Marketing Manager Cover Letter Examples
Years of Experience
Marketing Manager | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., Providence, RI 02903
April 13, 2021
Dear Mr. Roberts,
As an established marketing professional, I am sure that I would be an excellent fit for the role of Marketing Manager at Market Works. I believe that my analytical thinking skills, communication abilities, and leadership experience make me well-suited to this position.
I have been assigned increased responsibilities in my current job as my employer noticed my willingness to go above and beyond. Market Work’s corporate structure and emphasis on leadership are key reasons I believe I would succeed in this position.
I am excited by the opportunity to bring my work ethic and experience to Market Works and handle new challenges as a Marketing Manager. Some of my past accomplishments include:
- Increasing social media engagement by over 30% within one year
- Coordinating a department-wide effort to obtain an additional $100,000 for the annual marketing department budget
- Contributing to numerous reports highlighting the successes of the marketing department’s initiatives
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss my qualifications with you further. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
P.S. I’d love to tell you how I referred five employees to my current company.
Marketing Manager | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Main Street, Los Angeles, California 12345
January 1, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Refuel Creative Agency
Dear Ms. Simpson,
In my current role as a marketing manager for ABC Creative, I have developed unique promotional campaigns that have grown our annual profit by 37%. In the last four years, I have recruited, hired, and trained 16 new marketing specialists, all of whom have contributed to growing our profits significantly.
During my seven years at ABC Creative, I have developed a number of marketing skills specific to the creative and social media industry that I am sure would make me a valuable asset to your team at Refuel Creative.
Some of my career highlights have included:
- Led a national marketing campaign that included trade shows and PR events. This campaign led to a 27% increase in client traffic.
- Oversaw the creation of a new company logo
- Established a new social media team
I would love to discuss my ideas for expanding the Refuel Creative brand and increasing your profits. Please feel free to contact me with a time and date that would best suit your schedule.
P.S. I’d like to tell you about my plans to increase client traffic to your website by 80%.
Marketing Manager | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., San Francisco, CA 94102
April 13, 2021
Dear Mr. Richards,
My master’s degree in marketing and 10 years of experience in various marketing roles have made me well-prepared to take on the position of Marketing Manager at California Aid. My ability to lead large teams and keep key initiatives on track with my project management skills will allow me to help California Aid further its mission.
One thing about California Aid that impresses me is the company’s commitment to adopting new marketing technology. I am known for quickly learning new skills, and I feel I would be able to master any platforms or products utilized in this role.
Some of my most notable contributions to my previous employers include:
- Achieving the goal of having over 75% of the marketing department certified in Google Analytics
- Developing an internship program that transitioned over 50 interns into full-time employees
- Implementing cross-functional workflows to increase interdepartmental communication
As you can see, I am a high-quality candidate who would flourish in the role of Marketing Manager at California Aid. I welcome the chance to speak with you more about my qualifications.
P.S. I am an active member of the American Marketing Association.
Marketing Manager Cover Letter Checklist
Effective cover letters for marketing managers should include five elements:
1. Heading. Use a stylized template to help highlight your basic information. Your heading should include:
- Your name, job title, and contact info
- The date of application
- The hiring manager’s details
2. Salutation. It’s best to address the hiring manager by name, such as Mr. or Ms. [last name]. Use the greeting “Dear Hiring Manager” if you’re unable to find the hiring manager’s name.
3. Introduction. Use this element to introduce yourself and express your interest in the job. This should be unique and attention-grabbing.
4. Body paragraphs. Include your relevant professional experience, skills, education, and accomplishments. Emphasize important points and make your cover letter more visually appealing by writing your details in bullet points.
5. Closing section. The conclusion is the call to action for the hiring manager to invite you for an interview. For a bonus opportunity to highlight your qualifications, add a postscript with a notable achievement.
The introduction section of your cover letter is your opportunity to make a compelling first impression on the hiring manager. Express your interest in the job and introduce yourself in a distinctive way. To do this, select an impressive achievement from your resume and weave it into your introduction. Be detailed and use quantifiable terms when describing your achievement. This helps the hiring manager have a better comprehension of your skills and experience and, therefore, a better idea of how you might contribute to the organization.
As an expert in corporate marketing, I developed and led campaigns to generate 30% more than forecasted revenue. I hope to bring my drive for sales to the team at Techtron.
As a marketing manager with five years of experience, I’m qualified for the position of marketing manager.
Use the body paragraphs of your cover letter to provide details about your interest in the marketing manager job. The first paragraph of this section should explain why you’re interested in this particular role and why the organization is a good fit for you.
In the second paragraph, discuss your qualifications and how you can contribute to the organization. Use bullet points here to break up walls of text and make your cover letter more visually appealing. You may include details about your accomplishments, such as education, career progression, or any successful projects you’d led or contributed to. For each bullet point, include a positive outcome. Each accomplishment should be described in quantifiable terms so that hiring managers have a better concept of your skills and experience.
As a marketing manager with over eight years of experience specializing in electronics, I’m excited for the opportunity to contribute to Techtron’s commitment to innovative and competitive products.
My previous accomplishments include:
- Developed and led the launch of 10 unique products, creating marketing campaigns to generate over $4 million in new sales
- Researched and analyzed market trends to identify opportunities, resulting in 25% revenue growth over previous years
- Recruited, trained, and managed over 25 marketing specialists, exceeding sales by 30% over the previous three years
- Practiced cost-effective marketing strategies and negotiated with vendors to improve marketing budget margins by 20% annually
As a marketing manager with over eight years of experience, I meet the indicated requirements for the job.
My previous responsibilities include:
- Developed marketing campaigns and led the launch of new products
- Researched and analyzed market trends to identify opportunities
- Recruited, trained, and managed marketing specialists
- Practice cost-effective marketing strategies and negotiated with vendors
Simply thanking the hiring manager for their time and consideration may cause them to dismiss your application too easily. Instead, make a call to action and directly request an interview to show that you’re ready to pursue the next step of your application.
You can also add a postscript with a final relevant accomplishment beneath your closing signature. This strategy can help you to bring the hiring manager’s attention to your qualifications, emphasizing your strength as a job candidate and leaving a lasting final impression.
I’d like to schedule a time to discuss how my qualifications can benefit Techtron’s reputation for innovative and futuristic technology. Please contact me with a date and time for an interview that works best for your schedule.
P.S. I’d love to tell you how I won an award for my success as a corporate marketing manager!
I hope to discuss my qualifications with you and learn more about the available role. Thank you for your time and consideration.