Program Manager Resume Examples
Years of Experience
123 S Main Street, Branson, MO 65616
Forward-looking, articulate IT Program Manager with more than a year of experience. Skilled at finding and reducing inefficiencies, as well as facilitating cross-functional collaboration. Eager to learn and grow with a team of similarly driven associates and leaders. Master of Business Administration.
- Efficiency Improvement
- Information Technology
- PMO Standard Tools & Templates
- Reporting & Documentation
- Team Collaboration
Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS | 2019
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science
Program Manager, Branson Enterprises, Inc., Branson, MO | August 2019 to Present
- Define program core stakeholders and regularly review to ensure cross-functional alignment
- Execute programs with master schedules, action items, and resource allocation matrices
- Deliver all programs to meet or surpass KPIs
- Led custom HR software project that eliminated 4 meeting hours per week for 20 employees
- Automated file transfer process, saving 100 labor hours
Business Operations Intern, Select Diagnostics, Manhattan, KS | January 2019 to May 2019
- Analyzed company performance history to help optimize efficiency
- Performed SQL queries for real-time reporting
- Provided analytical support across departments
- Produced clear, concise presentations for project managers
Project+ – CompTIA
PgMP – PMI
109 My Road, Albany, NY 32109
Dedicated Program Manager with qualified social worker status and 7+ years’ experience leading community projects and residential programs.
Youth Project Program Manager, Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene Incorporated, Albany, NY | March 2016 to Present
- Arrange and oversee suicide prevention initiatives for local high schools, colleges, and other youth organizations
- Led a team to deliver training that raised educators’ confidence discussing sensitive issues with students by 64%
- Recruited and onboarded 5 staff members in 2020, and provided career development opportunities for colleagues
- Spearheaded public awareness initiatives that caused 50% more young people to access support from crisis helpline
Program Manager, Hope House Incorporated, Albany, NY | July 2013 to March 2016
- Oversaw, trained, and performance-managed care and administrative staff
- Devised many training and therapeutic activities to support male residents’ recovery from alcohol addiction
- Negotiated with and selected contractors, and managed department budget
Silver School of Social Work, New York University, New York, NY
- Master of Social Work | 2013
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work | 2011
- Addiction & Mental Health Programs
- Budget Management
- Operations Management
- Service Promotion
- Staff Training & Coaching
- Talent Recruiting & Retention
- Team Leadership & Motivation
Social Worker Certification | 2011
876 Main Avenue, Orlando, FL 76543
Dedicated Program Manager with 13+ years’ experience. Skilled at setting strategic plans, managing risks, and motivating team members. Adapt readily to new work challenges and industry conditions.
Program Manager, MetaBank, Orlando, FL | March 2013 to Present
- Drive positive program outcomes by closely monitoring progress and quickly addressing problems as they arise
- Oversee remote workforce and pinpoint areas for improvement or training
- Foster opportunities for remote knowledge sharing across a wide region
- Devised a comprehensive staff training and development schedule that raised morale by 75% and efficiency by 43%
Program Manager, ServiceNow, Orlando, FL | July 2007 to March 2013
- Led 4 concurrent programs focused on improving efficiency by more than 20%
- Co-developed new policies and procedures to elevate customer service standards
- Collaborated across functional lines to solve complex operational problems
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business Administration, Everglades University, Orlando, FL | 2007
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Contingency Planning
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Risk Management & Mitigation
- Targeted Resource Allocation
- Task Prioritization & Sequencing
- Team Leadership & Motivation
- Time Management
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Program Manager Resumes
When considering job applicants, hiring managers often use applicant tracking systems (ATS) to scan resumes. An ATS can identify keywords that match the job description to filter out the best candidates, and hiring managers then review the filtered applications. By highlighting matching skill keywords and action verbs, you can increase the chance that a hiring manager sees your resume.
|Key Skills & Proficiencies|
|Computer skills||Conflict management|
|Customer relationship management program skills||Detail-oriented|
|Problem-solving||Process improvement and mapping|
|Resource management||Risk management|
|Standard operating procedure||Strategic planning|
Tips for Writing a Better Program Manager Resume
Quantify your program manager experience on your resume
Describe your program manager’s experience in quantifiable terms so that hiring managers can better gauge your skills and abilities. Include quantifiable achievements or outcomes for each kind of experience, such as business revenue increases or business performance improvements.
Strategized and implemented best practice processes to optimize product quality, reducing product defect rate by 40% and contributing to a 45% overall increase in customer satisfaction.
Strategized and implemented best practice processes to optimize product quality.
Developed KPI dashboard to improve sales forecasting and reporting accuracy, contributing to 20% increased revenue over a financial quarter.
Developed KPI dashboards to improve sales forecasting and reporting accuracy.
Showcase your computer and business technologies knowledge
Program managers must have proficient computer skills. They will also likely require skills in CRM and BPM software. Highlight your experience with different kinds of programs to indicate the depth and variety of your technical knowledge. If the job description mentions specific programs, be sure to mention your experience in that particular program in your resume.
Proficient in HubSpot, Salesforce, and Agile CRM programs.
CRM program skills
Proficient in business process management systems including Oracle bpm suite, ARIS bpm, and MS Project.
Proficient in business process management systems
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
To find the right fit, hiring managers must review many applicants and resumes. Since program managers can work in a multitude of industries, you’ll want to make sure your resume aligns with the job opening. You’ll want to showcase relevant skills and qualifications to ensure you get a chance at an interview.
The most important qualifications for the job are typically featured first in the job description or repeatedly throughout. Use your resume to detail how you meet the expectations and requirements for the job. You should mention any relevant accomplishments or successes and use engaging and specific language when describing your qualifications.
Example Program Manager Job Description
Rainbow Healthcare Products is seeking a program manager to join our supportive and collaborative team. The program manager is responsible for developing and executing program processes. They should do so with KPI and financial goals in mind. The right candidate will be analytical and organized in order to assess risks and opportunities. Computer skills are also crucial to this role.
- Plan and manage large programs consisting of many complex projects
- Own KPI goals and drive program performance
- Develop and lead best practice processes to achieve program goals
- Analyze problems to create and implement risk management practices
- Train and manage teams of specialists and communicate program performance goals and processes
- Collaborate and communicate with vendors and partners
- Manage CRM and BPM databases
- Bachelor’s degree in business technologies, science, or a related field
- Five years of program management experience
- Healthcare product experience preferred
- Proficient in computer skills, including CRM and BPM software
- Analytical and organizational skills
According to the job description, the ideal job applicant should have the following skills and experience:
- KPI management
- Risk management
- Computer skills – CRM and BPM software
- Healthcare product experience
Write your resume to include the skills and experience keywords above. The example below is shows how to incorporate your qualifications in your resume to match the job description:
Program Manager Work Experience Example
Program Manager, Healthroma Incorporated, Seattle, WA
July 2015 – September 2020
- Strategized and developed processes for large healthcare product programs, managing resources and activities to lead to increased revenue of 25% over previous years
- Led complex programs, assessed and evaluated risk potential and created risk management practices
- Created and owned KPI goals and optimized efficiency, accuracy and quality to achieve 40% performance improvement over three years
- Trained and managed a staff of up to 40 individuals, including project managers, developers and engineers
- Identified areas of opportunity through the use of CRM and BPM software, creating a 20% increase in new business
- Communicated with project teams and vendors to ensure logistics and delivery performance