Personal Assistant Resume Examples
Years of Experience
(123) 456-7890 | [email protected] | 179 Miller Rd, Houston, TX 12345
Personal Assistant who successfully served 5 professional athletes and an “A-list” actor in the last 3 years. Skilled at creating and monitoring content on celebrity pages (HootSuite Social Marketing Certified). Offer above-average typing speed (95 WPM). Recommended by Simone Biles (US Olympic gymnast), Alex Bregman (Houston Astros), and more.
Associate of Arts – Communication, Lone Star Community College, Houston, TX | 2018
Personal Assistant for A-List Celebrity, Houston, TX | August 2020 to Present
- Manage individual’s busy personal and professional calendar
- Book travel, prepare detailed itineraries, and occasionally accompany individual on trips
- Complete all basic household financials including bill pay and insurance
- Plan and arrange events and parties for the individual and their family
- Maintain utmost discretion and confidentiality at all points
Personal Assistant, Pro Athlete Assistants, Houston, TX | May 2019 to August 2020
- Assisted up to 3 professional athletes at a time
- Helped athletes manage and prepare for TV and public speaking appearances
- Carried out various personal tasks such as scheduling the dog groomer and booking family vacations
- Managed fan mail and monitored athlete’s personal social media upon request
HootSuite Social Marketing Certified | 2018
(123) 456-7890 | yo[email protected] | 123 Angel Fire Street, Green Bay, WI 12345
Dedicated Personal Assistant with 7+ years of experience. Successfully managed 3 executives’ calendars at Jack Watson Real Estate. Credentials include real estate license and Certified Administrative Professional designation.
Personal Assistant, Beau Turner, Coldwell Banker (Regional Top Sales Performers), Green Bay, WI | August 2017 to Present
- Educate clients on basic real estate
- Complete bookkeeping tasks for the broker
- Help draft contracts and give property tours
- Walk employer’s English bulldog and border collie 3 times per week
- Monitor executive emails and screen calls
Assistant, Jack Watkins Real Estate, Madison, WI | July 2015 to August 2017
- Printed delivery of marketing materials
- Prepared market analysis to help determine property values
- Managed schedules of 3 executives
- Arranged agents’ travel to company holdings
- Ran personal errands (such as dry cleaning and grocery shopping) for 2 executives
Bachelor of Business Administration, Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN
- Client Confidentiality
- Executive Schedule Management
- Meal Preparation
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Travel Booking & Management
Certified Administrative Professional, International Association of Administrative Professionals | 2018
Licensed Real Estate Agent | 2014
(123) 456-7890 | [email protected] | 135 Vino Street, Palo Alto, CA 12345
Personal Assistant with 12+ years of experience supporting entrepreneurs and C-suite executives. Well-rounded skillset includes editing, proofreading, calendar management, and client communications. Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish.
Personal/Executive Assistant, Enrique Lores (CEO Hewlett Packard, Inc.), Palo Alto, CA | May 2018 to Present
- Manage CEO’s professional and personal calendar
- Coordinate global travel for executives and corporate groups
- Develop social media content for executive, and monitor all his online accounts
- Proofread any customer-facing materials or signed internal documents
- Pick up dry cleaning weekly, and supervise housekeeping employees
- Introduced brief daily meditations that helped reduce stress levels among executive team
Personal/Executive Assistant, Postmates Executive Team, San Francisco, CA | July 2014 to April 2018
- Drafted internal and external correspondence on behalf of executive team
- Supervised seasonal office decoration, and helped decorate executive team members’ homes for investor parties
- Oversaw executive team schedules and company payroll
- Served as point of contact for customer inquiries and complaints
Personal Assistant, Dean E. Lucas, Zion Financial Analytics, Glendale, CA | October 2010 to June 2014
- Prepared agendas, attended meetings, and transcribed correspondence
- Planned and executed events on behalf of CEO
- Acted as office manager and maintained supply inventory
- Completed both business and personal online purchases for Zion
- Served as liaison between executive and the public
Bachelor of Arts (BA) – Psychology, Sierra Nevada University, Incline Village, NV
Certified Administrative Professional, International Association of Administrative Professionals | 2019
Certified Mindfulness Instructor | 2017
Fluency in Spanish
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Personal Assistant Resumes
Highlighting your key skills and related action verbs on your resume is essential in reaching the next step of the hiring process. Recruiters and hiring managers tend to rely heavily on Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) in order to narrow down the most appropriate candidates from the hundreds of resumes they typically receive for each open position.
