Social Media Resume Examples
Years of Experience
2224 Rayburn Road, Montgomery AL 36064
Ambitious social media professional with exceptional skills in video editing and data analysis who was named Employee of the Month by Coca-Cola’s marketing department for innovative ideas and consistently effective responses to social media comments and messages, including the handling of complaints.
Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations
Auburn University Auburn, AL, September 2016 – May 2020
- Writing for New Media
- Digital Advertising
- Social Media Reputation Management
- Multimedia Production Methods
- Intro to Graphic Design
- Social media data analysis
- Video editing
- Google Suite
- Community management
Social Media Intern, Coca-Cola, Atlanta, GA
August 2020 – December 2020
- Assisted in the coordination of multiple content calendars and maintained change and completion documentation
- Earned Employee of the Month award in November 2020 for outstanding contributions and innovative ideas
- Aided social media and marketing teams in developing an award-winning, multichannel campaign
- Reviewed social media posts and interactions to ensure planned content and strategic responses aligned with brand voice and guidelines
123 Armada Driver, Charleston, SC 29403
Highly motivated social media account manager with nearly three years of experience overseeing client accounts, managing account coordinators, and facilitating the development of creative social media. HubSpot certified in content, email, and inbound marketing. Expert at using social media copy and graphics to increase conversions and customer satisfaction, and responsible for spearheading the effort that used social media to increase Blackbaud’s blog traffic by 300% in eight months.
Social Media Specialist, Blackbaud, Charleston, SC
February 2020 – Present
- Employ data analysis tools like Google Analytics and Facebook Insights to closely evaluate and develop reports on social media effectiveness
- Verify compliance of all brand content with company SEO and SMO strategies and approve the release of all company-owned social media
- Produce weekly status reports and data-backed final campaign evaluations
- Increased blog traffic by 300% in eight months by sharing posts accompanied by creative copy on all of Blackbaud’s social media outlets
Social Media Marketer, Publix Super Markets, Charleston, SC
July 2018 – January 2020
- Used data analysis to help grow the company’s Instagram audience by approximately 16,500 followers in nine months
- Created engaging text, graphics, and video content for multiple Publix social media channels
- Increased favorable brand-related material on the web and social media by collaborating with influencers
- Raised customer satisfaction by 25% in three months by monitoring social channels and purposefully interacting with frustrated followers
Bachelor of Science in Social Media Management
Liberty University Lynchburg, VA, August 2014 – May 2018
- Sprout Social
- Behavioral psychology
- Customer service
- Time management
- Crisis communication
- HubSpot Content Marketing Certification, HubSpot Academy, 2020
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification, HubSpot Academy, 2018
- HubSpot Email Marketing Certification, HubSpot Academy, 2018
1234 Kingston Court, Hartford, CT 06122
Social media marketing and management expert with more than seven years experience in a fast-paced agency setting and a reputation for strong leadership, rapid results, and managing a large number of clients at one time. Extensive knowledge and long history of success in social media metrics, specifically Google Analytics, and community management.
Social Media Account Manager, New England Social, Hartford, CT
July 2019 – Present
- Host webinars for clients that focus on using social media for their marketing advantage
- Boosted one client’s Instagram followers by 400% and another client’s Facebook followers by 250% in less than six months
- Established four well-balanced teams that manage social media growth initiatives for many large-scale global clients
- Wrote two case studies on social media that were published in industry publications
Social Media Account Coordinator, Social Butterflies, Hartford, CT
August 2014 – June 2019
- Tracked clients’ social metrics daily and provided recommendations for improvement based on my analysis
- Produced effective and engaging content for a variety of client brands, from nonprofits to Fortune 100 companies
- Maintained positive client relationships through regular check-ins via phone, email, or Zoom
- Designed, managed, and carried out sponsored Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns for as many as 15 clients at one time
- Completed A/B testing to determine best messaging for clients
Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media
New York University New York, NY, September 2010 – May 2014
- Community management
- Customer service
- Editorial calendars
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Adobe Illustrator
- Google Analytics IQ Certification, Google, 2018
437 America Road, Portland, ME 04059
Results-oriented leader with over 10 years of notable success working on corporate in-house social media teams. American Marketing Association Professional Certified Marketer (PCM)® in Digital Marketing who is adept at improving customer engagement through effective use of social media management software, such as Hootsuite and Radian6, and a superstar at using social media to build and mend relationships with customers on behalf of the brand.
