Carpenter Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Carpenter | [email protected] | (121) 121-1212 | 123 Address St., Alexandria, VA 22206
June 6, 2021
Dear Mr. Newson,
Over the last six months, I completed new home constructions with 100% satisfactory ratings on all inspections. I believe this success has to do with my eye for detail and solid construction training. I’m anticipating helping Newson Homes achieve this level of success using my skills and knowledge.
For the past two years, I’ve worked with the building teams at Barry Bridal Construction, ensuring our home pass inspections with flying colors. Your company’s high satisfaction rating is impressive and something that aligns with my work ethic and goals. I believe my skill and need to be a perfectionist would be an ideal fit for your company.
I’m anticipating your proven success combined with my experience can take Newson Homes to the next level. Some of my previous successes include:
- Working on more than 20 homes
- Helping establish the appropriate tools needed to increase efficiency
- Utilizing all safety precautions to complete projects 100% accident-free
I’m interested in setting up an interview to meet with you because I feel like we can accomplish a high level of success together. Please let me know a date and time that fits your schedule.
P.S. — Wait until you hear about my all-star employee review last year.
Journeyman Carpenter | [email protected] | (135) 531-1357 | 345 My Road, Casper, WY 86420
June 7, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Barns By Design
Dear Mr. Lewandowski,
Onboarding and mentoring five apprentice carpenters to help them develop their technical skills for building agricultural structures was my proudest achievement of 2020. All five went on to qualify and received glowing reports for their practical abilities and professional ethics. I look forward to demonstrating similar leadership and expertise as a journeyman carpenter at Barns By Design.
As a committed and passionate carpenter with more than seven years of industry-specific experience, I am motivated by the chance to work for one of the state’s leading agricultural construction firms. I believe that Barns By Design’s focus on customer care and teamwork aligns perfectly with my values.
My recent accomplishments include:
- Consistently meeting 100% of personal productivity targets and delivering 43% of projects ahead of schedule
- Devising and implementing a materials inventory strategy that improved availability by 54% over two years
- Assuming responsibility for overseeing health and safety practices on-site, reducing accidental injuries by 23% in 2020
I look forward to meeting to discuss how my extensive knowledge and outstanding collaboration skills can make me an invaluable member of your team. Please get in contact to schedule an interview.
P.S. I would like to explain how I maintained a score of 99.9%+ for accuracy during performance appraisals.
Carpenter | [email protected] | (123) 456 -7890 | 123 Main Street, Boston, MT 12345
January 1, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Mr. Taylor,
I have over 12 years of experience as a professional carpenter creating custom furniture and cabinets to suit the client’s requirements. I am fully trained and skilled in working with a variety of woodworking machinery and different types of wood. I involve myself in every aspect of the creation process, from CAD designs to procuring the correct materials and ensuring the final items meet the client’s original vision.
Over the last 4 years, I have personally been responsible for a 25% increase in revenue at Central Designs as my presentations at trade exhibitions have brought in 37 new corporate clients. I hope to bring the same level of success to ABC Carpentry.
Some of my career highlights include:
- Designing and building the bar fittings at the new Boston Harbor Pub which has won a number of design awards
- Assisting in the design and build of the Amtech International Headquarters in Paris
I would love to discuss my design style and show you my portfolio at your earliest convenience. Please feel free to contact me with a time and date that suits you.
P.S. I was recently shortlisted for a U.S. Wood Design Award.
Carpenter Cover Letter Checklist
The best carpenter cover letters have five main elements:
1. Heading. This has all the essential information, including your name, title and contact details, the addressee’s details and the date you wrote the letter. Use a professional template to help the information stand out.
2. Salutation. The best option is to greet the hiring manager by name, using Mr. or Ms. and their last name. Use ‘Dear Hiring Manager,’ if you don’t have that information.
3. Introduction. Capture the hiring manager’s interest in the first paragraph by introducing yourself and your interest in the position.
4. Body paragraphs. These two paragraphs should demonstrate your suitability for the position by detailing your skills and experience. A bulleted list can help the hiring manager take in your most important attributes at a glance.
5. Closing section. Use the final section of your cover letter to encourage the hiring manager to take action by arranging an interview. A postscript is a clever addition that can highlight one final achievement and leave the hiring manager wanting to know more.
An attention-grabbing opening paragraph helps ensure the hiring manager continues reading your cover letter and goes on to explore your resume. Your introduction also needs to express your interest in the position. The best way to ensure your introductory paragraph does everything you need it to is to build it around one of your top accomplishments. Choose a relevant achievement that showcases your suitability for the position and can be quantified. Generic facts, such as your level of schooling, aren’t usually compelling enough to capture the hiring manager’s attention.
Taking the lead in five major remodeling projects and completing all within budget and ahead of schedule was one of my proudest achievements as a carpenter. I plan to bring the same level of dedication to BR Renovations.
I’m writing to apply for the carpenter position you recently advertised. I have five years of experience as a carpenter and believe I would be the best choice of carpenter for BR Renovations.
Start the body of your cover letter by confirming your interest in the position and stating your admiration for the company. Mention specific details to show that you understand both the job and the company.
In the next paragraph, list your relevant achievements. Whenever possible, these accomplishments should be quantifiable and include a positive outcome to give the hiring manager examples of your success. This section can include your education and certifications, any promotions and successful projects you’ve been involved in. Don’t include anything that isn’t relevant to the position, and avoid mentioning accomplishments that can’t be quantified.
I have five years of carpentry experience and am drawn to BR Renovations’ strong reputation for creativity and excellence. BR’s focus on finding innovative ways to restore old buildings is the perfect fit for my detail-oriented working style.
I’m eager to help the BR Renovations team achieve continued success. My past successes include:
- Managing a team of seven apprentice carpenters to complete 12 kitchen remodel projects with a 99% customer satisfaction rating
- Achieving a zero-incident safety rating in all managed projects
- Implementing an online work scheduling app, resulting in 90% decrease in time required to communicate with clients, contractors and staff, and a 45% increase in contracts signed
Your advertisement states you need someone with at least five years of experience as a carpenter. I have been working as a carpenter for just over five years and would love to work for BR Renovations.
In my current role my responsibilities include:
- Supervising teams of apprentice carpenters
- Providing quotations for potential carpenters
- Inspecting work completed by carpentry team
Nail your closing by suggesting the hiring manager take the next step and schedule an interview. If you just thank them for their time and attention, you’ve missed an opportunity.
A postscript can be the finishing touch on your cover letter. It allows you to highlight one final achievement and leaves the hiring manager with a lasting impression. The postscript doesn’t need to be strictly work-related. If you’ve done volunteer work or have won an award, the postscript is the perfect place to include it, as long as it’s relevant to the position.
I’d appreciate the opportunity to discuss how my carpentry skills and experience can help BR Renovations continue to build a reputation for quality remodeling projects. Please don’t hesitate to contact me to arrange an interview time that fits your schedule.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about my volunteer work remodeling bathrooms and kitchens to help older adults remain living in their homes!
Thank you for taking the time to consider my application. If I can provide any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact me.