Hospitality Hotel Front Desk Resume Examples
Years of Experience
Shirlene B. Hicks
333 Fourth Street, Marion, SC 29571
Personable, attentive retail sales clerk with over a year of experience meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Commended for maintaining a high standard of excellence in service and teamwork. Fast learning and eager to take on increasing responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer service
Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business
FRANCIS MARION UNIVERSITY Florence, SC, August 2019 – Present (expect to graduate Spring 2023)
High School Diploma
MARION HIGH SCHOOL Marion, SC, June 2019
Retails Sales, JoAnn’s Boutique, Marion, SC
August 2019 – Present
- Greeting customers upon entry
- Assisting with changing rooms
- Responding to inquiries on locating items
- Reporting safety concerns and maintenance issues
- Processing sales transactions using POS software
- Was recognized as Employee of the Month for three consecutive months for exemplary work ethic and attitude
Sales Associate, Dollar General, Marion, SC
January 2019 – July 2019
- Greeted customers and assisted with locating merchandise
- Operated cash register to process customer transactions
- Stocked merchandise and helped set up seasonal displays
- Kept front of store clean and organized
- Commended for having zero errors with cash drawers
57 Right Street, Newport, Rhode Island, 02895
Responsible and personable hotel front desk clerk with two years of previous experience in hospitality and customer-facing roles. Impeccable customer service skills both in person and over the phone, a friendly manner that is regularly praised, and impressive organizational skills. Adept at assisting customers with a range of inquiries and issues, resulting in returning satisfied customers.
- Computer skills, including customer database management
- Aptitude for customer service
- Reservations management
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Bachelor of Science in Tourism and Hospitality Management
JOHNSON & WALES UNIVERSITY Providence, RI, October 2018 – July 2020
Participated in hospitality hosting coursework, which included 30 hours of out of classroom industry experience.
- Social Media Marketing
- International Policies of Tourism
- World Geography for Tourism and Hospitality
Hospitality Host, The Sleeping Bear Inn, Providence, RI
May 2020 – January 2021
- Provide exceptional customer service, which resulted in a number of new returning customers
- Responsible for managing reservations in a 40-room boutique inn
- Resolve all customer inquiries to a satisfying standard
- Track guest satisfaction surveys to help maintain the inn’s impressive customer experience ratings of 97% positive feedback
Waiting Staff, The Hotel Bar, Providence, RI
February 2019 – April 2020
- Honed customer service skills in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment
- Responsible for making reservations and organizing seat plans
- Filed incident reports documenting issues for managing staff
- Cvent Supplier Professional Certification
- American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute Certified Hospitality Supervisor
1 Main Street, Newport Beach, CA 09876
Professional and courteous hotel bilingual front desk clerk with 8+ years of experience in the hospitality industry. Skilled at handling a variety of administrative tasks while providing optimal customer service to ensure smooth hotel operations. Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
Front desk clerk, Milton Grand Hotel, Los Angeles, CA
December 2014 – Present
- Manages front desk for a 600-room full-service four-diamond hotel
- Greets and assists all guests with enthusiasm and professional demeanor
- Checks guests in and out of rooms with speed and accuracy
- Works with housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are cleaned and ready on time
- Ensures transportation of guests on the hotel shuttle to and from the hotel
- Fluent in English and Spanish
Front desk clerk, Embassy Express Suites, Los Angeles, CA
October 2012 – December 2014
- Handled front desk operations for a 250-room hotel
- Took reservations and checked guests in and out
- Provided information to hotel guests regarding dining, nearby attractions, amenities, and available rooms
Associate Degree in Hospitality Management
GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE Glendale, CA September 2010 – June 2012
High School Diploma
NEWPORT HIGH SCHOOL Newport Beach, CA September 2006 – May 2010
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational ability
- Adept at conflict resolution
- Reliable, flexible, and a good problem solver
- Certified Front Desk Representative (CFDR), AHLEI, 2016
789 Address Road, Miami, FL 76543
Accomplished hotel front desk manager with 15+ years’ experience ensuring maximum guest satisfaction in luxury hotel complexes. Leads by example to ensure all guests receive a warm, professional welcome and that their expectations are exceeded. Excellent awareness of different cultural norms and etiquette and able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing. Proven track record of building and training world-class hospitality teams. Excellent language skills.
