Marketing Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Marketing Intelligence Student | [email protected] | (999) 876-5432 | 500 Address Avenue, San Francisco, CA 54321
February 3, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Mr. Henderson,
In November 2020, I was named one of the top five highest-performing students during my Practicum placement. My assessor praised my driven work ethic, self-motivation to increase my knowledge of methodologies, and attention to detail. I hope to bring these skills and attributes to the role of Junior Marketing Assistant at Walgreens.
As an ambitious individual motivated by results, Walgreens’ long-standing prestige and reputation for effective digital marketing appeals to me. I believe that my recent achievements demonstrate that I can be an asset to the Walgreens marketing department. These include:
- Consistently achieving scores of 90%+ for applied statistics and storytelling with data modules
- Working collaboratively with experienced colleagues on placement to increase the company’s Facebook campaign engagement by 23% over four months
- Receiving praise from assessors during every assessment cycle for accuracy and efficiency
I would like to schedule an interview to discuss how my skills can contribute to your company’s successful and engaging marketing campaigns. Please don’t hesitate to contact me to arrange a suitable appointment.
P.S. I would love to explain why I came top of my cohort for experimental design in 2020.
Social Media Specialist | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 My Street, Los Angeles, CA 12345
February 1, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Dixon,
Delivering a 140x Return On Investment figure on my company’s Facebook advertising campaigns in 2019 was the most significant achievement of my web marketing career. I am excited to spearhead even more lucrative social media campaigns in the role of Social Media Manager at United Way.
With three years’ experience as a Social Media Specialist and a drive to use web marketing to impact peoples’ lives positively, I’m intrigued by United Way’s mission to end poverty in my local community. The company’s emphasis on creative innovation and results-focused ethos is ideal for my skills and experience.
Some of my most recent achievements include:
- Increasing my company’s Twitter following from 3,000 to 35,000+ in 2019
- Setting up the company’s blog and producing engaging content and tools to grow the subscriber list to 9,500+ in a single year
- Playing a crucial role in increasing web traffic to the company’s website by 385% over three years
I would like to arrange an interview to explore how my proven abilities for driving engagement through social media campaigns can help United Way exceed its goals in 2021. Please contact me so we can arrange an appointment.
P.S. I would love to tell you why I was nominated Employee of the Year in 2019.
Digital Marketing Strategist | kbarclay[email protected] | (000) 111-2222 | 333 Address Avenue, San Francisco, CA 55555
February 3, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Mr. Reynolds,
Spearheading a targeted digital marketing campaign that directly increased in-store footfall by 23% in 2020 was my most significant career success to date. I am excited to offer the same innovative thinking and strategic planning in the Lead Digital Marketer role at Nike.
My eight years of experience increasing social media engagement and 3+ years spent leading digital marketing teams make me the ideal candidate to drive online advertising innovations in your company. As an ambitious and driven professional, Nike’s customer-focused and results-orientated philosophy appeal to me.
My key achievements include:
- Implementing successful social media campaigns to increase my company’s Instagram following by 430% in a single business year
- Designing and delivering a marketing training plan to improve my team’s productivity by 20% in 2020
- Collaborating successfully with other departments to expand the company’s online presence into new geographical areas
I am confident that my proven ability to increase footfall and revenue through digital campaigns can help Nike achieve its fiscal targets in 2021 and would like to discuss this further at an interview. Please feel free to contact me to schedule an appointment.
P.S. I would like to tell you why my team’s Twitter campaign won a Killer Content Award in 2019.
Web Production Project Manager | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 10 Main Road, San Francisco, CA 11223
February 1, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Whitworth,
Leading a team to increase my company’s web traffic by more than 400% in 2020 was the highlight of my career to date. I am excited to deliver similar innovation and growth to Springboard as a Web Production Project Manager.
