According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual salary for cosmetologists was $27,630 in 2020. Jobs within this industry are expected to experience a 19% increase in growth over the next decade. Building a strong cover letter to complement your resume can make all the difference in securing your next interview. Crafting a document that focuses on your career achievements rather than generic job duties is essential for making a positive impact on hiring managers. Below, you’ll find cover letters for entry-level job seekers and cosmetologists with years of experience to aid you during your job search.
Cosmetologist Cover Letter Templates and Examples
Cosmetologist Cover Letter Checklist
A great nursing cover letter has five main elements:
1. Heading. Use a stylized template to improve the visual aesthetic of your document. Be sure to include the following pieces of information in your header:
- Your name, title, and contact info
- The date you sent the letter
- The addressee’s details
2. Salutation. Greet the hiring manager by Mr. or Ms. [Last Name]. If you can’t find the hiring manager’s name, use “Dear Hiring Manager” instead.
3. Introduction. Lead with a strong opening paragraph to grab the hiring manager’s attention. Open with an impressive accomplishment from your career that genuinely encapsulates your cosmetology expertise. If possible, try to quantify this achievement with a number to maximize its impact on the reader.
4. Body paragraphs. You’ll continue to feature your professional achievements in the subsequent body paragraphs. Quantify your experience with metrics or monetary figures whenever possible. It’s also important to describe how your background and skill sets align with the organization’s mission statement or reputation.
5. Closing section. Include a call-to-action that encourages the hiring manager to schedule an interview with you. Inviting potential employers to take the next step showcases your self-confidence and interest in the position. Be sure to thank the reader for their time in the final sentence.
To build a compelling introduction paragraph, you need to open with a key achievement that demonstrates your ability to create value for the companies that invest in you. Incorporating numbers will establish a sense of scope for the hiring manager and help to differentiate you from other applicants. For example, if you’ve managed to upsell products or services successfuly, make a point to clarify how much revenue you generated monthly or yearly. If you were working at a high-volume salon, specify how many customers you provided services to each day. Below, you’ll find an example to help you craft a strong introduction in your cover letter.
I’m a seasoned cosmetologist who is thrilled at the prospect of working for your salon. I believe that your company will provide proper compensation for a professional with my years of experience.
You want to continue highlighting your qualifications and achievements in the body paragraphs. Focus on drawing attention to accomplishments that you can complement with a hard number. You have a limited window to make an impression on the hiring manager, and incorporating metrics and monetary figures will help your information stand out on the page. Consider using a list of bullet points to help break up the paragraphs.
You’ll also want to mention the organization’s reputation or mission statement. Rather than solely focusing on the company, you should provide insights into how your professional experience matches their work culture. This will help to further differentiate yourself amidst the field of applicants. Below, you’ll find an example to help you craft your body paragraphs on your cover letter.
- Delivered beauty services to high-end clients generating over $200K in revenue for an upscale hair salon and spa
- Developed and built long-term relationships with customers and achieved client retention rates of over 80%
- Ensured compliance with infection prevention and COVID-19 safety protocols across all team members and clients
- Performed haircuts, facials, hair coloring, and other client beauty requests
- Developed friendly rapport with customers during services
- Worked to make sure all customers and staff wore masks at all times
You want to use your closing paragraph as a final opportunity to showcase how your experience can benefit the organization you’re applying to. Include a call-to-action (CTA) that opens the door for the hiring manager to contact you for an interview or additional information. It’s also important to be polite and thank the reader for their time and consideration in your last sentence. Communicating with professionalism can go a long way in making a strong impression. Below, you’ll find an example to help you write your closing paragraph.
I look forward to scheduling an interview with you to provide more insights into how my cosmetology and hair styling expertise can further the success of your beauty salon. You may contact me via phone or email at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Working for your salon has been a goal of mine for many years. I am ecstatic for the chance to work with your team and grow professionally. I can’t wait to learn more about the company in the coming weeks. Thanks.
Cosmetologist Text-Only Cover Letter Templates and Examples
Cosmetologist | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., New York, NY 12345
January 1, 2022
21st Street Beauty Professionals
Dear Mr. Roberts,
As you can see from my attached resume, I’m a licensed cosmetologist with five years of professional experience. Over the course of my career, I’ve provided high-quality beauty services to a diverse client base. My ability to build long-term relationships with customers improved client retention by over 40% for Brooklyn Beauty Salon. I believe that I can help improve revenue and client satisfaction for your organization as the new cosmetologist.
21st Street Beauty Professionals’ reputation for delivering an inclusive customer experience that caters to clients from all walks of life is what draws me to apply for this position. I am confident that I can continue to further the success of your salon based on my career accomplishments:
- Built relationships with clients by providing appropriate recommendations for hair and beauty services based on individual needs and long-term goals
- Upsold products and services and provided education on coloring, maintenance, and hairstyles, which generated $2K to 3K in additional revenue per month
- Performed eyelash treatments, facials, and haircutting services for over 500+ clients and achieved positive customer service scores of 95%
I look forward to telling you more about how my sales and customer service skills can enhance your business. Feel free to contact me for follow-up information at your earliest convenience. I appreciate your time and consideration.
Craft your perfect resume in minutes
Get 2x more interviews with Resume Builder. Access Pro Plan features for a limited time!