Marketing assistants play a critical role in the execution of marketing campaigns for products and services. According to Indeed.com, the average salary for this type of position was $16.40 per hour in 2021. These roles can help drive your career growth into lucrative jobs in the future, such as a marketing specialist, which carries a median income of $70,370 per year. You’ll need a strong resume highlighting your key qualifications and career achievements to differentiate yourself from the competition. Crafting a compelling document will play a critical role in accelerating your marketing career. Below, you’ll find three examples for marketing assistant resumes.
Marketing Assistant Cover Letter Checklist
A great marketing assistant cover letter has five main elements:
1. Heading. Use a stylized template to help your information stand out. Be sure to include the following pieces of information in your heading:
- Your name, title, and contact info
- The date you sent the letter
- The addressee’s details
2. Salutation. Greet the hiring manager by Mr. or Ms. [Last Name]. If you can’t find the hiring manager’s name, use “Dear Hiring Manager” instead.
3. Introduction. Develop a strong introduction to grab the hiring manager’s eye. This paragraph should lead with a strong accomplishment for your career that can be quantified with a powerful metric or monetary figure. Provide insights into how your experience aligns with the organization’s needs.
4. Body paragraphs. The following sections should continue to feature your professional achievements and qualifications. Consider using a bulleted list to enhance the readability of your cover letter and break up the walls of text. You should also mention something about the company’s reputation or mission statement and how it resonates with you as a professional.
5. Closing section. To end your cover letter on a strong note, your closing paragraph should include a call to action for the hiring manager. Invite them to schedule an interview or contact you for additional information on your career. Don’t forget to thank them for their time in your final sentence.
Marketing Assistant Cover Letter Examples and Templates
Starting your paragraph with one of your most compelling career achievements is an excellent strategy for grabbing the reader’s attention. It would help if you chose an accomplishment that can be quantified in some way to showcase your ability to generate results. You can mention your years of experience here, but be careful not to feature too many generic job responsibilities. You want to differentiate yourself from the competition, and the best way to do that is by providing specific details that highlight your unique skill sets. Below, you’ll find an example to help you craft a strong introduction paragraph.
As a marketing assistant with years of experience, I know that I’m the right candidate for this job. I’ve supported countless marketing efforts during my time in the industry. I know that my work ethic will allow me to succeed in this job role.
Continue to reinforce how your experience can drive the organization’s success in the subsequent paragraphs. Provide more examples of you supporting successful campaigns or improving social media engagement. Numbers are key here, as providing standard job responsibilities won’t make a lasting impression on the reader. Consider using a list of bullet points to help your achievements stand out on the page.
It’s also important to write a sentence that details how the company’s reputation or mission aligns with your experience. However, don’t spend all of the time talking about the organization, as you want to keep the reader focused on how your accomplishments can help them achieve their long-term objectives. Below, you’ll find an example to aid you in crafting strong body paragraphs for your cover letter.
With over five years of marketing experience, I believe that my expertise in social media marketing and lead generation can help Syracuse Vegan Delights expand its customer base. Your company’s mission to deliver environmentally sustainable food products draws me to apply for the marketing assistant role.
- Supported social media campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram to grow online presence for a food and beverage chain, resulting in a 300% increase in social media engagement across all channels
- Coordinated cross-functionally with sales and marketing teams to enhance campaign execution, which improved efficiency by 30%
- Developed marketing copy for social media initiatives to provide sales and coupons to consumers, which drove a 400% increase in impressions
I am excited about the opportunity to work with your company and further my marketing career. I believe that your organization will allow me to grow as a professional. I believe my track record makes me a qualified candidate for this role.
- Supporting social media campaigns for the business to gain new followers
- Writing marketing copy and materials for initiatives
- Working with various teams to make campaigns more effective and efficient
Include a call to action in your final paragraph to provide a next step for the reader. Inviting the hiring manager to schedule an interview demonstrates your confidence and interest in the role. Use this opportunity to highlight further how your experience can be an asset to their organization. Don’t forget to thank the hiring manager for their time in the final sentence. This demonstrates that you’re a polite and considerate professional in your business communications. Below, you’ll find an example to help you create a strong closing paragraph.
I look forward to scheduling an interview to provide more insights into how my product marketing skills can accelerate the growth of Syracuse Vegan Delights. You may contact me at your earliest convenience via phone or email for any additional questions you might have. I appreciate your time and consideration.
I am excited about the opportunity to join your team. I have long had an interest in your company and am enthusiastic to discuss the role with you. Thanks for taking the time to consider me.
Marketing Assistant Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
- Example #1
- Example #2
- Example #3
Marketing Assistant | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., New York, NY 12345
January 1, 2022
Brooklyn Marketing Inc.
Dear Mr. Smith,
With over four years of experience within the marketing industry, I’ve developed expertise in strategy development for digital marketing campaigns. During my time at Manhattan Marketing Partners, I collaborated with the senior marketing manager to execute over 20 digital campaigns for client accounts ranging from $100K to $400K. I believe that I can leverage this experience to aid your organization in the marketing assistant position.
Brooklyn Marketing Inc.’s reputation for customer success strongly aligns with my professional background. I am confident that I can make valuable contributions to your marketing operations based on the following achievements from my career:
- Collaborated with product marketing specialists and the senior marketing manager to develop and execute digital marketing campaigns for new product launches, which enhanced brand awareness across target audiences and improved product sales by 50% to 70%
- Crafted marketing copy for email blasts to over 30K subscribers, created blog posts for the company website, and coordinated with the team to refine brand messaging
- Conducted competitive analysis and provided recommendations to refine campaign strategy
I would like to schedule an interview to provide more insights into how my digital marketing experience can drive customer success for your clients. You may contact me via phone or email at your convenience.
Craft your perfect resume in minutes
Get 2x more interviews with Resume Builder. Access Pro Plan features for a limited time!