Teacher Cover Letter and Resume Example (Text Form)
Facts About This Resume:
- Candidate has 4 consecutive years of experience as a 3rd grade teacher.
- Candidate has a B.A. in Elementary Education.
- Candidate performed demonstration teaching in the district.
Click on the tabs to toggle between the example Resume and example Cover Letter
- Resume Example
- Cover Letter Example
123 Your Street, Chicago, IL 12345
Elementary school teacher with 4 years of experience in a general education setting with 15 to 20 students per year. Completed demonstration in the Rockthorne district after completing a B.A. in Elementary Education with a Special Education K-12 certificate. Seeking a position teaching special education students in the SELF program.
EducationRolling Meadow College, Chicago, IL
Bachelors of Arts in Elementary Education
September 2011 — June 2015
Professional ExperienceJimmy J. McDonald Elementary School, Chicago, IL
Third Grade Teacher, September 2015 — PRESENT
- Create lesson plans for English, Science, Social Studies and Math based on state curriculum objectives
- Foster a positive learning environment for students of all abilities by tailoring lessons toward different personalities and needs
- Provide weekly updates for parents in Bloomz and distribute a monthly newsletter about school and district events
- Host weekly German club meetings for grades 3 to 5 and provide before-school tutoring sessions for at-risk students twice a week
- Track goals for students on IEPs and 504 plans and update staff and guardians about academic progress at least once per quarter
Teacher-in-Training, September 2014 — June 2015
- Completed state-mandated demonstration teaching in Mrs. Robert's second grade class
- Created and executed lesson plans for a class of 17 students
- Prepared students for district and state tests
- Communicated with parents about students' progress and concerns
- Graded exams and entered results into the district's online portal
- Classroom Management
- Completed Demonstration Teaching in the Rockthorne District
- Lesson Planning
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Patient and Compassionate
- Illinois Teacher Certification
- Special Education K-12 Certificate
Dear [School Administrator],
My name is Sarah Jensen, and I am interested in teaching special education as a team member for the SELF program at Rockthorne Elementary. As a current third grade teacher, I am passionate about educating elementary school students, and I hold a B.A. in elementary education. I currently teach at Jimmy J. McDonald Elementary School, but I performed my demonstration teaching at Rockthorne Elementary during the 2014-2015 school year. No teaching positions were available at that time, so I'm excited to see that you currently have an opening in the SELF program.
I'm certified to teach special education in Illinois, and I have 4 years of experience creating and implementing IEP and 504 plan goals. I enjoy working with children of all abilities, and I believe every child can make significant educational progress with the right support. When I create lesson plans, I combine strategies geared toward multiple learning types so that every student can grasp essential concepts.
I would love to become part of the Rockthorne team and am available to discuss this opportunity at your earliest convenience. Please review my attached resume and let me know if you have any questions. You can reach me via email at SarahJensen@youremailaddress.com or call me at (123) 456-7890. Thank you for your consideration.