Janitor Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Construction Worker | [email protected] | (123) 456-1234 | 2021 Forward St., Roanoke, VA 24018
January 1, 2021
Crew Hiring Manager
Evert Construction Company Limited
Dear Mr. Mendez,
I’ve always wanted to work with my hands and build things that last, so my high school career counselor wisely encouraged me to pursue a career in construction. I see that you are looking for an entry-level worker, and I’m confident that I would be your ideal candidate.
During high school, I enjoyed several classes that confirmed my aptitude and excitement for industrial arts. I developed skills in:
- Construction technology: I earned an A in classes covering project planning, layout, design, and new and remodeling construction.
- Physical fitness: I excelled in my Physical Education classes as I practiced bodybuilding and rock wall climbing.
- Mathematics: Once I realized how much math integrates into construction, algebra and geometry became some of my favorite subjects.
I can bring my youth, strength, natural talent, and teachable attitude to help build your construction team. Please feel free to contact me to set up an interview at your earliest convenience.
P.S. – My high school teacher praised my knack for drywall finishing, and I’d love the opportunity to show you.
Lonnie R. Snavely
Drywall Worker | [email protected] |(000) 123-4567 | 431 Simple Road, East Lansing, MI 48823
January 1, 2021
CEO & Hiring Manager
Customized Building Design & Remodeling, Inc.
Dear Mr. Flanders,
In my 3+ years of experience installing and finishing drywall, my supervisors have called me a model employee for my reliability and willingness to try new things. I see that you are urgently seeking a drywall installer & finisher, and I’d love the opportunity to contribute to your company’s ongoing success in this position.
In my apprenticeship, I’ve developed the skills to perform my tasks with precision. I have solid skills in:
- Collaboration: I can work with ceiling tile installers and fellow drywall installers to build walls.
- Measurements: I can read designs and blueprints and saw, drill, or cut holes in panels accordingly.
- Application: I know how to smooth away excess plaster, cover nail and screw depressions, and sand areas for a smooth, seamless finish.
I’m confident that my skills and work ethic make me a great fit for your drywall team, and I’m ready to work as soon as you need me. Please feel free to contact me to set up a remote or in-person interview at your convenience.
P.S. – I’m sure that you’ll appreciate my excitement for working on stilts and scaffolding.
Construction Worker | [email protected] | (284) 593-2846 | 82 Acre Road, Cedar Rapids, IA 52338
June 2nd, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Shaw,
As a construction worker with eight years of industry experience, including power tools and team leadership experience, I have built a reputation as a knowledgeable and highly skilled worker. My dedicated work ethic and unique set of skills are qualities I hope to bring to the team at Ahrens Construction.
Ahrens construction is known for its exceptional working standards, highly experienced team, and dedication to reconstructing derelict buildings in the Cedar Rapids area. This ethos is what initially piqued my interest in the company.
As well as my extensive experience, some of my workplace achievements also hold me in good standing for this role. These achievements include:
- Assisted the project manager in leading a team of 30+ construction workers on a $1 million retail project
- Maintained a 100% safety record for eight years
- Trained five new construction workers
With my construction expertise and leadership experience, I think I would be an excellent addition to the Ahrens Construction team. For that reason, I would like to set up an interview to discuss my skill set further. I am available for an interview at your convenience.
P.S. I’d also love the opportunity to tell you about how I have been voted employee of the month 12 times in eight years!
Construction Worker | [email protected] | (526) 937-6258 | 7 Tree Lane, Livingston, MT 59047
June 1st, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Canyon Mountain Construction
Dear Ms. Watkins,
As a construction worker with ten years of experience working on multi-million dollar retail and municipal construction sites and an additional five years of experience in residential development, I have developed a range of relevant skills, which I think make me the ideal candidate for the construction worker role at Canyon Mountain Construction.
