Personal Trainer Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Certified Personal Trainer | [email protected] | (765) 432-1098 | 420 My Avenue, Eugene, OR 08642
April 13, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Woodward,
During my gym internship, I devised and ran a group class to improve strength and mobility for clients aged 60 and over. A total of 87% of participants reported a significant reduction in joint pain, and 92% signed up for a second course after the initial 12-week cycle. I hope to demonstrate similar innovation and target group knowledge as a personal trainer at Planet Fitness.
As a newly qualified fitness professional with an energetic and engaging interpersonal style, I would relish the opportunity to work for an industry leader like Planet Fitness. I believe that my recent achievements on my CPT course show that I have the skills to succeed in your company. These include:
- Receiving praise 5x from my assessor for my detailed knowledge of program personalization techniques for people with chronic health conditions
- Achieving 98% positive feedback from clients during my placement at Crunch Fitness
- Scoring 118/120 during my final exam, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of client assessment, exercise technique, and program design
I would like to schedule an interview to explore how I can use my skills to provide outstanding service to Planet Fitness’ clients. Please get in touch to arrange a convenient meeting.
P.S. I would like to share how I sold over $1k of memberships during my practicum.
Personal Trainer | [email protected] | (876) 543-1098 | 246 Address Avenue, Topeka, KS 90123
April 9, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Genesis Health Clubs
Dear Ms. Powell,
Last year, 95% of my clients achieved their desired health and wellness goals, and 43% exceeded their targets. I believe that my motivational delivery and talent for generating effective, tailored programs made this success possible. I am excited to offer the same expertise as a personal trainer at Genesis Health Clubs.
As a dedicated personal trainer with 5+ years’ experience supporting clients in large commercial gyms, Genesis Health Clubs’ commitment to improving lives through high-quality fitness provision appeals to me. The following achievements demonstrate that I have the talent and knowledge to excel:
- Tailoring health and nutrition plans closely to meet the unique needs of each client, resulting in a 99% satisfaction rating in 2020
- Training 7 new hires last year to increase their knowledge of gym health and safety protocols
- Spearheading a community outreach campaign that increased gym memberships by 23% in just 4 months
I would like to meet to discuss how my experience and abilities can help Genesis Health Clubs meet its organizational aims in 2020. Please get in touch to arrange an interview appointment.
P.S. I would love to explain how I helped a member with type 2 diabetes reduce their symptoms through healthy eating and exercise habits.
Personal Trainer | [email protected] | (024) 680-2468 | 135 My Avenue, Fort Wayne, IN 00112
April 12, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Mr. Tait,
Last year, I organized and ran a promotional event that led to a membership increase of 13%. My manager praised my strong communication style and talent for building rapport with potential clients. I hope to bring the same growth and profitability as a personal trainer at 9Round.
As a dedicated fitness professional committed to promoting healthy lifestyles, 9Rounds’ track record for prioritizing the physical and mental well-being of its clients appeals to me. I believe that my six years of experience and talent for creating effective, personalized training plans make me the ideal fit for your organization’s aims.
My recent accomplishments show that I can help your members achieve their wellness goals while increasing the gym’s reputation and income. These include:
- Successfully converting 95% of free trial sessions into long-term memberships
- Devising and running three new fitness classes in 2020 that increased client retention by 32%
- Training four new hires to improve their understanding of safe exercise techniques for people with mobility problems
I would like to meet to discuss how my strong selling ability and extensive skills can benefit the 9Round community in 2021. Please feel free to get in touch to schedule a convenient appointment.
P.S. I would love to tell you why I was voted Trainer of the Year at my gym in 2020.
Personal Trainer | [email protected] | (332) 211-0099 | 420 Main Road, Topeka, KS 97531
April 13, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Mr. Gough,
Last year, I created and implemented a progress tracking system to encourage accountability among my gym’s clients. This initiative improved progression by 43%, and clients reported significantly improved self-esteem and motivation. I am excited to apply the same innovation as a senior trainer at Crunch Fitness.
As a seasoned personal trainer and certified yoga instructor with over 15 years of experience, I believe wholeheartedly in Crunch Fitness’ holistic approach to health and exercise. Your company’s client-focused atmosphere is the perfect environment for my advanced skill set.
My recent achievements include:
- Running a multi-branch training initiative that helped over 30 personal trainers improve their program personalization skills
- Generating more than $40k of additional revenue by upselling the company’s boot camps and referral scheme
- Streamlining the client booking system to slash appointment wastage by 86%
I would be delighted to meet with you to discuss how my comprehensive knowledge of training methods and outstanding leadership can benefit colleagues and clients at Crunch Fitness. Please contact me to arrange an interview.
P.S. I would love to tell you about the successful course I developed to improve senior community members’ fitness and mobility in 2020.
Personal Trainer Cover Letter Checklist
A compelling personal trainer letter should feature the following five elements:
1. Heading. An attractive, uncluttered template can help draw the hiring manager’s attention and make your application look more polished. Your heading should include:
- Your full name
- Your email address, phone number, and street address
- The hiring manager’s contact information
2. Salutation. Beginning your letter with “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable if you can’t find the name of the person responsible for recruitment. However, addressing the hiring manager by name — Mr. or Ms. [Last Name] — gives a better impression.
3. Introduction. A paragraph that showcases an attention-grabbing professional achievement and introduces yourself can help catch the hiring manager’s eye.
4. Body paragraphs. The main body of your letter should explain why you’re a good fit for the role by presenting your most relevant achievements, education, and abilities. A bulleted list can make your letter more readable and makes it easy for the hiring manager to absorb the essential points.
5. Closing section. Finish your letter with a compelling call to action — in this case, you want the hiring manager to get in touch to arrange an interview. You should also finish with a P.S containing another important career achievement to ensure your application sticks in the manager’s mind.
Your cover letter’s introduction is crucial for gaining the hiring manager’s full attention. You can make the opening more persuasive by starting with the most significant professional achievement from your resume. You should also express your interest in working for the company you’re writing to. The ideal achievement to start with is one that you can quantify with hard data.
I am a knowledgeable personal trainer with three years of experience, making me the perfect candidate for a role at UFit.
The first of your body paragraphs should explain precisely why you’re interested in the position and company you’re applying with. This allows you to show admiration for the organization and demonstrate that you understand its values and goals.
Next, you should describe some professional accomplishments that show your suitability for the vacancy. For example, you could include positive outcomes for your clients, ways you’ve increased revenue for your gym, or any recent educational achievements. The most suitable accomplishments are ones you can back up with statistical proof. Don’t simply provide a list of your current job responsibilities.
My recent achievements demonstrate that I have the skills and experience to excel in a fast-paced environment like UFit. These include:
- Growing the gym’s customer base by 32% in 2020 while retaining 98% of existing clients
- Designing and leading a prenatal fitness course that generated over $10k of additional revenue in just 3 months
- Coaching three new hires in safe lifting practices, which resulted in an 85% reduction in injuries and accidents
In my current role, I am responsible for:
- Running orientation sessions with new clients
- Leading weight loss exercise groups
- Signing up new members and taking payments
Finish your letter with a compelling call to action, where you ask the hiring manager to invite you for an interview. It’s best to avoid vague statements of thanks.
Adding a P.S at the end of your letter with a final achievement can make your letter more memorable and motivate the hiring manager to schedule an interview to find out more. It also lets you squeeze in one more reason why you’re the ideal candidate for the job.
P.S. I’d love to tell you why my gym named me Trainer of the Month in March 2020.