How To Write a Housekeeper Resume
Crafting an effective resume is critical to landing your desired housekeeping job. It’s your first impression with potential employers and should showcase your accomplishments and skills, such as sanitation, ensuring compliance, and managing teams. This guide will show you how to write a standout housekeeper resume that highlights your unique qualifications and sets you apart from other candidates. We’ll share housekeeper resume examples and offer practical tips to craft an engaging document to catch the eye of hiring managers and get you that interview.
1. Write a dynamic profile summarizing your housekeeper qualifications
Your profile should present your most relevant housekeeping skills and experiences to capture the attention of hiring managers right away. Start by identifying your unique selling points, such as your attention to detail, time-management skills, and ability to work independently. Consider mentioning the number of years you’ve worked in the industry or a special certification you’ve earned. Tailor your profile to the specific job you’re applying for by including keywords from the job description. Keep it simple and easy to read, using two to three sentences to summarize your most essential qualifications.
Senior-Level Profile Example
An executive housekeeper with over 10 years of experience managing diverse housekeeping teams and delivering quality cleaning services for five-star hotels and resorts. A strong history of leading initiatives to enhance workflows, improve guest services, and achieve the highest level of cleaning standards.
Entry-Level Profile Example
A professional housekeeper with entry-level experience specializing in residential house cleaning, relationship building, communication, and sanitation. Adept at performing cleaning projects for clients, organizing furniture, and maintaining a clean and welcoming environment.
2. Add a compelling section featuring your housekeeper experience
Organize your professional experience section into bullet points, beginning each sentence with an action verb (e.g., cleaned, inspected, supervised). Focus on quantifiable achievements instead of simply listing your job duties, using specific details and metrics to showcase your impact. For instance, you could mention how you reduced cleaning time by a certain percentage or successfully managed a team of housekeepers. Remember to use industry-specific language and include any relevant skills or knowledge you utilized to achieve these accomplishments.
Senior-Level Professional Experience Example
Executive Housekeeper, Holiday Resort, Riverside, CA
April 2012 – present
- Manage, hire, and train a team of 30 housekeepers for a 450-room, world-class resort, define workflows, evaluate performance, and lead initiatives to enhance guest response times and improve efficiency, resulting in a 96% satisfaction rating on exit surveys
- Ensure compliance with quality standards for all cleaning projects and coordinate with front desk teams to achieve a three-minute response time for guest issues
- Implement cleaning methods for resort ballrooms, conference rooms, and the grand lobby, and ensure safe polishing of crystal chandeliers and decor
Entry-Level Professional Experience Example
Housekeeper, Las Cruces Maid Service, Las Cruces, NM
October 2021 – present
- Deliver residential cleaning services to over 50 homes, ensure compliance with quality standards and safety protocols for cleaning solutions, and achieve a 91% customer satisfaction rating
- Organize furniture, laundry, and home appliances in alignment with client specifications, perform deep cleaning of floors, walls, and surfaces, and build long-term client relationships
- Utilize appropriate cleaning solutions to prevent damage to materials, ensure compliance with safety standards, and achieve a 95% on-time completion rate
3. Include education and certifications relevant to housekeepers
Demonstrate your knowledge and training by providing an educational background. In your education section, include any relevant degrees or coursework you’ve completed. Start with your highest level of education and list the degree title, name and location of the institution, and the dates attended. Also, consider including relevant continuing education programs or workshops you’ve completed. If applicable, create a certification section and list any certificates or licenses you hold, including the issuing organization and the date earned.
