Hair Salon Receptionist Resume Examples
Years of Experience
345 Main Avenue, Myrtle Beach, SC 65432
Enthusiastic and professional recent graduate with volunteer experience providing administrative support in a busy clinic. Excellent organization and time-management skills and able to work independently and in collaboration with colleagues. Warm and friendly interpersonal style with strong communication ability in writing, in person, and over the telephone.
- Customer service
- Diary management
- Time management
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Fluent in French
Associate of Science in Business Administration
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA, Columbia, SC, September 2019 – June 2021
- Business Communications
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Business Management
Beauty Advisor, Sephora, Columbia, SC
January 2020 – Present
- Maintain a tidy and appealing store environment and manage stock levels to ensure availability to customers
- Welcome customers warmly and professionally and answer queries in-person and over the phone, receiving a 97% customer service rating in 2021
- Work collaboratively with teammates to achieve ambitious sales targets, meeting 99.5% of personal goals since February 2020
- Listen carefully to customers’ requirements and issues and suggest suitable hair care products for their hair type and budget
Administrative Volunteer, Traditions Health, Myrtle Beach, SC
June 2019 – September 2019
- Answered telephone inquiries following the organization’s etiquette protocols and forwarded calls to the correct department
- Filed confidential documents with 100% accuracy, strictly observing data protection guidelines
- Assisted the administrative team with scheduling appointments using the digital calendar system
- Processed incoming mail and redirected correspondence to the relevant practitioner
111 First St., San Francisco, CA 94061
Energetic, friendly, hard-working receptionist with 1.5 years of experience ready to help you manage your office duties. Strong communication skills, a typing speed of 80 WPM, and excellent attention to detail drive my ability to take care of your front desk adequately and efficiently.
Incomparable interpersonal skills allow me to welcome clients and have them instantly feel comfortable at the establishment. My success as a reception also comes from my power to work with a team to ensure we address all front-end responsibilities promptly and correctly.
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of scheduling
- Understanding of office management
- Information management
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
Associate’s of Arts in Business
LIBERTY UNIVERSITY, Lynchburg, VA, September 2020 – Current
Completed group projects and independent study related to the following:
- Business analysis
- Human resource management
Receptionist, Gary’s Tire Service, Oakland, CA
January 2020 – June 2021
- Greeted all customers who called or entered the building in a medium-traffic business
- Attentively addressed all customer questions and concerns with a 95% satisfaction rating
- Maintained all the necessary bookwork for scheduling appointments
- Deescalated distraught customers to heighten return customer rate
Assistant Coach, San Francisco Youth Sports, San Francisco, CA
April 2019 – December 2020
- Helped run a youth baseball team
- Taught children the basics of baseball
- Managed funding for the organization
- Acted as a role model and guide
- Assisted children by answering questions and working with them
- Responded to parent questions and concerns professionally
765 Main Road, Detroit, MI 32109
Collaborative and energetic hair salon receptionist with 7 years of experience delivering high-quality admin support in luxury Detroit salons. Superb telephone etiquette with a talent for managing digital booking systems for up to 10 stylists. Engaging and welcoming interpersonal style with a proven track record for building strong relationships and securing repeat customers.
Hair Salon Receptionist, Great Snips, Detroit, MI
September 2017 – Present
- Manage the salon’s digital calendar system and schedule client appointments, reducing diary conflicts by 89% over 3 years
- Respond to email and telephone inquiries promptly and professionally, receiving positive feedback 5x during performance reviews for communication etiquette
- Upsell the salon’s hair care range at the till, exceeding 65% of individual sales targets in 2021
- Process cash and card payments using the point-of-sale system and maintain accurate transaction records
Hair Salon Receptionist, Ulta Beauty, Detroit, MI
July 2014 – September 2017
- Built a warm and professional rapport with new and long-term customers, contributing to a retention increase of 53% in 2016
- Maintained accurate client records according to strict data protection protocols
- Promoted the salon’s special offers and loyalty scheme, leading to an uptake increase of 34% over 2 years
- Assisted with promotional events and assisted in sourcing cost-effective catering solutions
Associate of Science in Business Administration
WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY, Detroit, MI, September 2012 – June 2014
- Appointment management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Data protection
- Written and verbal communication
- Upselling and promotions
789 First Street, Durham, NC 27517
Friendly and experienced hair salon receptionist. Able to handle the needs of a large volume of clients. Understands the latest hair trends and treatments. Willing to take on a leadership position and assist in business development and office management.