Director of Social Media, Tom’s of Maine, Kennebunk, ME
December 2018 – Present
- Initiate and manage creative social media campaigns for Tom’s of Maine events, responsible for a 40% growth in attendance between 2018 and 2019
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and advertising teams to ensure consistent messaging
- Improve Tom’s of Maine’s social media customer engagement with compelling content and strategic use of Sprout Social, achieving 120% increase in engagement since December 2018
- Determine return on investment for social media and present data results to the marketing department and executive team
Senior Social Media Specialist, CVS Health, Woonsocket, RI
July 2015 – November 2018
- Trained various branches of the company in CVS Health’s corporate social media guidelines
- Increased customer satisfaction from an average rating of 3.2 to 4.5 stars by responding to and resolving issues via social media
- Planned and carried out five user-generated content competitions and used the content submitted to grow the company’s digital followings by at least 150% each
- Wrote and published a style guide for company personnel to follow when posting on social media
Communications and Social Media Associate, Ben & Jerry’s, South Burlington, VT
July 2013 – November 2015
- Performed crisis and everyday reputation management via content and interactions on Ben & Jerry’s social media channels
- Applied data analysis skills to identify consumer habits and develop solutions for how to better reach them
- Assisted in management of department budget
- Produced and edited publications for internal audiences
Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations and Applied Communication
University Of Vermont Burlington, VT, September 2005 – May 2009
- Customer service
- Data analysis
- Google Analytics
- Social media management software: Sprout Social, Radian6
- Video editing
- Professional Certified Marketer (PCM)® in Digital Marketing, American Marketing Association, 2015
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Social Media Resumes
Many companies use an applicant tracking system (ATS) to assist hiring managers in finding the best candidates for an open position and reducing the abundance of resumes busy leaders must sift through. An ATS is a software that collects, organizes, and rates all applicants’ resumes based on the keywords they include. While this technology is designed to make life easier for employers, it can also take the human aspect out of the recruiting process. For instance, an ATS can drastically diminish the odds of your resume ever being seen by a person.
To make sure your resume advances to the human part of candidate screening, we’ve put together a list of the most common skills and action verbs found in job descriptions for social media professionals. You can maximize the likelihood your resume will reach the desk or inbox or a human by incorporating the words from this list and the keywords you see frequently used in the job description into your final resume.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Community management||Content management|
|Data analysis||Editorial calendars|
|Microsoft Office Suite||Photo editing|
|Project management||Relationship building|
|Research||Search engine optimization|
|Self marketing||Social media management software: Sprout Social, Hootsuite|
|Social media: Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram||Strategic thinking|
|Time management||Video editing|
Tips for Writing a Better Social Media Resume
Quantify your social media experience to feature your successes
Give employers a better sense of your talents and expertise by quantifying your social media experience. As you write your resume, try to answer the questions like “how much?” or “how many?” concerning your work. For instance, as a social media professional, you may find great information for your resume with questions such as:
- How much did your influencer collaboration increase your company’s conversion rate?
- How many followers did you add to the client’s audience?
- How much did your idea improve your company’s social media engagement?
Grew Kay Jewelers’ Instagram following.
Improved DICK’S Sporting Good’s conversion rate.
Showcase your social media education achievements
When applying for a position as a social media professional, your education is important. It’s a smart move to highlight your achievements in addition to the standard school name, location, graduation year, and degree. Once you’ve added your basic information, provide any courses, projects, or experience related to the position for which you are applying.
For example, if you’re seeking employment as a social media specialist at a line of hair salons that wants to improve its Instagram engagement and conversions, include classes, assignments, or work history that involves Instagram, photo editing, business-to-consumer (B2C) marketing, and the beauty, retail or service industries.
- Excelled in graphic design and social media writing courses.
