Commercial Construction Superintendent Resume Examples
Years of Experience
8041 Renault St, Biloxi, MI 70983
Commercial construction worker with extensive experience. Knowledge of construction management fundamentals backed by an associate’s degree in construction management technology. Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Project planning
- Cost estimating
- Work safety
Associate’s Degree in Construction Management Technology
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Biloxi, MI, September 2019 – June 2021
General Laborer, Star City Development, Biloxi, MI
June 2017 – Present
- Collaborate with project managers and other laborers to build structures safely and efficiently
- Collect and dispose of work site debris
- Direct traffic away from hazardous locations as needed
- Assist project managers with determining accurate measurements and cost estimates for upcoming projects
1785 Wexler Rd, Fort Lee, NJ 83403
Construction manager with experience supervising the building of large-scale commercial projects, including grocery stores, warehouses, and fulfillment centers. Provides in-depth knowledge of management techniques, construction technology, and building codes. Proven track record of ensuring that projects are completed safely, on time, and on budget.
- Project management
- Client relations
Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, September 2015 – June 2019
Project Supervisor, Garden State Solutions, Fort Lee, NJ
September 2019 – Present
- Use Procore platform to supervise day-to-day activities and ensure that projects are being built according to blueprint specifications
- Hire subcontractors and manage daily work logs
- Schedule and attend all required inspections
- Meet with clients to share project updates and collaborate on any issues that must be addressed
829 Rockaway Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 92073
Construction superintendent specializing in commercial projects. More than eight years of experience with hiring subcontractors, overseeing work sites, and maintaining compliance with safety regulations. Able to fully manage financial as well as technical aspects of construction projects.
Construction Superintendent, Lancaster Group, Jacksonville, FL
July 2016 – Present
- Use eSUB software to manage subcontractors and assess performance
- Track expenses and control spending in order to meet construction budgets
- Manage and deploy equipment and materials to work sites as needed
- Generate reports regarding work progress and productivity
Project Manager, Wesson Construction Co, Orlando, FL
October 2013 – July 2016
- Directed activities and coordinated schedules for a team of 50+ construction workers
- Held weekly OSHA review and safety techniques meeting with each work crew
- Generated and submitted Scope of Work documents for project proposals
- Communicated policy changes from front office management to field personnel
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management Technology
University Of Central Florida Orlando, FL, September 2009 – June 2013
- Recruitment and hiring
- Financial management
- Equipment management
- Analytics and reporting
- Certified Construction Manager, Construction Management Association of America, 2015
9017 Bluejay Ln, Gary, IN 50696
Highly skilled construction superintendent with a private sector background. Construction management skills backed by degrees in project management and construction technology as well as multiple certifications. Experienced with software solutions that are commonly used to assist with construction projects, including Procore, BuilderTREND, and STACK Estimating.
Project Supervisor, Industrial Steel, Gary, IN
March 2013 – Present
- Review blueprints and other job specs pre-construction
- Create and manage project schedules
- Observe job sites and provide direction to construction workers
- Ensure compliance with OSHA as well as local and state safety regulations
Construction Manager, Maya Construction Group, Chicago, IL
February 2003 – December 2012
- Oversaw the construction of up to 75 homes at a time
- Performed daily work inspections and instructed personnel as needed
- Led weekly meetings with foremen and communicated information to management
- Over 90% of projects completed under budget
MBA in Project Management
University Of Illinois Chicago, IL, September 2000 – June 2002
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Technology
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, IL, September 1996 – June 2000
- Project management
- STACK Estimating
- Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute, 2016
- Certified Construction Manager, Construction Management Association of America, 2013
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Commercial Construction Superintendent Resumes
Before a hiring manager even takes one glance at your resume, it will probably be run through the employer’s application tracking system (ATS) software along with all the other resumes that have been submitted for the job. And if their ATS platform determines that your resume doesn’t quite match what the employer is looking for, the hiring manager might not look at your resume at all. This software essentially works as a gatekeeper, scanning through your resume and ensuring that the keywords most important to the employer are included. By including the following ATS-friendly keywords and action verbs in your resume, you should have no problem getting past this automated stage of the hiring process.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Project management||Project planning|
Tips for Writing a Better Commercial Construction Superintendent Resume
Quantify your construction management experience
Generally, numbers are much more effective than words when it comes to impressing employers. You’ll need to use words, of course, to give the hiring manager a sense of your background and describe your responsibilities at previous jobs. But once they’re aware of what you did at those previous jobs, how are they supposed to know if you did it well? Providing specific figures regarding your job performance will help persuade prospective employers that you actually know what you’re doing.
Projects were consistently completed on schedule.
Managed large team of laborers.
Be specific about your experience
Precision is important in construction management. Making mistakes while using a company’s equipment or software can cause a huge amount of damage. Almost following regulations can result in the same penalties as not following them at all. In order to make sure you’re the right fit for the position, employers will want to confirm that you have experience with the exact tools and building codes that you’ll need to know on the job.
Ensured that the company was complying with safety regulations.
Manage documents related to construction projects.
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
There are two opposing concepts that you must consider when writing your resume. On one hand, it’s important to include information about your experience and skill set that’s relevant to the job you’re applying to. But at the same time, you don’t want to include too much information, as hiring managers may have dozens or even hundreds of resumes that they need to review in order to fill an open position. They’re not going to have time to read through walls of text just to find out if you’re a good candidate. In most cases, they will quickly move on to the next option if you don’t immediately catch their attention.
Prioritization is often necessary. If you have more than a few years of experience to cover in your resume, you may need to leave out some details for the sake of concision. To decide what’s worth including and what can be left out, we recommend that you carefully review the job description. This will show you exactly what the employer is looking for and you can use this information to make your resume stand out as the perfect match for the job. In the exercise below, we’ll take you through how to utilize this resume writing technique.
Example Commercial Construction Superintendent Job Description
We are looking for an experienced construction superintendent to join our team. Overall, you will be expected to complete assigned projects on schedule and within the planned budget. Must have experience with resort and hotel construction.
- Reviewing blueprints and project specs prior to the start of construction
- Hiring subcontractors, creating schedules, and resolving scheduling conflicts
- Inspecting job sites and ensuring that OSHA standards are being followed
- Providing progress update reports to upper management
- Bachelor’s degree in construction technology, project management, or similar field
- Experience with supervising the construction of resorts, hotels, or similar structures
- Familiarity with the Procore and BuilderTREND software platforms
- Strong time management and communication skills
According to this job description example, the employer’s ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Resort and hotel construction experience
- Meeting planned schedule and budget goals
- Reviewing blueprints and project specs
- Hiring subcontractors
- Scheduling subcontractors
- OSHA compliance
To improve your resume, simply make sure that such keywords are prominently featured. For example, the work experience entry below shows how you can fit several of these keywords into just a few lines of text:
Commercial Construction Superintendent Work Experience Example
District Construction Co, May 2015 – July 2019
- Used Procore to track day-to-day activities, manage schedules, and generate reports
- Reviewed blueprints to ensure there were no measuring errors or other issues before construction
- Held regular meetings with foremen and laborers to review OSHA regulations and ensure compliance
- Over 95% of projects completed under budget