Office Manager Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Office Manager | [email protected] | (789) 012-3456 | 432 Main Street, Park City, UT 76543
March 11, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Tang,
Successfully negotiating an office supplies contract that slashed costs by 43% was my proudest achievement in 2020. I am excited to apply my excellent organizational skills and strategic budget management ability to the role of Office Manager at Thrasio.
As an ambitious individual motivated by playing a part in building thriving businesses, the opportunity to join a fast-growing company like Thrasio is compelling to me. I know that you are seeking a self-starter with a proven talent for problem-solving, and I believe that the following accomplishments show my suitability:
- Spearheading the office staff training initiative, providing ongoing professional development sessions and successfully onboarding three new hires in 2020
- Streamlining the appointment booking system to reduce errors by 89% in a single year
- Receiving glowing praise during my annual performance review for my exceptional efficiency and leadership skills
I am looking forward to setting up a meeting to explore how my abilities and innovative approach can benefit Thrasio in 2021. I am available to attend an interview at your convenience.
P.S. I am excited to tell you why I was recognized as Manager of the Year at my company in 2019.
Office Manager | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Main Street, Cleveland, OH 09876
March 1, 2021
Dear Ms. Collins,
Supervising a team of 14 employees while handling the demands of a busy office and maintaining high levels of efficiency are some of my greatest achievements in my administrative career. I would like to bring that same level of commitment to Aspen, Inc. as an Office Manager.
After obtaining over seven years of office management experience, I am excited to contribute to Aspen, Inc.’s reputation for quality and commitment to growth. Some examples of my past successes include:
- Maintained a yearly budget of $90,000 to manage office requirements such as ordering supplies, equipment maintenance, and service contracts.
- Recommended cost-saving measures for service contracts to save an average of 10% per year.
- Created and implemented efficiency enhancements to improve the workflow of the front office staff.
I would love to set up a time to discuss further how my skills and abilities can benefit your company. Please feel free to contact me with a time that works best for you.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about the time I improved performance feedback methods for my staff and boosted employee morale.
Office Manager | [email protected] | (654) 321-0987 | 321 Main Road, Des Moines, IA 10987
March 15, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Mr. Sharpe,
Last year, I spearheaded a project to overhaul my company’s calendar system. This resulted in an 87% reduction in booking errors and cut appointment wastage by 65%. I hope to offer the same assertive leadership and strategic planning as an Office Manager at UnityPoint Health.
I know that you are looking for an experienced individual with the organizational skills to ensure the smooth running of multiple campuses. As a seasoned manager with a 13-year track record for overseeing complex operations, the opportunity to use my skills to help UnityPoint Health provide high-quality health care to my local community is compelling. My recent accomplishments include:
- Negotiating favorable deals with contractors to slash office spending by 43% in 2020 without compromising service quality or efficiency
- Planning and delivering a comprehensive staff development program that increased productivity by 32% in the last fiscal quarter
- Overseeing the operation of reception staff and achieving a 93%+ customer satisfaction rating over three years
I look forward to meeting you at an interview to discuss how I can help your organization meet its operational targets in 2021. Please get in touch to arrange a convenient time.
P.S. I would love to explain why I was singled out for a workplace commendation last month.
Office Manager Cover Letter Checklist
Effective cover letters for office managers should include five main elements:
1. Heading. Using a stylized template can help emphasize your basic information. You should include your name, job title, and contact info, the date of application, and the recipient’s details.
2. Salutation. Address the hiring manager by name, such as Mr. or Ms. [last name]. Use the greeting “Dear Hiring Manager” if the hiring manager’s actual name is unavailable.
3. Introduction. Use the introduction as an opportunity to introduce yourself and express your interest in the job.
4. Body paragraphs. Include your relevant professional experience, skills, education, and accomplishments. Highlight important points and make your resume more attractive by writing your details in bullet point form.
5. Closing section. The conclusion is the call to action for the hiring manager to invite you for an interview. For a bonus opportunity to highlight your qualifications in a memorable way, add a P.S. with a notable achievement.
Your introduction is where you need to catch the hiring manager’s attention. To do this, introduce yourself in a distinctive way and express your interest in the office manager job opening. Pick one of your most impressive and quantifiable accomplishments that demonstrates your qualifications. Include this achievement in your introduction to show how you can contribute to the organization. Try to be specific and avoid vague descriptions of your qualifications.
As an office manager with eight years of experience, I meet the qualifications for the position of office manager.
The first body paragraph of your cover letter should detail your interest in the job and the company. You should be specific about your interest in the role and your admiration for the company.
The second paragraph should describe your qualifications and accomplishments. This may include educational degrees or certifications, promotions, or other quantifiable successes. Pair each achievement with a positive outcome so that hiring managers can quantify your skills and abilities. Try not to list accomplishments that only vaguely describe your qualifications.
With my over 10 years of office management experience and multiple promotions, I’m interested in contributing to the ongoing success of Sternings Incorporated. The company’s long-term commitment to customer satisfaction is a perfect fit for my motivated work ethic. My past successes include:
I’m excited to help further KJ Communications’ business goals. My past successes include:
- Administered an annual budget of $150,000, saving an average of 10% each year by optimizing processes, such as creating new inventory and order procedures
- Managed payroll for 150 employees and established delivered employee benefits, reducing staff turnover by 40%
- Assisted marketing department by transferring to new CRM platform and optimizing marketing campaign costs, saving 20% over previous year
- Managed and monitored processes to optimize efficiency
- Administered yearly department budget
- Completed payroll and coordinated employee benefits
- Assisted other departments with processes as needed
Your cover letter should end with a strong closing and a call to action (CTA) for the hiring manager. In other words, specify that you wish to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. Don’t simply thank the hiring manager for their time.
To create a final good impression, include a P.S. beneath your closing signature that highlights one achievement. This format helps draw the eye of the hiring manager. It also further highlights your skills and helps to set your cover letter apart from others that the hiring manager may see.
P.S. I’d love to tell you how I won employee of the year with two organizations!
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to hear from you to discuss my qualifications and to learn more about the role.