I was initially interested in the position at Canyon Mountain Construction due to the company’s focus on employee wellbeing and staff retention. The firm’s reputation for first-rate services and dedication to sourcing the most up-to-date and efficient equipment only further my interest in the company.
I believe my working values and personal ethos align perfectly with that of Canyon Mountain Construction. In addition, I pride myself on several working achievements, including:
- Training 20+ new team members over the last eight years
- Responsible for projects with budgets of over $1.5 million
I think I am the ideal candidate for the position at Canyon Mountain Construction. Therefore, I would like to arrange an interview to discuss further how my skills and experience can benefit the company.
P.S. I would also love to tell you about how I helped my current company become nominated for the prestigious Build America Award!
Janitor Cover Letter Checklist
You should include all of the following features in your janitor cover letter:
1. Heading. Use a professional template to make your cover letter look sleek and eye-catching. The heading should list:
- Your full name, job title, and contact details
- The date of writing
- The hiring manager’s contact information
2. Salutation. Ideally, you should start by addressing the hiring manager by their name — Dear Mr. or Ms. [Last Name]. Dear Hiring Manager is appropriate if you don’t know their name.
3. Introduction. Write an interesting introductory paragraph that explains who you are and why you want the job.
4. Body paragraphs. Write a couple of paragraphs detailing your most significant professional achievements, qualifications, and experience. Including a list of bullet points improves your letter’s readability and makes the information easier for the hiring manager to digest.
5. Closing section. Your conclusion should politely but directly ask for an interview invite. You could include an extra selling point as a P.S. to draw attention to your attributes as an employee.
The introduction is your first opportunity to get the hiring manager’s attention and explain why you want to apply for the vacancy. Begin by stating one of your most significant professional achievements to set the tone for the rest of your letter. The most suitable accomplishment to choose is one that you can back up with measurable results and is relevant to the job description. This is more effective than beginning with bland facts like your years of service.
As an efficient and hardworking janitor, I believe that I would be a good fit for SMA Healthcare.
Begin your body paragraphs by explaining exactly why you want the job and what draws you to the company you’re applying to. Detailing what you admire about the organization helps demonstrate that you share the same professional values.
You should also list some of the highlights from your resume. Include achievements that you can quantify with hard numbers, such as awards, certifications, and areas of responsibility. It’s best to steer clear of achievements that you can’t back up with quantifiable results.
As a knowledgeable janitor with over 12 years of experience in healthcare settings, I am excited to represent a company with an outstanding reputation for patient care. I believe that my detailed understanding of infection control and committed work ethic can help SMA Healthcare achieve its goal of providing cutting-edge treatment in a clean and inviting setting. My recent achievements include:
- Sourcing the best-value suppliers for cleaning products and negotiating favorable rates, reducing spending by 45% in 2020
- Implementing a strategic cleaning schedule that boosted efficiency by 56% over six months
- Training seven new starters to improve their knowledge of disinfection protocols
I know that you are looking for an experienced janitor to clean your hospital. As I have over 12 years of experience, I think I fit the bill. I currently hold the following responsibilities:
- Emptying trash cans and recycling and replacing bags and liners
- Cleaning communal and clinical areas following correct infection control procedures
- Vacuuming furniture and carpets and spot-treating stains
Finally, sign off with a call to action (CTA) explaining what you want the hiring manager to do next. Be direct and ask the hiring manager to get in touch to arrange an interview instead of just thanking them for reading your letter.
You should also consider adding a P.S. showcasing an extra accomplishment to pique the hiring manager’s curiosity. This eye-catching tip is an excellent way to point out as many of your key selling points as possible.
I would like to arrange a meeting to explore how my extensive experience and outstanding organizational skills can benefit SMA Healthcare’s patients and staff. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch to schedule an interview.
P.S. I would like to explain why I was chosen to contribute to my hospital’s cleaning policy consultation in 2019.
Thank you for taking the time to read my application. I look forward to finding out more about the position in the future.