Here’s how that works: Once you submit your resume to a company, it’s sent through their ATS, which evaluates your resume based on the number of keywords and phrases that match the job description. Your resume is only sent for review by a human if it passes the ATS. So, the more key skills and action verbs you incorporate into your resume, the more likely a hiring manager will see it.
|Key Skills & Proficiencies|
|Managing travel||Microsoft Office Suite|
|Verbal and written communication|
Tips for Writing a Better Personal Assistant Resume
Write an eye-catching professional profile
At the top of your resume (just under the contact header), write a paragraph summary of your top qualifications. This paragraph should briefly describe your overall experience and record of success. It’s also a great place to mention your communication style or other “soft skills”. Including a profile section lets you train the employer’s attention first and foremost on your unique strengths. Read more: How to Write a Resume Summary in Six Easy Steps
Personal Assistant with 10+ years of success managing celebrities’ personal and professional calendars. Highly organized and efficient booking travel, overseeing social media, and running errands. Child Care and CPR certified by the American Red Cross.
Strike the right tone
For nearly any piece of regular writing, it’s important to choose language that sets and maintains a clear tone or “voice.” That principle also applies to resumes, which call for a formal yet forthright tone (as opposed to the more casual tone of a LinkedIn profile and the eager, confident voice of a cover letter).
To achieve a forthright voice on your resume, use simple sentences and straightforward descriptions of your experience. Keep this advice in mind especially when writing your Profile section, since you may be tempted (or think you need) to use overly “promotional” terms like “Outstanding at,” when a more direct, straight-shooting term like “Skilled in” is better.
Keep a clean, simple format
To best display your career details, keep your format simple. Use color sparingly, if at all. Avoid fancier Microsoft Word format options like WordArt, Tables, and Text Boxes. And try a traditional serif font like Century or Cambria for your body text.
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
Unsure about which skills and experiences you should feature on your resume? Keep in mind that the most important requirements for the job are typically listed first in the job posting. Oftentimes, they’re mentioned more than once. These are the skills you’ll want to highlight in your resume.
Here’s how you can do that: After you’ve read the job description, go back through it and pick out the keywords for the job that seem most important. Then pull up your resume and look for areas where you can incorporate them. Of course, you should only add these details so long as they’re true to your background. Avoid using vague, copied, and pasted descriptions in your resume.
Example Personal Assistant Job Description
Premier Financial Assistants is searching for an extremely organized personal/executive assistant for a long-term assignment with a C-suite financial executive at a Fortune 500 company. This individual should have at least three years of experience as a personal/executive assistant and record of exemplary time management. Certified Administrative Professional designation is preferred.
- Manage executive’s complex personal/professional calendar.
- Serve as gatekeeper for internal and external communication for the executive.
- Organize, book, and develop detailed itineraries for domestic and international travel.
- Handle confidential and/or sensitive information with discretion.
- Assist with event and meeting coordination.
- Manage ad-hoc personal projects for the executive as assigned.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Expert with Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Demonstrate extraordinary time management.
- Highly organized.
- Certified Administrative Professional designation.
- Financial knowledge earns extra points.
Based on the job description, this employer’s ideal applicant should have the following skills and/or experience and skills:
- Attention to detail
- 3+ years experience
- Time management
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Certified Administrative Professional designation
- Travel management
Having determined that, scan your resume for the words you highlighted in the job description and add them naturally to your resume. Use the example below as a guide for how to incorporate them:
Personal Assistant Work Experience Example
October 2016 –Present
- Used Microsoft Office Outlook to manage group and individual calendars and emails
- Managed executive travel and provided the team with detailed inventories
- Ran various personal errands for executives
- Organized large company events and parties
- Communicated with clients and partners in both Spanish and English
- Certified Administrative Professional, 2018