College Cover Letter and Resume Example (Text Form)
Facts About This Resume:
- Candidate has experience with relevant software and programming languages
- Candidate has applicable degree and educational background
- Candidate has relevant work and internship experience
Click on the tabs to toggle between the example Resume and example Cover Letter
- Resume Example
- Cover Letter Example
123 Your Street, Los Angeles, CA 12345
Creative, reliable web developer seeking entry-level job building websites from concept through final UX, including layout, navigation and coding. Proficient in multimedia Web design tools, writing code, and scripting languages.
EducationBachelors of Science in Computer Science (Expected June 2020)
UCLA - University of California Los Angeles, LOS ANGELES, CA | GPA 3.82
- Data Structures Concepts
- Object-Oriented Programming Language
- Computer Organization and Assembly Language
- Programming Languages and Translation
- Foundations of Software Engineering
- File Structures and Database Systems
- Web Systems Development
- Security Systems Development
Professional ExperienceDYNAMIC WEB, Los Angeles, CA
Internship, Web Development, September 2019 — March 2020
- Maintained and updated websites under company's management
- Used SEO to increase sites' online presence and search engine rankings
- Created surveys and handled analytics
Web Designer, December 2018 — February 2020
- Volunteer position for nonprofit organization raising money to provide clean water to communities in India.
- Created website to highlight charity's overseas accomplishments
- Built online security to allow safe financial donations
- Designed mobile app to increase organization's outreach, driving an increase in donations of $150,000
- Designed and implemented client-facing UX
Development Assistant, September 2017 — June 2019
- Assisted Computer Science professors with creation of course materials
- Handled administrative duties for department of 600 students and 70 professors
- GUI/Graphic Design
- 3D Animation/Agile
- Compression Formatting
- System Security
- Programming/Coding Languages:
Java, Python, C++, Ruby, .NET, Perl, Actionscript
Dear Ms. Anderson,
I'm writing to express my interest in the Junior Web Development position you have open.
I recently completed my B.S. in Computer Science at UCLA. While still a student, I interned at Dynamic Web, where I performed all the duties required in your Web Development position, including updating existing websites and handling analytics.
I was also the primary web designer for the global nonprofit Life Is Water, where I was in charge of the organization's web design and development, including building security to protect financial transactions.
I work well in a collaborative environment with people from all backgrounds. I'm also able to take the leadership role in designing user-friendly websites that enhance the organization's mission and connect with customers and clients.
I'd be very interested in meeting with you in person to learn more about your company's needs and share my qualifications. Thank you for your consideration and for reviewing my attached resume. I look forward to speaking with you further.
Sincerely, John Doe JohnDoe@youremailaddress.com 123.456.7890