Executive Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Marketing Vice President | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., New York, NY 97201
January 1, 2021
Accelerated Marketing Inc.
Dear Ms. Johnson,
As a vice president of marketing, I have over 20 years of experience defining winning strategies for multi-million-dollar digital marketing campaigns and product launches. During my time at Brooklyn Digital Marketing Inc., I identified various untapped markets and drove penetration across verticals. My expertise in aligning marketing strategy with long-term organizational goals would be a strong asset to your organization.
Accelerated Marketing Inc.’s reputation for excellence strongly aligns with my history as a results-driven executive. I am confident that my innovative approach to digital marketing strategy would benefit your company based on my career achievements:
- Managed and built the marketing department from the ground up and defined overarching strategy and vision for digital campaigns in coordination with the CEO and senior vice president
- Identified markets with untapped potential, determined core audience based on market indicators, and drove the implementation of new campaigns to drive a 200% increase in product sales
- Oversaw a department budget of $15M for marketing initiatives and strategically allocated resources to improve campaign results and efficiency
I would like to schedule an interview to discuss further how my expertise in digital marketing can help drive the success of your product campaigns. I am available at your convenience for any questions you may have.
Senior Vice President | [email protected]l.com | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., Seattle, WA 97201
January 1, 2021
Seattle Recruitment Inc.
Dear Mr. Marquez,
With 15 years of professional experience in the human resources and recruiting industries, I’ve led numerous staffing initiatives for large businesses with over 400+ personnel. As the Senior Vice President of Talent Recruitment Corp., I interfaced with C-level executives and client stakeholders to drive recruitment initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of multi-national organizations.
My commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strongly align with the culture and mission statement of Seattle Recruitment Inc. Over the course of my career, I’ve spearheaded various diversity recruiting efforts to transform businesses. I believe that my strong track record in delivering staffing and HR solutions to clients would be an asset to your organization based on my professional achievements:
- Developed recruitment strategies for 30+ client businesses valued at $500K – $3.5M and partnered with executive leadership to evaluate organizational structure and staffing needs
- Led diversity recruiting initiatives and provided tactical leadership to transform work cultures and enhance employee engagement, which improved retention for clients by up to 30%
- Served as the point of contact for client accounts and built strategic partnerships with universities and other staffing firms within the greater Seattle area
I look forward to telling you more about how my expertise in recruiting and organizational leadership can benefit Seattle Recruitment Inc. Feel free to contact me for an interview at your earliest convenience.
Chief Executive Officer | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., Boston, MA, 97201
January 1, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
ArkTech Software Corp.
Dear Mr. Gentile,
As you can see from my attached resume, I have over 14 years of experience as an executive and CEO within the technology industry. My greatest accomplishment was building Solaris Software from a start-up company into a $20M business. I believe that my vast experience in creating scalable business models within the software space would be a strong asset to your company in the CEO position.
ArkTech Software Corp’s impressive reputation as an industry leader in SaaS solutions aligns with my background as an innovator in the software solution market. I am confident that my experience as a technology executive would aid the growth of your organization based on my career achievements:
- Built, managed, and scaled a start-up software solution business into a multi-million-dollar corporation, which West Sun Software Inc. acquired for $100M in 2020
- Developed business strategies, analyzed market trends, and drove the development, deployment, and delivery of SaaS solution products generating $8M in annual revenue
- Created a scalable business model to facilitate growth of 80% – 120% YOY
I would like to schedule an interview to discuss how my knowledge of the software solution market could aid your company. You can contact me at your convenience for any questions you may have. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Executive Cover Letter Checklist
An excellent executive cover letter has five main elements:
1. Heading. Use a stylized template to maximize the visibility of your information. Your heading should include the following details:
- Your name, title, and contact info
- The date you sent the letter
- The addressee’s details
2. Salutation. Greet the hiring manager by name — Mr. or Ms. [Last Name]. If you can’t find the hiring manager’s name, use “Dear Hiring Manager” instead.
