in French. Support stress reduction in the workplace by maintaining a Mindfulness Instruction Certification.
Personal/Executive Assistant, Enrique Lores (CEO Hewlett Packard, Inc.), Palo Alto, CA
May 2018 – Present
- Manage CEO’s professional and personal calendar
- Coordinate global travel for executives and corporate groups
- Develop social media content for executive and monitor all his online accounts
- Proofread any customer-facing material and any internal documents signed by executive
- Pick up dry cleaning weekly and supervise housekeeping employees
- Reduced executive team stress levels through the implementation of brief daily meditations
Personal/Executive Assistant, Postmates Executive Team, San Francisco, CA
July 2014 – April 2018
- Drafted internal and external correspondence on behalf of the executive team
- Supervised seasonal office decoration and aided executive team members in decorating homes for investor parties
- Oversaw executive team schedules and company payroll
- Served as point of contact for customer inquiries and complaints
Personal Assistant, Dean E. Lucas, Zion Financial Analytics, Glendale, CA
October 2010 – June 2014
- Prepared agendas, attended meetings, and transcribed correspondence
- Planned and executed events on behalf of the CEO
- Acted as office manager and maintained supply inventory
- Completed both business and personal online purchases for Zion
- Served as liaison between executive and the public
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
SIERRA NEVADA UNIVERSITY, Incline Village, NV, May 2006
Key Skills/Knowledge Areas
- Answering calls and emails
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Attention to detail
- Calendar management
- Experience with plants/greenhouses
- Certified Administrative Professional, International Association of Administrative Professionals, 2019
- Certified Mindfulness Instructor, 2017
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Personal Assistant Resumes
Highlighting your key skills and related action verbs on your resume is essential in reaching the next step of the hiring process. Recruiters and hiring managers tend to rely heavily on Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) in order to narrow down the most appropriate candidates from the hundreds of resumes they typically receive for each open position.
Here’s how that works: Once you submit your resume to a company, it’s sent through their ATS, which evaluates your resume based on the number of keywords and phrases that match the job description. Your resume is only sent for review by a human if it passes the ATS. So, the more key skills and action verbs you incorporate into your resume, the more likely a hiring manager will see it.
|Key Skills & Proficiencies|
|Managing travel||Microsoft Office Suite|
|Verbal and written communication|
Tips for Writing a Better Personal Assistant Resume
Write an eye-catching professional profile
Writing a professional profile that summarizes your experience, achievements, and skills is a powerful way to introduce yourself to a potential employer. When done well, an excellent professional profile helps differentiate you from other job candidates. Make sure you’re highlighting your most important experience, achievements, and skills, quantifying wherever possible.
Experienced personal assistant with a passion for helping people. Great with children and pets. Bookkeeper in a former life.
Energetic recent graduate ready to work hard. Strong at organization and business.
Don’t undersell your soft skills
While including technical skills on your personal assistant resume may seem like a given, it’s important not to minimize your soft skills. Communication skills, active listening, project management, time management, and attention to detail are highly sought-after traits for personal assistants. Make sure to highlight at least one soft skill mentioned in the job description.
Attention to detail.
Kept office and executives organized.
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
Unsure about which skills and experiences you should feature on your resume? Keep in mind that the most important requirements for the job are typically listed first in the job posting. Oftentimes, they’re mentioned more than once. These are the skills you’ll want to highlight in your resume.
Here’s how you can do that: After you’ve read the job description, go back through it and pick out the keywords for the job that seem most important. Then pull up your resume and look for areas where you can incorporate them. Of course, you should only add these details so long as they’re true to your background. Avoid using vague, copied, and pasted descriptions in your resume.
Example Personal Assistant Job Description
Premier Financial Assistants is searching for an extremely organized personal/executive assistant for a long-term assignment with a C-suite financial executive at a Fortune 500 company. This individual should have at least three years of experience as a personal/executive assistant and record of exemplary time management. Certified Administrative Professional designation is preferred.
- Manage executive’s complex personal/professional calendar.
- Serve as gatekeeper for internal and external communication for the executive.
- Organize, book, and develop detailed itineraries for domestic and international travel.
- Handle confidential and/or sensitive information with discretion.
- Assist with event and meeting coordination.
- Manage ad-hoc personal projects for the executive as assigned.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Expert with Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Demonstrate extraordinary time management.
- Highly organized.
- Certified Administrative Professional designation.
- Financial knowledge earns extra points.
Based on the job description, this employer’s ideal applicant should have the following skills and/or experience and skills:
- Attention to detail
- 3+ years experience
- Time management
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Certified Administrative Professional designation
- Travel management
Having determined that, scan your resume for the words you highlighted in the job description and add them naturally to your resume. Use the example below as a guide for how to incorporate them:
Personal Assistant Work Experience Example
October 2016 –Present
- Used Microsoft Office Outlook to manage group and individual calendars and emails
- Managed executive travel and provided the team with detailed inventories
- Ran various personal errands for executives
- Organized large company events and parties
- Communicated with clients and partners in both Spanish and English
Certified Administrative Professional, 2018