With 10+ years’ experience marketing educational products online, I am drawn to Springboard’s mission to bring accessible education opportunities to a global client base. My inspiring leadership style and strategic skills make me an ideal fit for Springboard’s results-focused and creative ethos.
My previous achievements include:
- Establishing 12 microsites across Europe and Asia to grow my company’s international audience
- Leading a team of 25 freelancers to meet and exceed all productivity goals in 2020
- Reducing departmental spend by 23% over three years while simultaneously growing social media following by 650%
I would like to meet with you to discuss how my strong leadership skills can drive the Springboard web marketing team to even greater success in 2021. Please feel free to contact me to arrange an appointment.
P.S. Let me explain why my team was nominated for a U.S. Digital Advertising Award last year.
Marketing Cover Letter Checklist
A marketing cover letter needs five main elements to ensure it contains all the necessary information:
1. Heading. Using a formal template can ensure you include all the information needed in your heading. It should include:
- Your details, including name, title and contact information
- The date you wrote the letter
- The addressee’s details
2. Salutation. Use the hiring manager’s name in your greeting and address them as Mr. or Ms. [Last Name]. If you can’t find that information, it’s best to use “Dear Hiring Manager,” instead.
3. Introduction. Your opening paragraph is your chance to entice the hiring manager to read further. Make sure you introduce yourself and express your interest in the job.
4. Body paragraphs. This is the longest part of your cover letter and is used to describe your experience, skills, and education. Only include the relevant parts of your employment history and consider using bullet points so the hiring manager can quickly assess your skills.
5. Closing section. This is your call to action. Use it to encourage the hiring manager to invite you for an interview. You can also include a final postscript with an additional accomplishment to leave the hiring manager wanting more.
Marketers understand the power of a good hook, which is what your opening paragraph should be. Use one of your top accomplishments and build the opening around it to entice the reader to investigate further. It’s best if the accomplishment you choose can be quantified and relates to the job you’re applying for. Don’t use a simple fact that can be gleaned from your resume, like how many years you’ve been in the industry.
I have 13 years of experience as a marketer and believe I am the perfect candidate for the Marketing Manager position you recently advertised.
The body of your cover letter is where the hiring manager can learn the benefits of hiring you. Start by using specific details to explain why you want the position and why you’re interested in working for the company. Remember, the hiring manager wants to know what you can do for them, not what they can do for you.
In the second paragraph, list accomplishments that are relative to the position. This can include your education, career promotions or successful projects. Make sure to choose achievements that can be quantified and include the outcome so the reader gets a clear picture of the experience you can bring to the position.
Over my seven years in the marketing industry, I’ve strived to find ways to merge creativity and new technologies to communicate my message to customers. Cosmos Marketing’s reputation for innovation and emphasis on building long-term relationships with customers is an ideal fit for my imaginative campaigns.
I’m excited to add my voice to Cosmos Marketing’s visionary projects. My past successes include:
- Using market research to suggest product changes that resulted in a 42% increase in sales
- Developing an online advertising strategy that doubled the company’s ROAS
- Used conferences and online seminars to increase brand awareness, leading to a 65% increase in inbound sales leads in 12 months
I have seven years of experience as a marketing manager, which meets your requirements, and would love to work for a company with such high-profile clients.
In my current role I’m responsible for:
- Managing social media ad campaigns on Google, Facebook and Instagram
- Working with teams to develop products
- Preparing market analysis reports for clients and management
As in any good marketing campaign, your closing is where the reader finds the CTA. In a cover letter, the next step you encourage should be scheduling an interview. Don’t miss an opportunity to make a lasting impression by just thanking the hiring manager for their time.
A postscript at the bottom of your letter can be one final, eye-catching element of your cover letter. Use it to feature one last accomplishment that will leave the hiring manager wanting to know more.
P.S. I’d love to talk with you about my time on a Drum Award-winning team!
Thank you for taking the time to consider my application. Please contact me if you want further information or clarification of any points. I look forward to hearing from you soon.