Bank Teller Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Bank Teller | [email protected] | (123) 111-2222 | 123 Business Rd., Annapolis, MD 22111
January 1, 2021
First Union Bank
Dear Ms. Abrams,
Regularly winning Teller of the Month awards at my current branch is just one of the highlights of my career. My hope is that I have an opportunity to continue building that career by filling First Union Bank’s open Bank Teller position.
Your bank has a sterling reputation, emphasizing helping new entrepreneurs and first-time homeowners make important changes in their lives. I’d jump at the chance to help uphold that reputation in your Annapolis branch.
I believe my passion for customer service makes me an ideal candidate. To your branch, I’d bring a record of success that includes the following achievements:
- Maintaining a 0% error rate on customers’ balances for 24 months and counting
- Using fluency in Spanish and English to work with a diverse range of customers
- Handling between 25 and 35 customer interactions per hour
When your schedule allows, I would love to discuss how I can give your bank’s customers the experience they deserve. I am available to talk at a time that suits you.
P.S. I’d also like to discuss why several customers have singled me out as their favorite teller!
Bank Teller | [email protected] | (456) 777-8899 | 123 Bay Dr., Bay St. Louis, MI, 99852
April 1, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Mr. Smith,
Over my 10-year bank teller career, my ability to listen to my customers’ concerns and provide exceptional problem-solving resolutions has earned me a 100% customer satisfaction rating. This accomplishment, along with my extensive experience handling approximately $500,000 in transactions a day, makes me confident that I can excel in this position at ABC Bank.
ABC Bank’s stellar reputation as the best institution to save, borrow and invest money in the state makes me want to become a permanent member of your team. I know that honesty, integrity and dependability in your bank tellers are just as important as top-notch cash handling skills. So, I believe that my reputation as an ethical bank teller with keen attention to detail is illustrated by:
- My approximate 0.2% annual average cash drawer reconciliation discrepancy rate
- My 10 to 15% exceeding of add-on product sales goals each month record
- My 0% bank operation and security procedure defect rate
I look forward to speaking with you more about my banking experience, and I’m available to meet at your convenience.
P.S. Please ask me about my XYZ Bank Excellence in Community Service Award!
Bank Teller | [email protected] | (756) 392-0284 | 45 My Address, Los Angeles, CA 84756
May 8, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Janz,
Last year, I was selected to oversee the training of five finance students on their practicum placements. Two went on to become full-time employees following their graduation. I look forward to displaying the same strong leadership and mentorship as a senior teller at Wells Fargo.
As a seasoned professional with 12+ years’ experience providing attentive and efficient customer care, the opportunity to further my career at a prestigious institution like Wells Fargo is compelling to me. I believe that I have the organizational skills and comprehensive product knowledge to excel as a team leader. My recent achievements include:
- Leveraging effective cross-selling techniques to increase multi-service uptake by 76% over two years
- Consistently balancing the cash drawer with 100% accuracy since starting my current role in 2014
- Resolving a complex client account issue that had been causing significant issues within just 30 minutes
I would love to meet to discuss how my extensive industry experience and secure understanding of banking procedures can benefit your company. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch to schedule an interview.
P.S. I’m looking forward to telling you why I received a workplace commendation for my contribution to the bank’s professional development program in 2019.
Bank Teller Cover Letter Checklist
To create an effective bank teller cover letter, be sure to include these five key elements:
1. Heading. Using a stylized template that makes your personal information stand out. You should include:
- Your full name, job title, and contact information
- The date you’re writing and submitting the cover letter
- The name, title, and address of the hiring manager
2. Salutation. If the job description includes a name, address your cover letter to that person. If the name is unavailable, use the greeting “Dear Hiring Manager.”
3. Introduction. This element should express your interest in the role. It should also introduce you in an attention-grabbing way by including a relevant success or achievement.
4. Body paragraphs. These paragraphs should detail what makes you a good fit for the role and why you want to work for the company. Expand on your skills and experience in a way that aligns with the job description. Writing your details in a bullet point format can make your cover letter more visually appealing.
5. Closing section. Reiterate your interest in the role and thank the hiring manager for the interview. Craft a call to action that encourages the hiring manager to take the next step and schedule an interview.
The main purpose of this section is to introduce yourself and express your interest in the job in a way that hooks the attention of the hiring manager. To do so, select the most impressive achievement from your resume and weave it into your introductory paragraph. Make sure this achievement is relevant to the job. It should also be described in quantifiable terms, so the hiring manager has a better idea of the scope of your qualifications. Don’t use generic information, such as years of experience or education.
The job description indicates a need for two years of experience. I have three years of experience and believe I’d be a good fit for the job.
The first paragraph of this section should reiterate and expand on your interest in the job. Detail what makes you a good fit for the job and why you want to work for the organization.
The second paragraph should expand on your experience and skills to highlight your qualifications. This may include successful projects, awards, education or certifications, career highlights, or any other success you’ve led or contributed to. Be sure to pair each achievement with a positive outcome. Again, describe your accomplishments in quantifiable terms so the hiring manager has a clear idea of your skills and experience.
Over my five years of experience as a bank teller, I’ve developed my customer service skills in conjunction with my knowledge of banking and financial standards. State Bank’s commitment to excellent customer service and innovative banking solutions is an ideal fit for my driven work style.
I’m excited for the opportunity to contribute my skills to State Bank. My past successes include:
- Processed and recorded all transactions, maintaining 100% accuracy and compliance with bank regulatory standards
- Responded to customer requests and concerns with helpful education and solutions, contributing to a customer satisfaction rating of 95%
- Managed and resolved conflict and other difficult situations with empathy and discretion, earning the “Customer Service Excellence Award” in 2019
- Supported and contributed to branch sales and promotional goals and won six employee competitions over 24 months
The job description indicates that two years of bank teller experience is required. I have five years of experience and would enjoy working for State Bank.
My previous experience includes:
- Processed and recorded financial and banking transactions
- Responded to customer requests and concerns
- Managed and resolve conflict and difficult situations
- Supported and contributed to branch sales and promotional goals
The closing of your cover letter isn’t just where you thank the hiring manager for their time, but it’s an opportunity to restate your interest and make a strong final impression. Use your closing as a call to action that shows the hiring manager you’re ready for the next step. Directly ask the hiring manager to schedule an interview to strengthen your closing.
You can also include a postscript that highlights one final relevant achievement. This tactic can improve the visual appeal of your cover letter while ending it distinctively.
I’d love to meet to discuss how my qualifications can contribute to State Bank’s commitment to quality banking services. Please contact me with a date and time that suits your schedule.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about how I won a math competition in college!
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to hear from you soon.