Stay-At-Home Mom Resume Examples
Years of Experience
1430 Gulf Boulevard, Sand Key, FL 33767
Knowledgeable in all aspects of land management policy and the preservation of open space. Team player with history of collaborating with naturalists, planners and conservationists to address local and state issues facing communities in the state of Florida.
- Planning and research
- Problem solving
- Report production
- Presentation and communication of complex ideas
- Design support
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
MBA 2008 – 2010
The Wharton School, Philadelphia PA 2008 – 2010
Bachelor of Science, Environmental Sciences & Policy
Nicholas School Of The Environment, DUKE UNIVERSITY, Durham, NC 2004 – 2008
Land Conservancy of Florida, Orlando, FL
July 2010 to April 2013
- Worked with planners, naturalists, and conservations to examine opportunities for land preservation and stewardship
- Developed critical habitat conservation and management plan for threatened and endangered species
- Completed trail designs for small community parks
- Developed stream restoration project to protect drinking water supply
- Made recommendations to stakeholders using various design and presentation tools to make them accessible to the public as well as to government leaders
Volunteer, Citizens Campaign for the Environment, Durham, NC
2006 to 2008
- Participated in campaigns geared towards educating the public about environmental issues
- Lobbied politicians
- Attended public hearings
- Grassroots campaigning
#8 The Parkway, Boulder, CO 80301
Certified medical coder with 7 years of progressive experience assigning ICD and CPT codes to patient medical records. Maintained 96% accuracy per 150 daily claims. Strengths include strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail.
Supervisor, Medical Coding – Boulder Emergency Care, Boulder, Colorado
June 2011 – July 2014
- Supervised staff of 5 medical coders responsible for coding medical records for documentation related to disease or symptoms and diagnosis descriptions for emergency services
- Maintained personal accuracy record of 98% and departmental accuracy record of 96%
- Maintained consistent daily departmental production of greater than 300 reviews per day
Medical Coder/HCC Coding – Boulder Family Practice, Boulder, Colorado
November 2008 — June 2011
- Reviewed patient medical records to verify and insure appropriate and accurate diagnosis and procedural data in compliance with CMS and state specific guidelines
- Utilized all correct coding initiatives for each and every insurance policy as well as state law requirements
- Reviewed EOB’s for patient insurance carriers and completed appropriate paperwork to appeal denials
Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology
Arapahoe Community College, Littleton, CO 2006-2008
- Medical terminology
- Data entry and management
- Speed typing
- Decision making
- Time management
- Certified Professional Coder CPC
223 Beagle Court, San Diego, CA 92107
Compassionate, empathetic attorney specializing in family law. Skilled at negotiation and mediation and dedicated to effecting peaceful resolutions that preserve essential family relationships while at the same time ensuring fair and just treatment of my clients.
Associate, Germaine and Associates, San Diego, CA
2009 to 2015
- Successfully represented clients in all areas of family law including divorce, custody, paternity, child support, alimony, distribution of assets and debts
- Drafted and reviewed all pleadings, legal research, oral arguments
- Conducted discovery
- Participated in mediation and litigation for thousands of families
Family Law Attorney, Harris, Bogart and Smith, Encino, CA
2004 to 2009
- Created and drafted all forms necessary for family law cases
- Met with clients
- Conducted legal research
- Created and drafted all required legal pleadings
- Represented clients in negotiations and litigation, including court hearings and trials
Pepperdine Caruso School of Law, Malibu, CA 2001-2004
Bachelor of Arts, English
College of William And Mary, Williamsburg, VA 23185 1997-2001
- Interact with clients directly
- Well versed in legal research
- California Bar
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Stay-At-Home Mom Resumes
Stay-at-home moms come from diverse backgrounds and have a wide range of skills, and the time that they spent away from their professions to care for children or family matters does nothing to negate the abilities that they had when they first entered the workforce and that they gained during their working years. If you are preparing a resume to return after a significant interval of time, you’ll be best served by detailing the skills you used previously and supplement them with any additional attributes you’ve gained in the years in between.
No matter what type of position you’re applying for, there are certain skills and proficiencies that every employer wants to see, and by including them on your resume you’ll not only make yourself an attractive job candidate but will also manage to avoid being filtered out by the automated Applicant Tracking System that many employers use. When preparing your resume, be sure to include as many of the following skills and action verbs as are appropriate.
|Key Skills & Proficiencies|
|Communication skills||Critical thinking|
|Problem solver||Time management|
Tips for Writing a Better Stay-At-Home Resume
Write a professional profile that helps you stand out
No matter what your educational and professional background, it’s normal to be concerned that the years between now and your last job are going to become the focus of a recruiter’s attention. The best way to get around that dynamic is to grab them with the way that you describe yourself in your professional profile. It’s how you make a good first impression. Focus on your skills and characteristics.
Sales professional with record of success.
Elementary teacher with certification in special education.
Quantify your experience that emphasizes previous success
There are some professions for which success is gauged by the metrics, and if you originally worked in one of those careers, you can offset any hesitation about your years “out of the office” by providing hard numbers showing just how good you were at the job.
Strong negotiation skills
How to Align Your Resume with the Job Description
No matter what the job you’re applying for, by carefully reviewing and echoing the language used in the job description you can position yourself as a top contender. If your presentation of your skills and experience is closely matched to the hiring company’s self-description, you give yourself a significant boost against other people competing for the job, even if you have been out of the market for several years.
Accomplishing this requires a bit of extra work, but it is well worth it. Start with your already-existing, strong resume, then sit down with the recruitment advertisement for the position you are interested in and highlight all of the terms, skills, and adjectives that personalize the ad. These words and phrases tell you exactly what is most important to the employer. Once you have identified these terms, simply edit them into your resume where appropriate. By using the same or similar terms that they did, you automatically make yourself seem like exactly the candidate that they are looking for and significantly improve your chance of getting in the door for an interview.
Example Job Description
Company that develops business communication strategies for clients has an opening for an extroverted individual seeking a career in marketing. Perfect for individuals with little or no experience required or seeking a career change. We provide personalized training that will help you grow with our company and assume more responsibilities over time.
- Participate in industry knowledge training sessions
- Observe and learn communications best practices
- Approach potential customers and initiate conversations about clients
- Apply sales strategies to build quick relationships and close sales
- High school diploma
- Strong work ethic
- Optimistic attitude
- Ability to learn
The company advertising for this marketing and sales position makes clear in its language that they are looking for an individual who is:
- A quick study
Editing your resume to match your personal traits to this job description would likely put you on the top of the hiring manager’s list of potential candidates. Here’s how a strong resume reflecting this company’s needs might look
Stay-At-Home Mom Work Experience Example
Persimmon’s Gourmet Supplies, Washington, D.C., 2010 – 2012
- Approached clients in a friendly way and interacted with them to educate about gourmet products available in the store
- Trained on unique attributes and uses of all products and merchandise for sale in order to guide and encourage customer purchases
- Maintained awareness of all product information and promotions, quickly advancing to lead sales associate based on quickly consuming information provided.
- Provided superior customer service, always projecting an upbeat, attitude while offering samples and lessons on how to use products