Medical Sales Resume Examples
Years of Experience
456 Main Street, Albany, NY 09876
A Medical Sales Representative with an academic background in surgical and laboratory equipment, specializing in client relations, upselling techniques, customer service, and communication. Adept at leveraging knowledge of medical terminology to increase sales revenue and build long-term client relationships.
Medical Sales Representative, Gentox Medical Services, Buffalo, NY
July 2019 – Present
- Deliver product demonstrations of skin grafting devices to prospects, physicians, and clinics, showcase benefits and features, and generate $300K in new sales revenue
- Manage the sales process from prospecting to close, serve as the point of contact for clients, build rapport and long-term relationships, and achieve an 85% client retention rate
- Prospect for new clients using professional networks, medical conferences, and events
Telesales Representative, MedDevice Solutions Inc., Buffalo, NY
September 2016 – May 2019
- Sold a variety of medical devices and laboratory equipment to healthcare organizations, achieve 120%-150% of annual sales quotas YOY, and upsold products to generate over $200K in new revenue
- Conducted cold calling and prospecting, qualified sales leads, communicated with potential clients, and delivered demonstrations on company products and healthcare solutions
- Medical Sales
- Biotech Instruments
- Client Relations
Bachelor of Science in Bioinstrumentation
UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY, STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, Albany, NY, September 2015 – June 2019
987 Third Street, Boston, MA 12345
A Medical Sales Representative with over six years of experience selling a variety of medical devices and healthcare solutions to clients in competitive sales environments. A proven track record of utilizing consultative selling and cross-selling techniques to exceed revenue targets and sales quotas.
Medical Sales Representative, United Hospital Services, Boston, MA
August 2016 – Present
- Generate over $1.2M in annual medical equipment sales across both acute and long-term care markets, including hospital ventilators, specialty chairs, and wound pumps
- Deliver product demonstrations to potential clients, showcase clinical use of products to physicians, and provide ongoing support and communication to achieve a 93% customer satisfaction rate
- Achieve recognition in the President’s Club and a top 5% sales ranking across 100+ representatives
Medical Sales Representative, Specialty Medical Equipment Inc., Boston, MA
June 2014 – August 2016
- Built relationships with clients and healthcare professionals to establish referral networks and support lead generation, which contributed to a $500K increase in territory growth over a two-year span
- Achieved top 10% sales rankings and consistently exceeded quotas by 30%-40% month over month
Bachelor of Arts in Business
UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA, Philadelphia, PA, September 2010 – May 2014
- Medical Sales
- Product Demonstrations
- Customer Service
- Client Relations
- Consultative Selling
- Registered Medical Sales Representative (RMSR), 2019
876 Second Road, Casper, WY 21098
A Medical Sales Executive with over 12+ years of experience selling respiratory equipment and wound management solutions to clients within the healthcare sector. A proven track record of delivering high quality product demonstrations and building long-term industry relationships to support lead generation.
Medical Sales Account Executive, Rotech Healthcare Incorporated, Casper, WY
June 2013 – Present
- Educate clients on features and benefits of respiratory equipment, suggest products to meet their needs, and deliver product demonstrations, and generate over $1.5M in annual revenue
- Provide coaching and mentorship to 15+ new hires, deliver training on medical products and upselling techniques, and contribute to a 40% increase in sales revenue
- Build strong and enduring relationships with numerous organizations, including sleep clinics, hospitals, and GP practices
Sales Representative, Regenerative Labs, Jackson, WY
July 2008 – June 2013
- Presented innovative jelly allografts to doctors and nurse practitioners, demonstrated potential applications, features, and benefits, and generated over $800K in sales revenue
- Prospected for new clients at medical conferences and events and followed up leads via email and telephone
- Successfully converted 78% of leads into sales and secured repeat customers in 95% of cases
- Collaborated with the product management team to identify and capitalize on new business opportunities
Bachelor of Science in Bioengineering
UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING, Laramie, WY, September 2002 – June 2006
Master of Science in Bioengineering
UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING, Laramie, WY, September 2006 – June 2008
- Relationship Management
- Medical Sales
- Product Demonstrations
- Wound Care Products
- Medical Terminology
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Medical Sales Resumes
Before you start writing your medical sales resume, it’s crucial to understand the keywords and verbs that will flag your resume to hiring managers and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). The more industry-specific vocabulary you include, the more likely an ATS will select your application and draw it to the employer’s attention. Crafting your resume with an ATS in mind can set it apart when a hiring manager has hundreds of generic resumes to wade through.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Account Management||Account Development|
|B2B Sales||B2C Sales|
|Business Development||Client Relations|
|Consultative Sales||Cold Calling|
|Customer Relationship Management (CRM)||Cross-Functional Leadership|
|Healthcare Sales||Outside Sales|
|Lead Generation||Lead Qualification|
|Medical Equipment||Medical Sales|
|Medical Terminology||Product Demonstrations|
|Sales Presentations||Sales Strategy|
|Solution Selling||Strategic Selling|
|Relationship Management||Team Leadership|
Tips for Writing a Better Medical Sales Resume
Quantify your sales ability
The primary quality that hiring managers look for in a medical sales representative is an ability to meet challenging sales targets and secure repeat custom by building strong relationships. Including statistics in your resume allows you to explain your sales methods and experience while proving your achievements with hard data. Precise metrics are more appealing to employers than more vague, generic descriptions of your sales ability.
