Truck Driver Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Truck driver | [email protected] | (343) 343-3434 | 123 Address St., San Antonio, TX 78006
June 9, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
United Transport Service
Dear Ms. Harlow,
I drove an average of 2,500 miles weekly with DW Trucking for the past 2.5 years to reach 100% customer satisfaction while still adhering to break requirements. After reading about United Trucking Service’s well-established reputation, I feel like I’m the perfect fit for this position with my dedication to customer satisfaction and strong work ethic.
I’m anticipating even more success and improving customer relations even more once I’m part of the United Transport Team. Some of my most noteworthy accomplishments as a truck driver include:
- Maintaining a 100% clean driving record through the course of my career
- Receiving a 99% customer satisfaction rating on two annual assessments
- Adhering to all company and DOT regulations
I’m interested in setting up an interview at your earliest convenience, so we can further discuss my skills and experience and how they correlate with United Transport Service’s mission and values. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions or would like to discuss a date and time that works with your schedule.
P.S. I’m excited to tell you about how I was commended by my superiors five times in the last year.
Lead truck driver | [email protected] | (565) 565-5656 | 123 Address St., Flagstaff, AZ 86001
June 9, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Norland Trucking Inc.
Dear Ms. Williams,
Maintaining a record for 0 accidents in the last nine years is a key attribute of mine. I plan to continue this record and bring so much more to the table at Norland Trucking Inc. with my knowledge and skill in road safety and attention to detail,
I felt like this job aligned with my goals after reading your mission statement and remarkable record. As lead truck driver, I’ve trained more than 20 drivers on safety standards while maintaining a 98% customer satisfaction score on all my reviews for six years straight.
I strongly believe I can enhance Norland’s reputation even further. Some of my previous successes include:
- Creating schedules to accommodate the demands of the company while increasing efficiency
- Adhering to all guidelines set forth by the company and DOT
- Driving around 3,000 miles each week with a perfect attendance record for six consecutive years
I’d love to schedule an interview to discuss how my management and trucking skills can increase productivity while maintaining Norland’s solid reputation. Please contact me and let me know a time that works for you.
P.S. Wait until you hear about my record for breakdowns due to strict compliance with inspection protocol!
Truck Driver | [email protected] | (123) 456 -7890 | 123 Main Street, Pittsburgh, PA 12345
January 1, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
(987) 654 -3210
Dear Mr. Martins,
I have over 15 years of experience as a professional truck driver hauling volatile and non-volatile products. I have a safe driving record with zero accidents and no tickets or driving violations of any kind.
I am able to carry out basic maintenance and repairs on trucks, and I have extensive knowledge of trailer and truck safety regulations. I believe that I would be an excellent addition to your long-haul driver team at CBS Trucking.
Some of my career highlights include:
- Driving trucks for three seasons on the Alaska ice roads
- Training new drivers on the basics of truck maintenance
- Assisting in creating a new driver schedule that reduced the downtime for trucks by 27%
- Winning the employee of the year award in 2016, 2018, and 2019
I would welcome the chance to meet you so that we can discuss my qualifications and skills and how they relate to your requirements for a long-haul volatile liquids driver. Please feel free to contact me with a time and date that suits your schedule.
P.S. I would love to tell you about my truck safety check plan!
Truck Driver Cover Letter Checklist
There are five main elements that make up a strong truck driver cover letter:
1. Heading. This section details your name, title, and contact information, as well as the addressee’s details and the date the letter was written. A professional template ensures it’s clear and easy to understand.
2. Salutation. Best practice is to greet the hiring manager by name, using Mr. or Ms. and their last name. If you can’t find this information, “Dear Hiring Manager” is a good alternative.
3. Introduction. The first paragraph needs to capture the hiring manager’s interest while also introducing yourself and your interest in the job.
4. Body paragraphs. These two paragraphs are where you detail your professional skills, experience, and education. Make sure everything you include is relevant to the position, and consider adding a bulleted list to break up blocks of text.
5. Closing section. Ask the hiring manager to take action by inviting you for an interview. Consider adding a postscript to highlight one final achievement and leave a lasting impression.
Your introductory paragraph should capture the hiring manager’s interest so that they continue to read your application. It also needs to introduce yourself and demonstrate your interest in the position. The best way to do this is by choosing one of your top achievements and building your introduction around it. Pick something that’s quantifiable and relevant to the job, and avoid generic facts, like the number of years you’ve been driving.
My name is Elina Morales and I’m writing to express my interest in the truck driver position you recently advertised. I have a Class A CDL license and five years of experience driving trucks and I believe I would be a good fit for the position.
Start the body of your cover letter by expressing your admiration for the organization that’s hiring. You should also emphasize your interest in the position. Mention specific details so that the hiring manager knows you’ve researched the company.
In the next paragraph, detail the professional experience, education, and certifications that you have that are relevant to the position. Try to choose accomplishments that can be quantified and include positive outcomes so that the hiring manager gets a clear picture of the success you can bring to the job. Make sure that the achievements you choose demonstrate how you can fulfill the company’s needs.
With five years of experience driving trucks, I’m drawn to Arrow Logistics’ reputation for using innovative technology to help drivers achieve targets safely. Arrow’s emphasis on customer satisfaction is the ideal fit for my efficient working style.
I’m looking forward to helping Arrow Logistics’ team continue to achieve success. My past successes include:
- Achieving a 98% customer satisfaction rating by establishing rapport and trust with customers
- Using GPS equipment to determine the most efficient routes, leading to an average 11% decrease in delivery times
- Prioritizing routine maintenance, resulting in a 23% decrease in downtime for major repairs
You advertised that you’re seeking someone with at least five years of experience with heavy trucks. I have been driving heavy trucks for a little over five years and would love the opportunity to drive for Arrow Logistics.
My current responsibilities include:
- Helping load and unload cargo and driving loads across the country to the correct destination
- Completing driver, route, and gas logs
- Interacting with customers to ensure goods are delivered on time and communicating any delays
Your closing paragraph needs to encourage the hiring manager to take the next step by inviting you for an interview. If you just thank them for their time and attention, you’re missing an opportunity.
Consider adding a postscript that features one final accomplishment. This strategy draws the hiring manager’s eye and leaves them with a lasting impression. This doesn’t need to be strictly work-related. If you’ve won an award or done volunteer work, this is a good place to include it. Just make sure the accomplishment is relevant to the job.
I’d like the opportunity to discuss how my skills and experience can help Arrow Logistics continue to grow its reputation for safe and punctual delivery. Please don’t hesitate to contact me to arrange an interview at a time that suits your schedule.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about my experience organizing a convoy of 20 trucks to deliver hay to drought-stricken areas of Texas.
Thank you for taking the time to consider my application. If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact me.