Security Officer Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Security Officer | firstname.lastname@example.org | (901) 234-5678 | 54 My Road, Montpelier, VT 43210
March 12, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Central Vermont Medical Center
Dear Ms. Weston,
Reducing health and safety incidents in my patrol area by 89% last year was the most significant achievement of my working life. I believe that my vigilance and observational abilities allowed me to accomplish this crucial goal and hope to display similar qualities as a security officer at the Central Vermont Medical Center.
As a dedicated officer with 2+ years’ experience improving safety and security in public service buildings, the opportunity to apply my skills in a healthcare setting appeals to me. I believe that my recent accomplishments show that I can be an asset to your organization. These include:
- Responding promptly to 12 emergency incidents in 2020 and providing essential first aid on five occasions
- Receiving glowing praise during my annual review for my sound judgment and appropriate use of force during security incidents
- Reducing my organization’s losses by 32% in collaboration with teammates through the use of loss prevention best practices
I hope to meet to discuss how my personal attributes and experience can help Central Vermont Medical Center continue to provide secure and safe services to its patients in 2021. I am available for an interview at your convenience.
P.S. I would love to explain why I was chosen to assist with staff training on de-escalation techniques last month.
Security Officer | [email protected] | (609) 999-1111 | 342 NE Broadway Blvd., Trenton, NJ 08650
January 1, 2021
Securitas Security Services USA
Dear Ms. Baker-Price,
I have earned several commendations for diffusing tense situations, meticulous record-keeping, and busting a major theft ring in my extensive experience of surveilling shopping centers and warehouses. In response to your recent job posting, I am eager to offer professional, dependable service to Securitas Security Services USA as a SORA-certified Security Officer.
During my seven years of spotless security work, my employers have formally recognized me for multiple accomplishments, including these:
- My excellent health and physical fitness enabled me to detain a burglar without firearms until law enforcement arrived on the scene.
- My level headedness helped bring calm and order to a bomb threat situation.
- My strong written communications skills and familiarity with security software have contributed to developing, implementing, and tracking innovative theft-prevention strategies.
I welcome the opportunity to discuss the benefits my security expertise and dedication to excellent customer service can bring to Securitas. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to set up an interview.
P.S. – I’d be happy to share how my sleuthing skills helped me uncover a warehouse employee’s plot to stage a break-in.
Transportation Security Officer | [email protected] | (678) 901-2345 | 435 First Road, Idaho Falls, ID 10987
March 17, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Department of Homeland Security
Dear Ms. Akhtar,
Last year, I detected a severe security threat and acted swiftly to protect the public and company property. My managers stated that my outstanding response and sound judgment directly averted a potentially catastrophic event. I hope to apply the same rapid assessment skills in the Master Transportation Security Officer role at the Department of Homeland Security.
As a seasoned officer with over 12 years’ experience enhancing security in high-stakes situations at busy airports, the opportunity to use my skills and expertise to train new officers for your organization excites me. My achievements in 2020 show that I have the specialist knowledge and mentorship ability to become an effective leader. These include:
- Training five new hires to check passengers and baggage for hazardous items using screening equipment
- Receiving praise during my annual review for the proportionate use of force and tasers to quickly deal with security emergencies
- Supervising a team of six officers to detect 100% of dangerous objects during routine spot checks
I look forward to discussing how my thorough understanding of airport security procedures can help the Department of Homeland Security ensure public safety in 2021. Please get in contact to schedule a convenient interview.
P.S. I would love to explain why I was selected for promotion in 2020.
Security Officer Cover Letter Checklist
Your security officer cover letter should include five main elements:
1. Heading. Make this information stand out by using a stylized heading. You should include the following information:
- Your name, job title, and contact info
- The date of application
- The recipient’s details
2. Salutation. Greet the hiring manager by name, such as Mr. or Ms. [last name]. If you can’t find the hiring manager’s name, use the greeting “Dear Hiring Manager” instead.
3. Introduction. Introduce yourself and express your interest in the role in a distinctive way.
4. Body paragraphs. You should write two paragraphs that demonstrate your qualifications. Include your relevant professional experience, skills, education, and accomplishments. Highlight important points and make your resume more attractive by writing your details in bullet point form.
5. Closing section. Your conclusion is essentially a call to action. Directly request a meeting or interview with the hiring manager. For a bonus opportunity to highlight your qualifications, add a postscript with a notable achievement.
The introduction of your cover letter is where you introduce yourself to the hiring manager and express your interest in the security officer job. To make a strong first impression, include an impressive achievement from your resume. Make sure to describe this achievement in quantifiable terms so the hiring manager can see how it matches the skills and experience required for the job. Be detailed in the description of your qualifications.
As a security officer with five years of experience, I meet the qualifications for the available job with Royal Security.
The first paragraph of this section should express your interest in the security officer position. Then, explain why working for this organization is appealing to you. Be specific in your explanation as to why you want this job and what makes you a good candidate.
In the second paragraph, describe your most relevant accomplishments. This may include educational degrees or certifications, career highlights, or any other successes or accomplishments you’ve contributed to or led. Pair each accomplishment with a positive outcome, and describe each in quantifiable terms. This helps the hiring manager understand the type and scope of your skills and experience.
I have over five years of experience as a security officer and a background in military operations. I hope to contribute my abilities to clients as a member of the impressive Shield Security team.
I’m interested in bringing my experience to Shield Security. My past accomplishments include:
- Monitored events and venues of over 5,000 people and contributed to the prevention of any major threats
- Trained and led security teams of up to 10 officers for high-profile clients, ensuring standardized security tactics
- Operated over 50 cameras and surveillance devices and identified any unauthorized individuals or activities
- Helped develop security strategies for events, successfully avoiding threats and preventing up to $6,000 in losses
The job description indicates that the security officer must have at least three years of experience. With five years of experience, I would be a great fit with Shield Security.
Some of my past responsibilities include:
- Monitored large events and venues
- Trained and led security teams for clients
- Operated cameras and surveillance equipment
- Helped develop security strategies for events
To make a final strong impression on the hiring manager, end your cover letter with a call to action to schedule an interview. Don’t simply thank the hiring manager for their time and consideration.
As a bonus, you can add a postscript that describes a final relevant success. This can help draw the eye of the hiring manager and get your resume noticed.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about how I was recognized with the “Heroic Acts” award in 2018!