- Lead Costume and Makeup Designer for 11 of WSU’s multi-performance theatre productions.
- Developed a campaign as part of my capstone course that increased our B2C client’s Instagram engagement by 60% and conversions by 40% in only four months.
- Graduated Cum Laude.
- Minored in Japanese.
For this example, imagine the individual is applying for a job as a social media content writer for a pet goods e-commerce website that wants a witty yet professional social media voice.
- Excelled in digital and creative writing courses.
- Operated a small e-commerce essay proofreading business.
- Humane Society volunteer, five hours per week for four years.
- Vice President, Vols Improv Comedy, a selective student team that competed at festivals throughout North America.
- Worked part-time at the financial aid center.
- President of the Disc Golf Club.
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
Employers in the process of hiring social media professionals sift through hundreds of resumes to identify their top-choice candidates who fit their unique needs.
One way to maximize your chance of attracting the hiring manager’s attention is to use your resume to showcase your experiences and abilities that match those specified in the job description. Follow the steps below to discover which words will have the most impact when sprinkled throughout your resume.
- Evaluate the job posting and create a list of essential skills based on the requirements listed by the hiring manager. If they mention a specific skill, experience, or accomplishment more than once, the employer likely believes it to be one of the most important.
- Check your resume against the keyword list you built during step one. Once a term from your keyword list has been naturally integrated into your resume, cross it off and continue to add the other keywords to your document.
- Lastly, triple-check that all the keywords you noted from the job description are in your resume, as seen below. It’s fine if you don’t have every skill listed in the job description. That’s not unusual. Today’s employers favor honesty and willingness to learn from candidates over people who misrepresent their background.
Review the example below to see how the highlighted keywords are incorporated into an applicant’s resume.
Example of Social Media Job Description
Alaska Airlines is searching for a Social Media Content Specialist with excellent writing skills and a knack for analyzing and applying data to social media content creation. Our ideal candidate will have hands-on experience producing copy, graphics, and video projects on a fast-paced, in-house team. Once hired, our Social Media Specialist will work at our office for six weeks. Following this, the individual will be given the option to work from home three days per week. We also offer a competitive benefits package, including an employer-matched 401(k). Applicants who have a background in creating B2C content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or TikTok will take priority.
- Execute results-driven social media strategies and analyze data to determine areas for improvement.
- Brainstorm, plan, prepare, and evaluate content for some or all of the following effectiveness for Alaska Airlines social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok.
- Participate in the development of the social media department’s editorial calendar
- Respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments in a timely and professional manner.
- Copy edit the content to ensure its accuracy and compliance with Alaska Airlines policies before publication.
- Organize and schedule content using social media management software such as Radian6.
- Actively participate in company updates and culture events via Slack and Zoom.
- 2-3 years of proven experience in social media.
- Has outstanding writing skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, English, or other related fields.
- Ability to produce written, visual and audiovisual content
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization.
- Proficiency in data analysis, including Google Analytics.
- Hands-on experience with social media management software.
- Has United States work authorization.
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok, and other social media operations and strategies.
Based on the job description, the preferred job candidate has the following experience/personal qualities:
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and other social media
- Strong data analysis skills
- Expertise in social media management software such as Radian6
- Outstanding writing skills
- History of producing written, graphic, and multimedia content
- B2C experience
Now that we’ve identified the strongest keywords for this specific job description, it’s time to verify that they’re all included in our resume, as seen below. Remember, don’t check every single box when it comes to skills and experiences listed in the job requirements. That’s normal. Plus, employers tend to prefer honesty over deceptive behavior. Review the example below to see how the keywords were incorporated into the applicant’s resume.
Social Media Work Experience Example
Nike, Beaverton, OR, October 2018 – March 2020
- Increased Nike’s Instagram following by 150% in three months by applying a B2C copy technique learned in a previous position.
- Used data analysis to select a new strategy that increased engagement on Nike’s TikTok by 35% in six months.
- Produced written, graphic, and video content for various Nike social media outlets.
- Managed Facebook and Twitter using Radian6 social media management software.