Sales Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Sales Representative | [email protected] | (678) 901-2345 | 345 My Avenue, Columbus, OH 01234
February 11, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Neal,
Last fiscal quarter, I achieved a customer retention rate of 95% while growing my client base by 22%. My expert knowledge of my company’s product range and ability to build meaningful professional connections inspired confidence and loyalty in my clients. I hope to bring the same level of growth to the sales representative role at Sears.
Sears’ dedication to understanding local homeowners’ needs is an ideal setting for a representative with my skills and three years of sales experience. As a driven individual with in-depth local knowledge, I hope to help Sears significantly increase its revenue in 2021. My most recent achievements include:
- Designing a local market research project to improve targeting of products and services, resulting in a revenue increase of 43% in 2020
- Achieving consistent sales figures of $30,000 and above every fiscal quarter
- Converting 81% of new leads into actual sales, with 62% becoming repeat customers
I’d like to explore with you how my strong sales technique and strategic planning abilities can make me a valuable addition to the Sears sales team. Please let me know a suitable interview date.
P.S. I am excited to share why I was named Salesperson of the Month in January 2021!
Sales Executive | [email protected] | (917) 476-8365 | 92 Southern Road., Rochester, NY 14622
February 12, 2021
Senior Hiring Officer
The Big Sales Company
Dear Ms. Young,
I have worked as a sales executive at Small Sales for four years, and during this time, my contribution has assisted the firm’s 30% sale increase. I have achieved this success as a result of my natural aptitude for sales, knowledge of marketing, and innovative business mind. With my sales proficiency and dedication, I can assure you I would be an asset to The Big Sales Company team.
With seven years of industry experience and a bachelor’s degree in marketing, I was drawn to the sales executive position at The Big Sales Company because of its reputation for innovation and focus on digital marketing as I believe my personal ethos aligns perfectly with The Big Sales Company ethos. To further highlight my aptitude for sales, my previous career highlights include:
- Devised and implemented an innovative social media strategy, which increased online presence and increased sales by 15%
- Increased the loyalty and satisfaction of existing customers by 10% in one year
I would like to arrange an interview to further discuss the sales executive position at The Big Sales Company and explain how my unique skill set can benefit your team.
P.S. — I’d also like to tell you about how I successfully spearheaded a new digital sales strategy.
Sales Manager | [email protected] | (836) 183-2648 | 12 Western Avenue, New York, NY 10027
February 12, 2021
Dear Mr. Davis,
As sales manager at The 456 Agency, I have exceeded my monthly quotas for the last three years and increased annual sales by 20% over two years. These successes were a result of my dedicated nature, exceptional leadership skills, and dedication to my career. With these skills and my passion for sales, I know I could be a valuable asset to the team at 123 Corporations.
I was attracted to the position at 123 Corporations because of its recent expansion into the medical supply field. I feel my past work with hospital suppliers and experience in the health care niche can benefit the company. If I were to secure a position at 123 Corporation, I can assure you I would be a valuable addition to the team. My previous industry achievements include:
- Implementing an innovative marketing strategy to improve health care industry positioning resulting in a 20% increase in sales of two years
- Devising successful social media strategies to increase online presence
I would love to discuss how my skills and experience can benefit 123 Corporations. Feel free to contact me to schedule a suitable time.
P.S. — I’d also love to explain how I manage a team of 20 sales executives.
Sales Cover Letter Checklist
A effective sales cover letter includes five main elements:
1. Heading. State your contact details, along with your name and title. It should also state the addressee’s details and the date the letter was written. A professional template helps this information stand out.
2. Salutation. It’s always best to greet the hiring manager by name using Mr. or Ms. and their last name. If you can’t find their name in the job ad or on the company website, use “Dear Hiring Manager” instead.
3. Introduction. Pique the hiring manager’s interest by including a past achievement while introducing yourself and your desire for the position.
4. Body paragraphs. This is the bulk of your letter and the section where you really sell yourself. Use the two paragraphs to describe your experience, skills, and education, choosing examples relevant to the position. A bulleted list can help break up the paragraphs and focus the hiring manager’s attention.
5. Closing section. Use the closing section as a call to action that encourages the hiring manager to arrange an interview. A postscript can be an impactful last step that helps the hiring manager remember you.
You need to present yourself favorably, indicating to the hiring manager that you’re a stellar candidate for the job opening. The best way to accomplish this goal is to build your opening paragraph around one of your top achievements. Choose an accomplishment that’s relevant to the job opening and quantifiable. Basic facts that can be found on your resume, such as the number of years you’ve been in sales, should be avoided.
Leveraging my networking skills to build relationships that became new, viable sales leads, resulting in $735,000 of additional revenue over 12 months, was one of my biggest achievements as a sales representative. I aim to bring similar success to ECG Industries.
I’m writing to express my interest in the sales representative position you recently advertised. I have nine years of experience selling different products and believe I would be a good fit for your team.
Begin the body of your cover letter by expressing your interest in the position and the organization advertising the position. State what you admire about the organization, and mention specifics about why the job is of interest to you — demonstrating that you’ve done your research.
The next paragraph is where you detail your professional accomplishments. You can include certifications, promotions, or successful projects, just make sure that everything is relevant to the job. Remember that the hiring manager wants to know what you can bring to their organization, so focus on quantifiable accomplishments with positive outcomes to give a clear idea of your potential for success in the role.
With nine years of B2B sales experience, I’m drawn to ECG Industries’ reputation for quality products. ECG’s focus on helping their customers grow their businesses is ideal for my focused work style.
I look forward to helping the ECG team continue expanding. My past successes include:
- Regularly exceeding sales targets, reaching an average of 115% quota achievement over the last five years
- Mentoring new sales employees and training them in pitching, presenting, and deal closing, with these employees achieving 11% higher sales than other new employees
- Successfully managed two territories, increasing the client base in both by more than 25%
I noticed you’re looking for someone with extensive B2B experience. I have been selling to businesses for more than nine years and have the experience to help your company succeed.
Currently, my responsibilities include:
- Selling software products to business customers
- Cultivating new leads
- Helping train new sales staff
The conclusion of the cover letter is where you close the deal. Simply thanking the hiring manager for their attention is a lost opportunity. Instead, encourage the hiring manager to invite you for an interview.
Consider using a postscript to highlight a final achievement that compels the hiring manager to call. This can be a professional achievement, volunteer work, or an award, as long as it’s relevant to the sales position. This strategy draws the eye and can help the hiring manager remember you.
I’d like the opportunity to sit down with you to discuss how my sales experience can help ECG Industries become a leader in the market. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with a time that suits your schedule.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about using my sales skills to fundraise more than $500,000 for youth charities.
Thank you for taking the time to consider my application for the sales representative position. If I can help you any further, please contact me.