Jobs for call center representatives, classified by the Bureau of Labor Statistics as customer service representatives, are expected to decrease by 2% in the next decade. With fewer positions available, you’ll need a more robust cover letter and resume to get to the interview stage.
If you need help writing an attention-grabbing call center representative cover letter, download one of our four cover letter examples. There are templates for entry-level and experienced call center representatives, and you’ll also find advice on boosting the impact of the critical sections.
Call Center Representative Cover Letter Checklist
There are five main elements your call center representative cover letter needs:
1. Heading. This is where you state important information such as your name, title, and contact details. It should also include the date you wrote the letter and the addressee’s details. A professional template can ensure this information stands out.
2. Salutation. Use the hiring manager’s name whenever possible, addressing them as Mr. or Ms. [Last Name]. If you can’t find their name on the job listing or organization website, use “Dear Hiring Manager” instead.
3. Introduction. Your opening paragraph needs to introduce yourself and express interest in the job while piquing the hiring manager’s interest.
4. Body paragraphs. This is where you demonstrate your suitability for the position by listing relevant experience, education, and skills. A bulleted list is a good inclusion, as it allows the hiring manager to see your successes at a glance.
5. Closing section. The closing paragraph is your opportunity to ask the hiring manager to take the next step of inviting you for an interview. A postscript is a clever addition that can highlight one final achievement and leave a lasting impression.
Call Center Representative Cover Letter Examples and Templates
Your opening paragraph has a lot of work to do. It needs to introduce you, express your interest in the position, and snag the attention of the hiring manager so they continue reading. To accomplish everything, build your opening paragraph around one of the top achievements in your resume. Pick something quantifiable and that clearly shows you have the skills the organization is looking for. Don’t use generic facts, such as your years of experience, as this can easily be found on your resume.
I’m writing to express my interest in the call center representative position you recently advertised. I think my five years of experience as a call center agent make me perfect for the job.
The body of your cover letter consists of two paragraphs. The first should express your admiration for the company and your interest in the position. Be specific about why you want to work at the organization, as this demonstrates your enthusiasm for the position.
The second paragraph is where you can list the skills and experience you have that make you an ideal fit for the job. Choose achievements that can be quantified and have a successful outcome. It can be helpful to choose accomplishments that match the key priorities stated in the job description.
I’m attracted to KJ Communications’ reputation for customer satisfaction which I have excelled at myself during my five years of experience in both inbound and outbound call centers. KJ Communications’ focus on providing high levels of support to clients is ideal for my emphasis on finding solutions for all callers.
I’m excited to help further KJ Communications’ business goals. My past successes include:
- Assisting over 75 callers each day and maintaining a customer satisfaction rating of 97% or higher
- Using upselling skills to sign 65% of callers up to premium plans
- Helped train 22 new call center representatives, with all achieving 90% customer quality scores within 60 days of training
Your job listing states you need someone with at least two years of experience in call centers. I have five years of experience in the industry and am excited to work for KJ Communications.
My current responsibilities include:
- Answering phone calls for people interested in buying insurance
- Ensuring I meet all the center’s KPIs
- Filling in the required forms for new insurance purchases
Your closing needs to encourage the hiring manager to take further action by scheduling an interview. If you only thank them for their time, you’re missing an opportunity.
Including a postscript is a clever way to draw the hiring manager’s eye. Featuring one final accomplishment that you want the hiring manager to know about leaves a lasting impression. The achievement doesn’t necessarily need to be work-related, though it should be relevant to the position. If you have volunteer work or an award that can showcase your call center skills, this is the place to highlight it.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about my experience making fundraising calls for the local hospital, where I helped raise $25,000!
Thank you for taking the time to consider my application and resume. If I can provide clarification on any points, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Call Center Representative Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
- Example #1
- Example #2
- Example #3
Call Center Representative | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Main St., Akron, OH 65432
March 1, 2021
Unity Insurance Inc.
Dear Ms. Wilson,
At Apex Call Center, I handled over 50 calls per day, giving friendly, efficient, and beneficial service to ensure customer retention. I believe it is a combination of my phone etiquette and my ability to quickly learn product information and answer customer questions that led to my success.
With over seven years of call center experience, I am excited to bring my skills and abilities to Unity Insurance. Your company’s solid reputation for excellence fits well with my work ethic.
Some of my previous achievements include:
- Success working in a high-volume call center while resolving customer issues and collaborating effectively with both peers and management
- Earning 100% marks in customer service categories, including listening skills, problem resolution, and communication
- Ability to enter thorough comments and notations in customer files, reducing the need for customers to repeat information on follow-up calls
I look forward to speaking with you in person about my interest in your company, and I am available to meet at your convenience.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about how I received the lowest customer turnover ratio in my company in 2020.
Craft your perfect resume in minutes
Get 2x more interviews with Resume Builder. Access Pro Plan features for a limited time!