Account Manager Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Business Administration Graduate | [email protected] | (432) 109-8765 | 432 Second Road, San Francisco, CA 43210
March 26, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Lowe,
During my final year at the University of San Francisco, I was singled out by my assessor as the strongest student in my cohort on the Services Marketing module. They praised my outstanding knowledge of marketing strategies and insights on how to ensure brand loyalty. I hope to apply this knowledge as an Account Manager at Ayden.
As a motivated and energetic new graduate with a well-developed understanding of digital services marketing, the opportunity to work for a market leader like Ayden is compelling to me. I believe that my recent accomplishments show that I have the skills to help Ayden continue to grow its online payments platform in 2021. These include:
- Achieving a score of 98% in my Marketing Planning and Strategy module
- Being trusted to deliver engaging product demonstrations during my practicum placement and successfully securing $20k of new business
- Receiving praise during my appraisal from my placement manager for my outstanding customer service skills and teamwork
I am excited to meet to discuss how my drive and abilities can help Ayden deliver incredible service to its new and existing customers this year. Please get in contact to arrange an appointment.
P.S. I would love to explain why my professor used my Multicultural Marketing coursework as a teaching exemplar this year.
Account Manager | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 55 Address Street, Akron, OH 01234
March 1, 2021
Dear Mr. Sanders,
Maintaining and nurturing business relationships to gain trust, referrals, and repeat business is one of my biggest accomplishments during my 2+ years as an account manager. Now, I’m interested in bringing my success to Advocate Solutions.
I was enthusiastic to learn of Advocate Solutions’ goals for national growth and future potential for exciting career opportunities. I would like to bring my experience in problem resolution and my ability to execute marketing and sales plans to your organization.
Some of my past successes include:
- Overseeing and managing 50+ accounts while prospecting up to 200 companies
- Selecting a pitch team and developing our presentation strategy, resulting in a 38% win rate of new accounts
- Creating appealing new visual merchandise materials to attract new customers
I’d like to set up an interview to discuss my past achievements and how I can use my experience to help further Advocate Solutions’ growth plans. Please let me know when you are available to meet.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about how I was promoted within my company from Administrative Assistant to Assistant Account Manager and then moved into my current Account Manager position.
Account Manager | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address Ave., Chicago, IL 60602
January 1, 2021
BBB Corporate Services
Dear Mr. Abbyson,
Over the course of eight years at my current company, I have been humbled by the chance to work with several Fortune 500 clients and thrilled that I found success while doing so. My hope is that I can continue down that path of achievement at BBB Corporate Services.
I have long been impressed at both your organization’s reputation and the clients with which it works. Past successes like the below are examples of what I can bring to the table for those clients and your organization:
- Acted as lead negotiator on numerous multimillion-dollar deals
- Trained three up-and-coming account managers, who have all received promotions of their own
- Increased business volume from my current company’s top-tier clients by 200% over three years
I’d truly appreciate the opportunity for an interview with you, which would give us a chance to discuss how I can boost BBB Corporate Services’ capabilities in more detail. At your convenience, please let me know if there is a window in the near future that works for your schedule.
Darnell Darnoldson, MBA
P.S. I’d love to tell you about the new client-evaluation metric I developed in my current role!
Account Manager | [email protected] | (876) 543-2109 | 543 My Road, San Francisco, CA 90878
March 26, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Cannon,
Last year, I spearheaded a project to create a new set of promotional and educational materials that generated a 23% revenue increase. My strong leadership style and comprehensive product knowledge allowed me to lead my team to success. I hope to bring the same vision and industry expertise to the role of Account Manager at Figma.
As a seasoned account manager with 11+ years’ experience in the online design tool sector, the opportunity to contribute to the success of an innovative and fast-growing company like Figma appeals to me. I believe that the following attributes demonstrate that I can be an asset to your account management team:
- Achieving a 98% customer retention rate in 2020 thanks to my strong relationship management skills and outstanding customer service
- Growing revenue from existing clients by 32% by anticipating their business needs and suggesting additional applications of the company’s products and services
- Receiving a workplace commendation for identifying a major new business opportunity after analyzing client feedback
I look forward to meeting you to discuss how my extensive experience can help Figma grow its client portfolio in 2020. Please feel free to get in touch to arrange a convenient interview.
P.S. I would love to tell you why I was voted Employee of the Year in 2019.
Account Manager Cover Letter Checklist
The ideal account manager cover letter includes five main elements:
1. Heading. This is where you state essential details, including your name, title, contact information, and the date the letter was written. It should also include the addressee’s details. A professional template ensures this information stands out.
2. Salutation. Greet the hiring manager by name whenever possible. It’s best to use Mr. or Ms. and their last name, but “Dear Hiring Manager” is the best option if you don’t have that information.
3. Introduction. Your opening paragraph needs to pique the hiring manager’s interest while also introducing yourself and your interest in the position.
4. Body paragraphs. These two paragraphs are where you detail your professional skills, experiences, and education. Only include accomplishments that are relevant to the job, and consider using a bulleted list so the hiring manager can take in your qualifications at a glance.
5. Closing section. Your final paragraph is where you encourage the hiring manager to invite you for an interview. A postscript is a clever addition that can highlight one final accomplishment and leave a lasting impression.
Your opening paragraph needs to express your interest in the account manager position. It should also capture the interest of the hiring manager so that they continue reading. The best way to do this is to build your introduction around one of your key achievements. A relevant accomplishment will demonstrate your suitability for the position. Choose something that’s quantifiable rather than a generic fact about your education that can be found in your resume.
My name is Mahmud Azad, and I’m writing to express my interest in the account manager position you recently advertised. I have eight years of experience as an account manager and am well-suited to the position.
Begin the body of your cover letter by expressing admiration for the organization that’s hiring. You should also express your interest in the position again. Use specific details to demonstrate to the hiring manager that you’ve researched their company.
Next, detail your relevant skills and experiences. Focus on quantifiable accomplishments that have a positive outcome to show the success that you can achieve. You can include successful projects, educational degrees, or promotions.
I’m excited to help the NG Industries team achieve new growth. My past successes include:
- Updating client onboarding processes, which improved customer retention rates by 46%
- Leveraging a strong understanding of my clients’ needs to upsell new products that satisfy those needs, resulting in an additional $850,000 revenue annually
- Renewing 100% of client accounts by always exceeding client expectations
My current responsibilities include:
- Building relationships with clients
- Generating and converting sales leads
- Cultivating a thorough understanding of the company’s products
Your closing paragraph should encourage the hiring manager to take the step of scheduling an interview with you. If you limit yourself to thanking them for their time and attention, you’ve missed an opportunity.
An additional strategy is using a postscript to highlight one final achievement. This accomplishment can refer to volunteer work or an award, as long as it’s relevant to the position. It draws the eye of the hiring manager and helps ensure they remember you and your skillset.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about being named the company’s top account manager two years in a row!