Cashier Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Retail Cashier | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 369 Hopskip Avenue, San Diego, CA, 92038
June 2, 2021
Dear Miss Johnston,
During my time volunteering at the Community Music Store, I was consistently relied upon by the managing staff to help with challenging customer requests about our stock. I believe it was my passion for helping my local community to find exactly what they needed that led to me being a trusted member of the team. A long-term working relationship helping new and existing customers is what I’d love to bring to the cashier role at Discountery Stores.
From shopping at Discountery Stores for years myself, I know that creating a fun, friendly, and affordable shopping experience is your mission. As a cashier, I aim to bring a high level of dedication and creative thinking to the role.
My previous experience has strengthened the following skills:
- Accuracy: I manually recorded sales and stock buying for the entire music store
- Empathy: Confused and struggling customers found what they needed with my guidance, ordering in new stock if necessary
- Efficiency: Stocktaking was time-consuming, so I helped the team create a new, more efficient process
I am looking forward to discussing my approach to handling customer sales and queries, available for a call with you anytime.
P.S. – Ask me about how I created a window dressing competition using our customer feedback!
Cashier | [email protected] | (222) 222-2222 | 222 Address St., San Francisco, CA 94103
June 3rd, 2021
Dear Mrs. MacBride,
For the past two years, I’ve developed a solid reputation for an accurate till at closing each night at Old Navy on Market Street. I also have to cite my people skills as an attribute of mine. I genuinely like working with people and assisting them in any way I can, and it shows. Additionally, I’m detail-oriented and ready to take on the challenge of a fast-paced environment like yours.
As Englewood Pharmacy grows, I’d love the opportunity to grow with it. I also would love to assume a position where I’m a vital part of the community, and I feel like I can be with your company.
In addition, I’m excited to bring my skills to Englewood. You’ll see that I’m personable, and people genuinely leave smiling when I’m on duty. You’ll notice firsthand my accuracy and superb mathematical skills when it comes to being a cashier. However, my true noteworthy accomplishments include:
- Awarded employee of the month for three consecutive months
- Won a perfect attendance award for the year
- Recognized by management for my attention to detail
I’d love to schedule an interview with you to discuss how my meticulousness, punctuality, and disposition could benefit Englewood Pharmacy.
Cashier | [email protected] | (249) 412-9275 | 64 Zoo Lane, Oklahoma City, OK 73026
June 1, 2021
Dear Ms. Giles,
Leading the training program for 20+ new members of staff at Target has been one of the most rewarding achievements during my career as a cashier. Given the opportunity, I know I can bring the same leadership and dedication to the team at Home Depot.
With seven years of cashier experience, including three years of training experience and two promotions, I was initially drawn to the Cashier job opening at Home Depot because of the firm’s reputation for employee progression and excellence. I also possess a Master of Science in merchandising from Oklahoma State University, which I believe holds me in good stead for the role.
Some of my past work achievements include:
- Trained 20+ new members of staff in customer service, tills, and cashing up
- Suffered zero-till overages or shortages for four consecutive years
- Awarded employee of the month six times in five years
I am interested in setting up an interview to discuss how my personal skillset and experience can benefit the team at Home Depot. I am available for an interview at your convenience, so please do contact me with a suitable time for you.
P.S. I would also love to tell you about the time I received the employee of the month award for two consecutive months!
Cashier | [email protected] | (924) 192-8173 | 64 Zoo Lane, Twin Falls, ID 83301
May 30th, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Mr. Jefferies,
As the present head cashier at Walmart in Twin Falls, over the last 10 years, I have built a reputation for exceptional work performance and have proved an unrivaled dedication to my role. I am hoping to transfer these same qualities to a cashier position at Walgreens.
With 10 years of experience as a cashier and four years as head cashier, the available position at Walgreens initially piqued my interest due to the company’s reputation for brilliance and impressive employee satisfaction ratings. Therefore, I am excited to offer my unique skill set to the team at Walgreens.
Some of my past career achievements include:
- Gaining a Retail Management Certificate from the College of Southern Idaho
- Processing an average of 2,200 cash register transactions each month
- Contributed to the recent rise in the store’s Yelp rating by providing excellent customer service to 100+ customers each day
I’d be very grateful to have the opportunity to discuss how my skills could help further the success of the Walgreens cashier team. For that reason, I am available for an interview at a time that suits you. Please feel free to contact me to arrange a time.
P.S. I’d also like to tell you about how I maintain zero till overages and shortages!
Cashier Cover Letter Checklist
Every cashier cover letter should have the same sections:
1. Heading. The heading should contain your current contact information, including your email address and telephone number. Make this section more attractive by using a stylized template.
2. Salutation. If the job description contains the hiring manager’s name, incorporate that name into your opening. Otherwise, use “Dear Hiring Manager” as your greeting.
3. Introduction. Get right to the point by explaining why you want the job. Use this paragraph to convince the hiring manager your application deserves further consideration.
4. Body paragraphs. Write at least two body paragraphs that describe some of your achievements and explain why they’re relevant to the job. Instead of using large blocks of text, use bullet points to group similar items together and make them easy to scan.
5. Closing section. Close with a strong call to action that highlights your professionalism and interest in the job; in most cases, the CTA should be to contact you to set up an interview. Consider adding a P.S. at the bottom of the page to end your cover letter on a positive note.
Your introduction sets the tone for the rest of your cashier cover letter. Demonstrate enthusiasm by expressing interest in the job and providing some information about your experience. If you’re an entry-level applicant, describe your skills and explain why they make you qualified for the position.
Support your statements by describing some of your biggest accomplishments. To make a strong impression, choose accomplishments that can be measured, such as the average number of customers served per day or the average number of items scanned per minute.
I worked at Sunshine Market for two years, so I know how to use a cash register and accept multiple payment types.
The body of your cashier letter should open with an explanation of why you admire the company and why you’re interested in the job. Customize this section for each employer to ensure every letter you send out is tailored to the position you want.
Once you explain your interest in the position, go through your resume and identify some of your most impressive achievements. If you have experience as a cashier, look for achievements related to customer service, cash handling, and other relevant skills. Otherwise, look for accomplishments that you can relate to the job in some way, such as a course in business management or a certificate in data entry. Focus on outcomes that can be quantified, as they have the most impact on hiring managers.
After two years as the lead cashier at Sunshine Market, I am looking to expand my skills by working for a specialty market rather than a supermarket. I have always admired your company’s commitment to making organic produce affordable, and I’m confident your customers would benefit from my ability to scan items quickly and with a high level of accuracy.
Some of my previous accomplishments include:
- Winning the Customer Courtesy Award in five of the last seven quarters
- Achieving a 99.7% accuracy rate when keying in items manually due to missing barcodes
- Scanning an average of 23 items per hour
I read that you are looking for a cashier with experience. I’ve been working at Sunshine Market for two years, and I have experience with handheld scanners and store POS systems.
End your cover letter with a request for the hiring manager to contact you to schedule an interview. This is known as a call to action. Avoid vague statements like “I appreciate your consideration” or “Thank you for reviewing my application.”
If you have a little room left below your signature, add a P.S. that highlights one of your most significant achievements. The selected achievement should be something that makes the hiring manager want to know more about you.
I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about my skills and how they would benefit your customers. Please contact me as soon as possible to schedule an interview and discuss the next steps in the hiring process.
P.S. I can’t wait to tell you about the time I handled a 947-item order in under two hours — and all without any scanning or data entry errors!
I know you’re busy, so I appreciate that you took the time to read my letter. I hope to hear from you soon so that I can tell you more about my skills and experience.