Front Desk Manager, TM Hospitality Inc, Miami, FL
- Lead front of house meetings and clearly communicate policies, procedures, and sales strategies to colleagues
- Manage guest check in procedures and satisfaction for a 300-room resort
- Supervise a large team to deliver efficient and welcoming service and coordinate operations between departments
- Conduct staff training for over 150 support staff to develop talent and ensure consistent quality
- Handle invoices and transactions and resolve complaints and system problems promptly
- Oversee department budgets and forecast revenue and occupancy in collaboration with other departmental managers
- Fluent in Spanish and English and able to converse in French and German
Assistant Front Desk Manager, Hilton Hotels, Miami, FL
June 2005 – February 2011
- Welcomed guests to the 100-room hotel and managed bookings, ensuring special requests were accommodated
- Managed staff rotas and cover and confirmed that there were always enough colleagues on duty to handle guest requests efficiently without overstaffing
- Oversaw lobby environment to ensure guests got a tidy and inviting first impression, deploying cleaning staff when necessary
Associate of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management
MIAMI DADE COLLEGE Miami, FL, September 2003 – June 2005
- Strategic planning to maximize profitability
- Payroll analysis
- Planning and delivering staff training programs
- Fluent in Spanish and French
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to multitask and coordinate multiple departments
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Hospitality Hotel Front Desk Resumes
Highlighting key skills and including appropriate action verbs in your resume can signal to hiring managers that you’re qualified and a good fit for the job. Many hiring companies use additional software to screen job applicants. These applicant tracking systems score resumes based on the number of keywords and sentences that match the job description. To increase the chances of having your resume seen, incorporate as many key skills and action verbs as possible.
|Key Skills & Proficiencies|
|Communication (verbal and nonverbal)||Computer proficiency|
|Customer relations||Critical thinking|
|People management||Phone etiquette|
|Point of Sale (POS) systems||Problem-solving|
Tips for Writing a Better Hospitality Hotel Front Desk Resume
Showcase your multitasking or language abilities
The ability to multitask is required when working at any hotel or resort property. On any given day, you’ll need to manage guest check-ins and check-outs, along with a multitude of customer requests, questions, and complaints. Depending on your shift, you may be the only front desk staff on-site, which means hiring managers need to know you can remain calm under pressure and also handle multiple tasks at once. Show how you’ve dealt with these situations in the past so your prospective employer can gain confidence in your ability to manage many different jobs successfully.
Hotels are often visited by international guests who may not speak English. Your ability to speak additional languages is very valuable to hiring managers, so make sure to highlight these skills in your resume.
Able to handle multiple tasks at once and can also speak some Spanish.
In charge of check-in for the entire hotel property.
Highlight your problem-solving and decision-making skills
As a front-desk employee, you’re the face of the property you work at, and hiring managers need to know you’re able to ensure guest satisfaction. From complaints about noisy neighbors to unclean rooms, you must demonstrate an ability to listen to customers and provide proactive solutions to their issues. Showcase how you’ve been able to solve problems on the job by highlighting awards or positive guest feedback.
Earned high ratings for customer satisfaction.
Improved guest experience by asking for feedback.
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
Hiring managers want to make sure they choose the right fit for their company, which means filtering through many prospective employees to find someone who fits their needs. One way to increase your chances of being called in for an interview is to incorporate the information listed in the job description into your resume.
It’s common for job descriptions to include the most important requirements toward the beginning of a post. When deciding which skills and qualifications to add, look for points that are mentioned multiple times. Before submitting your resume, examine it to make sure it shows why you’re the right fit for the job and includes examples of how you can fulfill the job requirements outlined. Resumes should be short (one-page is standard), customized to the job you’re applying for, and filled with actionable and relevant information.
Example Hospitality Hotel Front Desk Job Description
Parastar Hotel is an award-winning boutique hotel providing guests with luxury getaways at an affordable price. We are seeking a self-motivated, professional, and personable individual to join our front desk team. You will be responsible for greeting and communicating with our guests, ensuring that every aspect of their stay is handled with care and precision. Looking for a team player to join our collaborative work environment! Utilize your strong communication skills to field customer requests and manage incoming reservations and phone calls. Our property has many international guests, so foreign language skills are a big plus.
- Greet hotel guests and assist with check-in
- Maintain a strong knowledge of our hotel property to address customer questions and concerns
- Handle all incoming calls and direct them to the appropriate department or team member
- Assign accommodations to incoming guests based on their booking requests
- Manage day to day operations, including receiving and distributing mail, answering phone calls, and keeping the front desk area tidy and presentable
- 1-2 years experience as a front desk representative or receptionist in a luxury hotel property
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office
- Experience with data entry and hotel reservation software
- English proficiency (verbal and written)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Additional language proficiency a plus
The above job description mentions that candidates should possess the following skills:
- Communication skills
- Phone calls and emails
- Computer skills
- English proficiency
- Foreign language skills
Once you understand which skills and experience are required, make sure these points are included in your resume. The example below shows how to incorporate your related attributes into your resume in a way that stands out to employers.
Hospitality Hotel Front Desk Work Experience Example
June 2018 – Feb 2020
- Led the front desk team for our 100-room property, streamlining check-in/check-out, housekeeping, hotel maintenance, and customer requests.
- Communicated and assisted foreign guests in Spanish, French, and Italian
- Created a guest satisfaction survey and analyzed trends to help improve guest services
- Responded to customer requests via email and managed day-to-day operations, such as answering phone calls
- Named Employee of the Month from June 2018 through Dec 2019