- [Degree Name]
- [School Name], [City, State Abbreviation] [Dates Enrolled]
- High School Diploma
- New Mexico Central High School, Albuquerque, NM August 2016 – May 2020
- [Certification Name], [Awarding Organization], [Completion Year]
- Certified Executive Housekeeper, Hampton Inn & Suites, 2022
4. List key housekeeper skills and proficiencies
A key skills section is a crucial part of any housekeeper resume, providing an at-a-glance summary of your top abilities and areas of expertise. Managers are looking for specific skills during the hiring process, and giving them a simple bulleted list makes their job easier. When writing this section, focus on your most relevant skills for the position you’re applying for. Here’s a list of housekeeping skills to get you started:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies
|Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
|Residential house cleaner
How To Pick the Best Housekeeper Resume Template
Choosing the right template is an important first step in writing your resume. The best resume template for a housekeeper is clean and well-organized, highlighting your most relevant professional accomplishments and key skills. Readers should be drawn to the text of your resume, so stick with a template that isn’t too flashy. Opt for a design that’s simple and easy to read with plenty of white space. Hiring managers should be able to skim your resume and get a good idea of what you offer.
Housekeeper Text-Only Resume Templates and Examples
321 Main Street, Pflugerville, TX 12345
An executive housekeeper with eight years of experience delivering quality cleaning services and managing housekeeping teams for five-star hotels. A proven track record of identifying opportunities to enhance operational workflows and improve guest satisfaction scores.
Executive Housekeeper, River Run Hotel, San Antonio, TX
January 2016 – present
- Manage a team of 12 housekeepers to efficiently clean suites in a 250-room, 5-star hotel, coordinate with the front desk to resolve guest issues, and contribute to a 98% guest satisfaction rating
- Implement new operational workflows and schedules to reduce completion time for cleaning assignments by eight minutes per room while maintaining five-star quality standards
- Identify opportunities to reduce cleaning waste and lead the implementation of green cleaning solutions to minimize safety risks and support the hotel’s reputation as an environmentally conscious organization
Housekeeper, Best Housekeepers, San Antonio, TX
January 2014 – December 2015
- Achieved a promotion from housekeeper to head housekeeper in 100-room hotel within the first four months by providing impeccable service to guests and completing assignments ahead of schedule
- Cleaned 20 rooms per shift, sanitized bathrooms, living rooms, kitchenettes, and surfaces in guest suites, polished furnishings, and ensured compliance with hotel quality standards
- Improved bed-making practices, added artfully folded towels to enhance room presentation, which contributed to a 10% increase in guest satisfaction scores
Housekeeping Certificate Course
International Housekeepers Association, December 2012 – December 2013
High School Diploma, 3.8 GPA
One Town High School, San Antonio, TX August 2008 – May 2012
- Commercial cleaning
- Customer service
- Deep cleaning
- Furniture and upholstery cleaning
- Certified Executive Housekeeper
Frequently Asked Questions: Housekeeper Resume Examples and Advice
What are common action verbs for housekeeper resumes?-
When filling out the professional experience section of your resume, it can be challenging to generate a variety of action verbs. Accurately portray your previous responsibilities without sounding redundant or generic. The list below will give you plenty of dynamic action verbs to present your housekeeping work history.
How do you align your resume with a job description?-
Experts project that the housekeeping industry will add over 116,000 new jobs within the next decade, growing at a faster-than-average rate of 9%. Stand out in the crowd of applicants attempting to meet this demand by taking a strategic writing approach. Aim to meet the needs of potential employers by tailoring your resume to match the specific requirements of the position you’re applying for. This strategy presents you as the ideal candidate for the job and shows your investment in the company and its needs.
What is the best housekeeper resume format?-
A chronological resume like the ones we’ve provided in our housekeeper resume examples above is the best choice for applicants with an uninterrupted work history. This format makes your professional experience section the main focus of the document, demonstrating your commitment and depth of expertise in the industry. Consider using a functional design if you have less experience or would rather highlight your skill set. Choose the format that best presents your housekeeping experience, skills, and training.
Craft your perfect resume in minutes
Get 2x more interviews with Resume Builder. Access Pro Plan features for a limited time!
Increase your chances of securing an interview with a well-crafted cover letter. The most effective way to write an engaging cover letter is to customize your document for each company you apply to. To learn more, check out our how-to guide for writing cover letters. For examples of cover letters, see our janitor cover letter guide or other cover letter guides within the restaurant and hospitality industry.