Operations Manager Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Operations Manager | [email protected] | (876) 678-8765 | 123 First Street, Mammoth Cave, KY 98765
June 10, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Mr. Rodgers,
Last year, I spearheaded a project to streamline operational workflows in a chain of dental practices. This resulted in a 43% productivity increase and reduced staffing costs by $354k per year. I hope to achieve similar results as the Operations Manager at Patterson Dental.
I know that you are looking for an innovative and collaborative individual with the business acumen to maximize operational efficiency. As a diligent operations manager with 2+ years of experience and a proven track record for creating effective processes, I believe that I have the attributes to excel. I am excited to leverage my skills to facilitate your organization’s award-winning, patient-centered services.
My recent achievements include:
- Conducting branch performance reviews and making targeted recommendations for improvement, increasing overall patient retention by 34%
- Successfully resolving 99.5% of employee issues and disputes within the designated timeframe
- Maintaining warm and supportive relationships with employees and other departmental managers, assisting them to exceed 76% of agreed goals
Please contact me to arrange a convenient interview time. I look forward to learning more about the role and discussing how my strategic planning skills can help your employees and patients in 2021.
P.S. I would like to explain how I contributed to a project that boosted the annual turnover by 24% last year.
Operations Manager | [email protected] | (505) 654-3210 | 856 Cactus Road NW, Albuquerque, NM 87100
June 1, 2021
Dear Ms. Hayashi,
When I first heard about your company, I was impressed with the level of excellence you uphold. I reached out to a couple of employees, and my interest was piqued because they verified that your approach to supply chain management echoed my own. Your impressive approach to lean management earned you numerous awards over the last four years, including the 6S Rising Star Prize as well as a JD Power award.
As a Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM) and Total Quality Management, I believe in a holistic approach to the supply chain. During my tenure at Belling SPR, I developed new procedures and processes that led to an 18% improvement in customer call quality and a 10% increase in big-ticket sales revenue.
Some of my other past successes include:
- Directing marketing initiatives across seven districts that lifted collection from 57% to 93%
- Implementing P&L assessment and analysis to calibrate costs
- Collaborating with the Director of Finance to develop strategic plans that would leverage existing partnerships to improve contracts
I would appreciate the opportunity to share how my skill set can further McKay’s strategy. I am available at your convenience.
P.S. — I would love to tell you how I expanded Bellinger’s supply chain strategy from 22 states to serving all 50.
Operations Manager | [email protected] | (123) 456 -7890 | 123 First Street, Santa Clarita, CA 12345
January 1, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Taylor,
With more than 16 years of experience as an operations manager, I believe that I have the knowledge and qualifications that would make me a valuable addition to your team at ABC Technologies. I have a background in administration, and I have spent the last five years working at InTech Technologies, which offers a similar product line to yours.
I am adept in revenue generation, team building, administration, and financial oversight. I have a proven track record of meeting deadlines and exceeding goals or expectations.
Some of my career highlights include:
- Developing innovative safety programs that reduced incidents by 75%
- Increased overall productivity by 26%, while reducing the number of staff by 17%
- Grew the company market share by 52% in 12 months
I’d like to set up an interview to discuss how my work experience fits ABC Technologies’ vision for the future. Please feel free to contact me with a time and date that suits your schedule.
P.S. I would love to tell you about my innovative production schedules that have been shown to increase general productivity.
Operations Manager Cover Letter Checklist
To make your cover letter shine, you’ll want to include these five main elements:
1. Heading. Use a stylized template to make this both well organized and attractive to the eye. Include this information:
- Your name, contact details, and current position
- The date of the letter’s writing
- The addressee’s name, position, and contact information
2. Salutation. Address the hiring manager using their name, like this: Mr. or Ms. [Last Name]. When the hiring manager’s name is unavailable, go with “Dear Hiring Manager,” as an alternative.
3. Introduction. Use this paragraph to introduce yourself in an impressive yet respectful manner. Also, use it to mention that you’re drawn to the job.
4. Body paragraphs. Next, write two paragraphs that cover your education, expertise, and professional background. Here, it’s a good idea to use a bulleted list to cover some specific ways you’ve had success.
5. Closing section. To close, let the hiring manager know that you would like to interview at their convenience. After your signature, a postscript describing one more interesting trait or success can help your cover letter remain in the hiring manager’s mind.
During your introduction, you’ll want to strike a balance between showing interest in the Operations Manager position and highlighting what you’d bring to the organization. A helpful starting point is your resume: Choose a standout accomplishment from it, and use that in your introduction. Make sure it’s quantifiable rather than generic; for instance, saying that you were in the top 5% of your graduating class means more than saying you were a standout student.
I’ve been an Operations Manager for 15 years, so I have the experience your position requires.
The purpose of your cover letter’s body is to show why you’re so interested in the job and why you’re a good fit for both it and the organization. Specificity will help your cover letter stand out from other candidates’.
Dedicate some time to position-relevant successes you’ve had. For instance, if you have certifications, degrees, awards, a history of promotions, or impressive leadership accomplishments, this is the time to mention them. List specific outcomes of each success.
Over the course of my 15-year career, I’ve risen from the position of intern to Operations Manager. I believe the people-focused approach that helped me do so makes me an ideal fit for Raleigh Robotics, given your organization’s emphasis on fostering positive working environments and client relations.
I’d be honored and excited to join the Raleigh Robotics team, and I think my hard and soft skills would be a beneficial boost to it. Those skills have led to past achievements like these:
- I implemented a rotating work-from-home system that allowed my organization to downsize its real estate needs by 25%.
- By reviewing options and then choosing a unified production-management software solution, I allowed my organization to combine six disparate systems into one.
- I reduced the amount of unsold inventory on hand by 30% over a three-year period.
Your job listing requests an Operations Manager with 10 years or more of experience. I have 15 years of time as an Operations Manager and am interested in the role.
At my current organization, I’ve handled these responsibilities:
- Scheduling remote and on-site employees
- Implementing software solutions
- Managing inventory
To close out your letter, you should include a call to action that invites the hiring manager to reach out and schedule an interview. This is preferable to just thanking the hiring manager for reading your letter.
For a nice kicker, include a postscript below your signature. Use the postscript as a teaser that will further pique the hiring manager’s interest.
At your convenience, please feel free to reach out to schedule an interview with me. I’d love to discuss how I can help Raleigh Robotics continue to build its record of people-focused production and high-end client service.
Jason Jannsen, MBA
P.S. One of my teams won a 2019 Production Safety Award, and I’d enjoy the chance to tell you how!
Thank you for reading my letter and considering my candidacy. I hope to hear from you soon.