Salon Receptionist, The Hair Shop, Charlotte, NC
March 2012 – Present
- Create and update training guides and on-boarding materials for new hires
- Up-sell hair products based on clients’ stated needs and preferences, leading to an average 5% increase in monthly product sales
- Research and implement a new scheduling software resulting in a $4,000 annual reduction in operating costs
- Develop and manage a hair donation program to benefit those suffering from hair loss
Junior Stylist, Bella’s Salon, Raleigh, NC
August 2010 – March 2012
- Worked with senior stylists to learn the best and most advanced hairstyling techniques and practices
- Maintained a client book of 15-20 regular clients and received frequent referrals
- Took responsibility for monitoring product supply levels and alerted shortages to management
Associate in Applied Science of Cosmetology
GASTON COLLEGE, Dallas, NC, September 2008 – May 2010
- Chemical quality control
- Personable and outgoing
- Highly organized
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Hair Salon Receptionist Resume
When you create a resume to become a receptionist at a hair salon, a hiring manager will briefly skim through your resume or use an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) that scans through your resume for phrases and keywords related to your job. Your resume won’t ever be read by the hiring manager if some of those keywords aren’t in your resume. Ideally, you want to naturally place as many of those keywords in your resume as possible.
|Key skills & proficiencies|
|Appointment booking||Attention to detail|
|Organizational skills||POS systems|
|Processing financial transactions||Record keeping|
Tips for Writing a Better Hair Salon Receptionist Resume
If you want to write a better resume, you should keep in mind the importance of quantifying your experience and the significance of your professional profile.
Quantify your receptionist experience to better showcase your success
Quantifying your receptionist experience, whether in a salon or not, gives a hiring manager a better perspective of your skills and experience. These numbers provide the hiring manager a greater understanding of your accomplishments and a more accurate depiction of your level of experience.
When you quantify your experience, you reduce the number of generalizations about your responsibilities, especially those that most other people in your field possess. Make sure you include a bulleted list of duties or accomplishments and incorporate a few of them that answer questions like “how much,” “how many,” or “what percent.” Prime examples are as follows:
Did my best to keep almost all customers happy.
Answered the phones all day at the salon.
Write a professional profile that stands out
Your professional profile may be the only portion of your resume read by the hiring manager. Make it stand out so the hiring manager will read it from start to finish or schedule an interview. Creating a profile should accurately summarize who you are, your most noteworthy accomplishments, and which attributes make you more qualified than the other candidates. Specifically, quantifying experience in your profile can help your profile to attract attention.
Detail-oriented receptionist is seeking a position with a hair salon as a front-end receptionist. Clients seemed to like me, and I helped reduce our in-office expenses.
Perfectionist looking for an opportunity to improve efficiency at Tawnya Hair Studio. I took a high volume of calls each day and never had a complaint.
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
Hiring managers have an average of 118 interested applicants, which means they have numerous talented and untalented candidates. They’ll skim through all those resumes to find the applicants who have the skills they desire and the attributes most suited for the position. By including the experience and skills listed in the job description on the ad, you’ll stand out. It shows you read the job description and have the skills the salon owner desires.
Some job descriptions are a page long, and you need to limit the length of your resume. Therefore, as you can imagine, you need to select only the skills and experience that will stand out and are most important. Start by including the requirements listed first since these are usually the most important.
Additionally, you should incorporate words used in the job description more than once. Your resume should state your ability to meet those requirements or note those as skills you possess. Prioritize your most impressive attributes while avoiding generalizations and repeating the description verbatim.
Below, you’ll discover the value of tailoring your resume based on the job description and will even learn from an example of how to do it correctly.
Example Hair Salon Receptionist Description
Bella Beauty & Hair is a staple in the greater San Antonio, TX, region. It’s not only a busy and well-recognized hair care and beauty salon, but Glass Door named it one of the top places to work in the San Antonio region three years in a row. We’re a team-oriented company in need of a receptionist who’s highly organized with a friendly disposition and willingness to work. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and superb technology adaptability. You’ll be the front face of our team, so we can’t stress enough that you’ll need to enjoy working with people.
- Schedule clients appointments based on staffing
- Greet visitors in a friendly tone
- Perform POS sales upon appointment completion
- Handle client concerns and questions
- Conduct inventory and order office supplies as necessary
- Answer phone calls
- Maintain a clean front desk
- High school diploma, but an associate’s or bachelors in business or a related field is preferred
- 1-3 years of office management, secretarial, or receptionist experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and tech-savvy
- Experience with booking tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulousness and punctuality
Based on the job description, the ideal candidate should have the following traits or experience:
- Greet clients
- POS sales
- Computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Scheduling experience
- Team oriented
Now, you use these skills to create your resume. Here’s an example of how:
Hair Salon Receptionist Work Experience Example
Great Cuts, April 2018 – June 2021
- Answered client calls
- Scheduled appointments
- Organized booking information
- Conducted POS sales
- Worked with the team for the salon to function
- Utilized my attention to detail to maintain all relevant documentation
- Greeted clients with a friendly disposition
- Used my strong computer skills to manage appointments, inventory, and more