Internship Cover Letter and Resume Example (Text Form)
Facts About This Resume:
- Candidate has no work experience related to the position, making it important to call out skills that show key abilities.
- Candidate is a student who is preparing to enter her senior year of college.
- Candidate has shown leadership by holding offices in campus clubs.
Click on the tabs to toggle between the example Resume and example Cover Letter
- Resume Example
- Cover Letter Example
123 Your Street, Boston, MA 12345
To obtain an internship in the marketing department of a technology company.
EducationBachelors of Arts in Marketing and Digital Advertising, (In Progress)
Emerson University, September 2019 — (Currently Attending)
Professional ExperienceBalloon Zoo, Boston, MA
Office Assistant, June 2017-September 2018
- Developed a marketing plan to be used for the purpose of acquiring SBA financing
- Managed files following ARMA recordkeeping standards
- Built and managed the BalloonZoo.com website
- Added coding to content on the Balloon Zoo website to ensure optimum placement with search engines
- Marketing plan preparation
- Accurately filing office documents
- Website building
- Coding and HTML
- Interpersonal communication
- Great attitude
- Ability to listen and follow directions
- Leadership skills
- President of the Emerson University Fencing Club
- Treasurer of the Emerson University Student Philanthropist's Club
Dear Mr. Cherry,
I'm a marketing major at Emerson University, minoring in digital advertising, and I'm reaching out to you today in response to your ad regarding the internship in your company's marketing department. My academic work and experience at my after-school jobs match up with the listed requirements for the position, such as keyword analysis and filing paperwork using ARMA recordkeeping standards.
I recently completed my junior year at Emerson where I have learned marketing best practices and participated in several clubs. I've held leadership positions in some of the clubs, such as President of the fencing club and Treasurer of the campus philanthropy club. I believe my leadership experiences in campus organizations will enhance my ability to perform well in an internship position with the Matcha Company.
Some courses I've taken and excelled in that are related to the open position include:
- Database Management
- Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship
- Managerial Accounting Principles
- Website Development
I assisted the owner of a local balloon business, Balloon Zoo, with the creation of a marketing plan to include in a business plan when seeking financing. I also maintained the business website and optimized the content so it performed well in internet searches.
I'm attaching my resume for your review and would love to meet with you for an interview. Thank you for taking the time to review my information.
All the best,