3. Introduction. Create a strong opening paragraph to catch the hiring manager’s eye. You should open with one of your strongest career achievements and explain your interest in the position you’re applying for. This will create a connection in the reader’s mind for why your qualifications match the company.
4. Body paragraphs. In the next two body paragraphs, you should continue to showcase accomplishments from your work experience that mirror the organization’s needs. Include and prioritize achievements that demonstrate results by using monetary figures and percentages. Consider integrating three bullet points featuring this information to break up the paragraphs.
5. Closing section. To close out your cover letter, you’ll need a call to action (CTA), such as inviting the hiring manager to bring you in for an interview or welcoming them to contact you for additional information on your background. Be sure to thank the reader for their time and consideration, as showing respect also demonstrates your professionalism.
When creating your introduction paragraph, you should lead with one of your strongest accomplishments. Select the accomplishment based on its relevance to the posting and the scope of the achievement itself. You should also express your interest in the position you’re applying for. You can emphasize your years of experience within the industry but avoid providing generic job descriptions without a tangible example. Below, you’ll see some examples of how to structure your introductory paragraph.
Reducing external vendor costs by $10M per year for my company by developing an internal IT department was one of my most significant accomplishments. This involved delivering a strategic roadmap and proposal to secure executive buy-in. My ability to lead technology transformations could greatly benefit your organization in the Senior Vice President position.
With 10 years of experience as a senior executive, I have leadership skills that few professionals can match. My background in managing teams and organizations shows I’m the right candidate for this position.
Your body paragraph should continue to demonstrate why you’re the ideal candidate for the job based on your professional achievements. You should also make a point to mention something related to the company’s culture or mission statement and how it matches your career. Avoid spending too much page space talking about your excitement surrounding the opportunity. You want to appear confident and remain focused on why the company should hire you.
Next, you’ll want to create a list of three bullet points that showcase metrics and results from your work experience. Hiring managers want to see examples where you created value. Be sure to emphasize the outcome of your accomplishment. Avoid simply stating generic details and job functions, as they won’t help to differentiate you from other candidates.
As a senior technology executive with 15 years of experience in machine learning and artificial intelligence, I am drawn to your company’s mission to improve quality of life and public safety through the development of autonomous vehicles. My experience as a CEO would help your organization to secure the strategic partnerships to succeed in this developing market.
I hope to bring my expertise in business development and executive leadership to your management team. Some of my most high-profile accomplishments include:
- Defining strategy for the development and deployment of new artificial intelligence and machine learning products generating over $30M in annual revenue
- Collaborating with C-level executives and external client stakeholders to identify product enhancements to drive adoption and increase market share by 20%
- Managing cross-functional organizations comprised of up to 50+ developers, engineers, and data scientists to bring product vision to life
I’m an experienced technology executive who has over 15 years in the field. I am excited about the opportunity to work with your company and believe a partnership would be mutually beneficial.
A few of my job responsibilities and duties in my current position include:
- Leading teams, delegating tasks, defining workflows, and creating technology strategy
- Working with senior leadership and various teams on technical initiatives
- Overseeing development and deployment of products
An impactful closing paragraph should contain a call to action that offers the hiring manager the opportunity to contact you for an interview or additional information on your professional experience. You can also make a final attempt to reinforce how your background aligns with the company’s needs. Remember to thank the hiring manager for their time and consideration in the last sentence. This shows that you’re a professional with strong business communication skills. Below, you’ll see an example of how to create a strong closing paragraph.
I look forward to speaking with you further about how my tactical approach to Agile implementation can transform your project management organization. Please feel free to contact me for an interview at your convenience. Thank you for your time and consideration.
I appreciate you taking the time to review my application. I have always wanted to work with your team, and I believe this could be a great opportunity to advance my career. I cannot wait to learn more about the role.