Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Administrative Assistant | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Home Street, San Francisco, CA 12345
January 11, 2021
Dear Mr. Marsden,
At the Lam Family College of Business, I was recognized as the top-performing student on the Business Administration degree course. I believe that my hardworking approach, attention to detail, and outstanding technical knowledge earned me this accolade. I hope that these skills will make me a valuable addition to the administrative team at Albourne Partners.
As a driven individual that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, I am drawn to Albourne Partners’ reputation for excellent customer satisfaction. My most significant achievements to date include:
- Achieved 95% positive feedback for verbal and written communication in my formal assessments
- Scored consistently highly for proficiency when using business software, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Praised six times for time management and multi-tasking ability while on placement
I am looking forward to discussing how my skills and experience can help further Albourne Partners’ outstanding reputation for providing client-centered services. Please let me know of a convenient interview date when you have the chance.
P.S. I would love to tell you how I achieved an average score of 99% for Travel Management at LFCB.
Administrative Assistant | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 222 My Street, San Francisco, CA 56789
January 14, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Olsen,
Reducing events expenses by 45% last year by sourcing the most cost-effective yet high-quality venues was the most significant achievement of my career so far. I am excited to offer the same efficiency and strategic skills in an administrative role at Robert Half.
As a professional and driven administrative assistant with three years of industry experience, I am drawn to Robert Half’s reputation for unbeatable customer service. I feel that my attention to detail and results-orientated work ethic make me the perfect fit for your organization. Some of my recent achievements include:
- Receiving written recognition for providing outstanding administrative support to the Senior Leadership Team
- Redesigning the stock inventory system to reduce waste by 35% in 2020
- Achieving a consistent client satisfaction rate of over 95% since starting my current role
I would like to arrange a meeting to discuss how my abilities and professional knowledge can help colleagues and clients at Robert Half. Please let me know what time and date are convenient.
P.S. Let me tell you why my colleagues voted me Employee of the Year in 2019.
Administrative Assistant | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 2 Stanley Street, Worcester, MA 97225
January 12, 2021
Dear Ms. Smith,
During my seven-year tenure as an administrative assistant for Xavier Financial, I exceeded expectations by implementing a digital organization practice which saved the company nearly $4,000 in yearly expenses. My hope is to bring the same initiative to ABC Company by taking on the Administrative Assistant position.
A self-starter who excels at running an efficient office environment by prioritizing various duties, I bring a creative and dedicated work ethic to the role. In addition, my accomplishments include:
- Preparing email correspondence, memos, and weekly reports for management
- Overseeing expense and travel reports as well as managing the daily calendars for senior staff
- Directing office traffic flow and connecting customers with the appropriate staff
- Utilizing Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
I’m looking forward to discussing in more detail how I can use my skills to create a calm and effective office environment for you, your staff, and your customers. Please let me know the most convenient time to talk.
P.S. I’d also like to tell you why the Administrative Assistant Certificate I received in 2017 showcases my success.
Administrative Assistant | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 333 Address Street, San Francisco, CA 84848
January 13, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Mr. Baker,
Winning an Admin Award for administrative excellence in 2019 was my proudest professional achievement so far. My colleagues nominated me because of my driven work ethic and excellent teamwork skills. I hope to bring the same professionalism and passion to Randstad US.
I know that you are looking for a strong communicator with extensive ADP software experience. I believe that my outstanding written and verbal communication skills and 12 years of experience in payroll administration software makes me the perfect candidate. Some of my past achievements include:
- Successfully training three new administrator assistants who all went on to become valued full-time staff members
- Leading a team that provided outstanding support to management, contributing to a productivity increase of 25% in 2020
- Redesigning the calendar system to improve the appointment booking process and reduce meeting overlaps.
I would love to meet to discuss how my extensive experience and broad skillset can help Randstad meet its productivity goals in 2021. Please feel free to get in contact to arrange a suitable appointment.
P.S. I’d be happy to provide details about my written recognition for outstanding service to clients and colleagues last year.
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Checklist
A successful administrative assistant cover letter should have five key elements:
1. Heading. Make it easy for hiring managers to scan your contact information by using an attractive template for the address block. At a minimum, every header should contain your name, professional title (if applicable), contact information, the date you wrote the letter, and contact information for the recipient.
2. Salutation. If you know the name of the hiring manager, use it in your greeting. Address the person as Mr. or Ms. Last Name. Use “Dear Hiring Manager” if you can’t find out who’s filling the position.
3. Introduction. Write an opening paragraph that makes the reader want to know more about you. Be sure the introduction explains why you’re interested in the job.
4. Body paragraphs. Write at least two paragraphs that explain why your education, skills, and work experience make you qualified for the job. Don’t repeat the same information that can be found in your resume. Instead, write something entirely new to persuade the hiring manager you’re a good fit for the role.
5. Closing. Use the closing paragraph to ask the hiring manager to contact you for an interview. Reiterate your interest in the job and end the letter with a professional closing.
It’s important to write a compelling introduction to ensure the hiring manager continues reading. To do that, choose an achievement from your resume and work it into the opening paragraph of your administrative assistant cover letter. The achievement you highlight should be something measurable to help the hiring manager understand the positive impact you had in a previous role. Avoid generic statements about what degree you have or how many years you’ve been working as an administrative assistant because they take up valuable space that could be used in better ways.
I have been an administrative assistant for 10 years and during that time gained valuable experience in managing inventory. I look forward to bringing what I’ve learned in my previous role to Smithfield Production.
Your cover letter’s body should explain why you’re interested in the job and the hiring organization. Give specific reasons for your interest rather than writing vague statements or repeating information from your resume.
Next, review your accomplishments and choose some to highlight in your cover letter. The achievements should have measurable outcomes, such as the amount of revenue generated, percentage of money saved, or number of staff members supported in each role. If you’ve led successful projects or received promotions based on your work’s quality, these would be ideal achievements to highlight.
It would be an honor to bring my knowledge and skills to the Ronald McDonald House team. My previous achievements include:
- Reducing meeting cancellations by 24% by implementing a new scheduling system
- Selecting and implementing new office productivity software, increasing efficiency by 18% in just three months
- Training clerical staff on a new project-management tool, reducing cost overruns by 12% in the first month of use
My 10 years of experience would be an asset to your team. I meet this requirement and would love to work for the Ronald McDonald House.
A strong closing should do more than sum up what you’ve already written. It should compel the hiring manager to contact you for an interview. The best way to do this is to include a strong call to action at the end of the cover letter. Avoid making vague statements or closing the letter without asking the hiring manager to act quickly.
As a final punch, include a P.S. at the end of the letter. The P.S. should highlight another one of your achievements, not just summarize your experience or skills. Including a P.S. draws attention to the closing, giving you another chance to impress the reader.
P.S. I’d love a chance to tell you about the time I prevented a clerical employee from making a $103,000 mistake.
Thank you for your time and attention. I look forward to hearing from you about this position.