Personal Assistant Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Communications Graduate | [email protected] | (876) 543-2109 | 975 Main Street, Wichita, KS 02468
April 12, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Bowen,
In my final year at Wichita State University, I received the highest score in my cohort for my Interpersonal Communication project. My professor praised my strong understanding of the crucial elements of communication in a professional environment and organized approach. I hope to demonstrate these skills as a personal assistant at Sharpline Converting.
As a diligent graduate with a talent for multitasking, Sharpline Converting’s reputation for detail-oriented organization appeals to me. My recent achievements show that I have the drive and attention to detail necessary to become an asset to your company. These include:
- Receiving praise 4x for strong written and verbal communication during academic assessment cycles
- Consistently achieving scores of 90% and above for coursework and examinations throughout my degree studies
- Organizing the schedules of two senior managers with 100% accuracy during my internship placement at Oasis Staffing
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch to arrange an interview to discuss how I can support executives at Sharpline Converting. I am available to meet at your convenience.
P.S. I would love to explain how I negotiated with vendors to reduce the cost of hotel bookings by 14% during my internship.
Personal Assistant | [email protected] | 765-432-1098 | 357 Main Boulevard, Fargo, ND 24680
April 21, 2021
Dear Mr. Lawrence,
Last year, I devised a new process for sorting and distributing incoming mail that improved communications efficiency by 43% and earned me the Employee of the Year award. I am excited to demonstrate my organizational and planning abilities as a personal assistant at HireRocket.
With 2+ years of experience providing outstanding administrative support and a reputation as a superb multitasker, I’m attracted to the fast-paced environment at HireRocket. I would relish the opportunity to support your company’s mission to innovate in the talent assessment industry. My recent achievements include:
- Collaborating with a team of three colleagues to negotiate favorable accommodation rates, slashing costs by an average of $25 per booking
- Meeting 100% of task deadlines while supporting up to four senior leaders simultaneously in 2020
- Implementing a new scheduling system that reduced calendar errors by 98% in a single month
Please contact me to schedule an interview at a time that’s convenient for you. I look forward to discussing how my talents and experience can help HireRocket achieve its targets in the future.
P.S. I would love to tell you why I was chosen to help onboard three new hires in March 2021.
Personal Assistant | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Number Ave., Washington, DC 20009
March 1, 2021
EEE Corporate Holdings
Dear Ms. Cecilson,
As the personal assistant to my current organization’s CFO, Shelly Shelbert, I am proud to say I have freed up many hours of her time each week while making the connections that let her thrive in her role. I hope for the opportunity to support your company’s CEO in a similar manner.
I have eight years of experience, during which time I have shown an attention to detail and high interpersonal skills combined with confidentiality and professionalism. Those traits have helped me achieve professional successes such as:
- Appointed to keep meeting minutes during executive-level strategy discussions
- Scheduled 17 international trips for Ms. Shelbert in the past calendar year alone
- Coordinated appointments between Ms. Shelbert and internal and external points of contact, including executives of partner organizations
I am drawn to EEE Corporate Holdings because of both your firm’s long history of success and your CEO’s reputation as an innovator. At your convenience, I’d be honored for the chance to speak with you regarding how I can support your CEO. I hope to hear from you soon.
Roberta Robertson, B.A.
P.S. Ms. Shelbert has called me a “miracle worker” on more than one occasion, and I’d love to discuss why!
Personal Assistant | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Main Street, Portland, OR 12345
January 1, 2021
Times Style Corporation
Dear Mr. Smith,
In my current role as a personal assistant to Mr. Taylor, CEO of ABC Technologies, I have acted as a gateway between him and his executives at all times, ensuring that he can focus on important tasks. Over the past year, I have increased Mr. Taylor’s productive time by 9%.
I have 15 years of experience as a personal assistant in the technology industry. Over the years, I have worked in local and international offices. I understand that you plan to move your office to Japan in the next few years to increase your global footprint. I have worked in Japan and speak Japanese fluently, which I believe will make me an asset to your team at Times Style Corporation.
Some of my career highlights include:
- Assisting in moving 15 executives and their families to Japan for two years
- Planning travel arrangements for 100 complete national and international trips for executives at ABC Technologies
- Boosting workplace efficiency by introducing 10-minute meeting limits across the company.
I would love to discuss how I can take the load off your shoulders as your new personal assistant.
P.S. I would love to discuss how I can lower your daily office costs.
Personal Assistant Cover Letter Checklist
Effective cover letters for personal assistants should include five main elements:
1. Heading. Use a stylized template to help emphasize your basic information. This should include:
- Your name, job title, and contact info
- The date of application
- The hiring manager’s details
2. Salutation. Address the hiring manager by name, such as Mr. or Ms. [last name]. Use the greeting “Dear Hiring Manager” if the hiring manager’s actual name is unavailable.
3. Introduction. Write a compelling opening paragraph that introduces yourself and expresses your interest in the position.
4. Body paragraphs. Include your relevant professional experience, skills, education, and accomplishments. Highlight important points and make your cover letter more attractive by writing your details in bullet points.
5. Closing section. The conclusion is the call to action for the hiring manager to invite you for an interview. Consider adding a postscript with one last impressive qualification or achievement to make a final impression on the hiring manager.
This section of your resume should introduce yourself in a distinctive way. It should also express your interest in the personal assistant job. Choose one exceptional qualification or success from your resume and highlight it by including it in your introduction. When describing this qualification, avoid using vague language and instead use measurable terms. This helps the hiring manager to get a better understanding and impression of your skills and abilities.
As a personal assistant with over five years of experience, I meet the required qualifications for the job with your organization.
The body paragraphs of your cover letter serve as a detailed explanation as to your interest and qualifications for the personal assistant role. In the first paragraph, discuss why you’re specifically interested in this job and why you’d like to work with the organization.
The second paragraph should provide details about your relevant accomplishments. These may include educational achievements, promotions, or any successful projects you’ve led or contributed to. With each accomplishment, use quantifiable terms and include a positive result to demonstrate the successful products of your efforts. Write these qualifications in bullet points to break up walls of texts and make your cover letter appear more attractive and easy to read.
Some of my previous successes include:
- Managed the schedules, errands, and appointments of seven members of the senior management team, saving an average of 80 hours each month
- Responsible for planning itineraries and arranging travel plans, successfully facilitating over 50 domestic and international trips
- Created and implemented organizational solutions for financial and other records, identifying financial discrepancies to save thousands of dollars
My previous responsibilities include:
- Managed the schedules, errands, and appointments for members of the senior management team
- Responsible for planning itineraries and arranging travel plans
- Created and implemented organizational solutions for various records
An effective cover letter should close with a call to action for the next step. Rather than simply thanking the hiring manager for their time, directly request an interview instead.
For bonus credit, include a postscript beneath your closing signature that highlights one more qualification or skill. Formatting your closing this way helps to break up text and get the hiring manager’s attention. When closing your cover letter, it’s essential to make this kind of lasting final impression.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about how I won employee of the month!