Employment for social media occupations within the advertising, promotions, and marketing field is expected to grow by 6% or 18,800 jobs from 2019 to 2029, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Although specific job numbers will vary by occupation within the field, the continued rise of online media will increase the demand for social media occupations. Even in a growing job market, there is competition for the choicest positions. Drafting a compelling cover letter can help get you noticed and distinguish you from other qualified candidates.
If you’re not sure how to optimize your cover letter, download one of our four cover letter examples. Study the templates and tips below to discover how to make a good impression on the hiring manager, regardless of whether you’re seeking an entry-level or experienced position.
Social Media Cover Letter Checklist
Your social media cover letter should include five key elements:
1. Heading. A stylized template can highlight your basic information. Your heading should include:
- Your name, job title, and contact info
- The date of application
- The recipient’s details
2. Salutation. Either address the hiring manager by name, such as Mr. or Ms. [last name], or by “Dear Hiring Manager,” if you’re unable to find their name.
3. Introduction. Write a distinctive opening paragraph to introduce yourself and express your interest in the role.
4. Body paragraphs. Include your relevant professional experience, skills, education, and achievements in your body paragraphs. Bullet lists can help emphasize important points and break up blocks of texts for the hiring manager.
5. Closing section. Your conclusion or closing section is the call to action for the hiring manager to invite you for an interview. You can also add a postscript with a notable achievement to help draw the hiring manager’s eye.
Social Media Cover Letter Examples and Templates
Use the introduction section of your cover letter to introduce yourself to the hiring manager in a distinctive way, as well as express your interest in the social media job opening. Select a quantifiable achievement on your resume that best demonstrates your qualifications and work it into your introduction. Rather than offering vague facts about your education or experience, be specific about your qualifications.
I’m qualified for this role as I have over three years of experience managing social media campaigns.
Your cover letter’s body paragraphs should describe your interest in the available social media role and what excites you about working with the organization. Be detailed in your description.
Then, describe your relevant accomplishments, such as educational degrees or certifications, career highlights, or any other successes or projects you’ve led or been a part of. Each achievement should be paired with a coordinating positive outcome to indicate the qualities that could make you successful in the social media role. Be sure to use quantifiable accomplishments, so hiring managers have a clear idea of your contributions and qualifications.
As a social media manager with five years of experience managing social media marketing strategies, I’m interested in contributing to XYZ’s award-winning innovation. XYZ’s focus on high-quality traffic and user engagement aligns well with my own social media strategies.
I’d love the opportunity to contribute more success to the XYZ team. Some of my achievements include:
- Planned and executed the ABCD campaign, generating over 5,000 user posts with the campaign hashtag across Instagram and Facebook
- Conceptualized and introduced ABD Co’s Instagram profile, effectively driving user traffic and engagement, as well as gaining 200,000 followers in under two months
- Designed and executed a promotional social media campaign to generate interest across various social media channels for a new product launch, exceeding expected launch sales by 20%
The job description indicates that the social media role requires three years of experience. I have five years of experience in social media and would like the opportunity to work with XYZ.
My past responsibilities include:
- Creation and implementation of social media campaigns
- Planning and delivering social content calendars
- Drive brand awareness and user traffic and engagement
To make a final positive impression on the hiring manager, close your cover letter with a CTA that prompts them to invite you for an interview. Don’t simply thank the hiring manager for their time and consideration.
To emphasize your qualifications, include a postscript after your closing signature to highlight one more accomplishment. This strategy draws the eye and may improve your chances of having your cover letter noticed.
Jane Givens, Social Media Manager
P.S. During the interview, I can tell you about how I won the ABC Social Media Award!
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to discuss my qualifications with you and learn more about the social media position.
Social Media Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Digital Marketing Manager | [email protected] | (765) 432-1098 | 432 Main Road, New Orleans, GA 43210
March 4, 2021
Faubourg Brewing Company
Dear Ms. Moreno,
Cutting my department’s spending by 23% while increasing campaign engagement by an average of 45% was my proudest achievement in 2020. I am excited to leverage my strategic planning skills and creative use of social media to help even more people discover Faubourg beers in 2021.
With more than seven years of experience managing marketing campaigns over multiple platforms and three promotions under my belt, the opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking brand like the Faubourg Brewing Company is enticing to me. I believe that my recent accomplishments show that I am the ideal candidate:
- Redesigning my company’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram content to create a consistent brand voice, resulting in a revenue increase of 34% over two years
- Leading a team of marketers to generate a Facebook ad campaign that was shortlisted for a Drum Award in 2020
- Designing and delivering a successful internship program that led to the onboarding of three talented recruits
I would love to attend an interview to explain how my strong branding ability and engaging digital campaigns can help the Faubourg Brewing Company exceed its fiscal targets. I am available to meet at your convenience.
P.S. I would enjoy explaining why I received a workplace commendation for my contribution to my company’s professional development program.
Craft your perfect resume in minutes
Get 2x more interviews with Resume Builder. Access Pro Plan features for a limited time!