Customer Service Representative Cover Letter and Resume Example (Text Form)
Facts About This Resume:
- The candidate mentions in their objective that they'd like to find a position with a higher level of responsibility.
- The candidate uses specific numbers to quantify their experience and results.
- Education is highlighted last, making the main focus of this resume the candidate's professional experience.
Click on the tabs to toggle between the example Resume and example Cover Letter
- Resume Example
- Cover Letter Example
123 Your Street, Vancouver, WA 12345
Customer service representative with more than 10 years of professional experience providing over-the-phone and one-on-one customer care in a sales-focused environment. Superior communication skills and proven competency with major CRM and POS software systems. Actively seeking a leadership role in your company that lets me take on a higher level of responsibility while continuing to optimize my problem-solving skills to contribute to customer satisfaction.
Professional ExperienceVoss Lubricants, Vancouver, WA
Customer Relationship Specialist, August 2015 — Present
- Manage relationships with corporate clients in the oil and gas industry
- Meet with new clients and potential clients to discuss the needs of their business and recommend products
- Liaise with the sales team to ensure the needs of each client are met appropriately and to receive education on new products that can be passed on to the customer
- Trained three new employees on company policies and product knowledge
- Received a customer satisfaction rating of 92% in 2018
Customer Service Representative, September 2009 — July 2015
- Met with more than 25 customers per day, which included signing up new customers, suggesting upgrades to current contracts and canceling services
- Suggested alternative solutions to customers wishing to cancel their services
- Handled customer complaints in-person and over the phone while exercising patience and providing effective solutions
- Consistently achieved and exceeded sales goals — in December 2014 sales goal was exceeded by 32%
EducationMontana State University, Great Falls, MT
Bachelors of Arts in Marketing & Communications, September 2005 — June 2009
- Competent with software including: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Zoho, Salesforce and Nutshell
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of patience
- Focused on achieving a high level of customer satisfaction
- Proven track record of motivating co-workers and comfortable with delegation
Dear [Manager's Name],
I'm writing to express my interest in the customer service representative opening, as advertised on (name of source). I have more than a decade of experience working in a customer care role and have spent that time optimizing important skills, including communication, organization, patience and leadership. I have a proven track record of successfully recovering relationships with dissatisfied customers on behalf of my employers, as well as exceeding sales and customer satisfaction goals.
In my most current position with Voss Lubricants, I work one-on-one with corporate clients to ensure that my company is meeting their needs. It's my duty to work alongside our sales team to educate the client on new and exciting product launches, as well as secure long-term contracts and increase overall sales for the company.
In addition to the sales skills and techniques that I've learned in my previous experience, I've also gained leadership skills through training new employees and delegating duties on behalf of my manager to other members of my team. I'm eager to continue using these skills in a position that allows me to take on more responsibility. It's my hope that I'll be able to accept a long-term position with (name of company) and grow within the company.
I'm confident that I can bring adequate skills and experience to this role, and I look forward to further discussing this opportunity and my qualifications with you. Thank you for your consideration.