Built enduring relationships with existing clients, securing over $150k of repeat custom in 2020.
Kept in touch with old clients and encouraged them to make further purchases.
Used persuasive product demonstrations and built a quick rapport to convert 94% of leads to sales within a single meeting.
Demonstrated products and persuaded clients to buy them.
Highlight your soft skills
While it’s important to demonstrate that you have the sales ability and tenacity to generate impressive profits, don’t underestimate the importance of soft skills to potential employers. Teamwork, efficiency, and leadership potential are all attractive traits and show that you can benefit the company in numerous ways. Don’t forget to see which soft skills are listed in the job description and highlight at least one of them in your resume.
Trained and mentored three undergraduate interns in 2020, two of which went on to increase the department’s revenue by 23% as permanent employees.
Helped with the company’s intern program and provided training and support.
Worked collaboratively with teammates to discover new prospecting opportunities, collectively increasing lead generation by 34% in a single fiscal quarter.
Worked with colleagues to find new customers.
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
In a competitive job market, hiring managers often have to sift through a mountain of very similar resumes to find the right candidate for the position. Submitting the same generic resume for each job opportunity may seem like a time-saving measure, but it’s not as likely to land you an interview. Instead, tailoring your application to match the job description helps show the hiring manager that you are the perfect fit.
If you’re unsure which factors are most important to the company you’re applying to, the best place to start is to study the job description. Companies usually list skills and attributes in order of importance, so look at what they list first and qualities that are mentioned more than once. When you’ve pinned down their priorities, make sure that your resume shows how you demonstrate each key skill in detail. Remember to showcase your significant achievements, backed up with metrics if possible, instead of relying on vague descriptions of duties.
Examples Medical Sales Job Description
ProMedica is a market leader in the production of innovative surgical equipment and breathing apparatus. The company was voted as one of the top 10 employers in Texas in 2020.
We are seeking an ambitious sales representative to sell our latest product range to hospitals and other healthcare providers. The successful candidate will display a driven work ethic and possess the strong interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain relationships with a large client database.
- Prospect for new leadsby attending medical conferences and other promotional events and follow up to explain ProMedica’s product range
- Work closely with teammates to meet challenging targets and identify new business opportunities
- Demonstrate surgical instruments and breathing equipment and identify the correct solutions to clients’ needs
- Oversee the whole sales cycle from prospecting to closure
- Manage relationships with existing clients to upsell and secure repeat business
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in biomedical science, nursing, medicine, or another related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a sales role
- Medical sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical devices and instruments
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to work collaboratively
As you can see from the job description, the company is seeking an individual with the following attributes:
- Medical sales experience
- Communication skills
- Product demonstration and explanation
- Relationship management
- Overseeing the sales cycle
- Prospecting for leads
- Knowledge of surgical and breathing assistance products
- Ambitious and driven
Once you’ve established what skills and experience the company wants, you can tailor your resume to demonstrate each quality clearly. Below is an excerpt from a resume written to suit the previous job description:
Medical Sales Work Experience Example
Medical Sales Representative
MedX, November 2016- Present
- Demonstrated surgical instruments and ventilation devices clearly and compellingly, explaining their features and benefits to convert over 87% of leads into sales
- Maintained lasting relationships with a network of over 200 previous clients, securing repeat sales from over 80% in 2020
- Worked with colleagues to explore lead generation opportunities, collectively increasing departmental revenue by over $600k last year