Bookkeeper Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
High School Graduate | [email protected] | (876) 543-2109| 420 My Road, Portland, OR 13579
April 16, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Columbia School of English
Dear Mr. Baldwin,
I recently scored in the top 5% of my high school cohort for the Accountancy elective course. My assessor noted that I demonstrated a strong knowledge of general ledger accounts and journals. I am excited to apply my skills as a trainee bookkeeper at the Columbia School of English.
As a committed and diligent recent high school graduate, the opportunity to start my career at a prestigious institution like the Columbia School of English appeals to me. I know that you are looking for a strong multitasker who can simultaneously handle a wide range of duties. I believe that the following achievements show my aptitude for such a role:
- Achieving consistent scores of 95%+ for math applications and quantitative literacy
- Acting as treasurer for my school’s National Honor Society chapter in my final year
- Collaborating with classmates to fundraise more than $5k to support the school’s healthy lifestyles scheme
Please feel free to get in touch to arrange an interview. I look forward to exploring how my abilities and personal attributes can make me an excellent addition to the Columbia School of English’s bookkeeping team.
P.S. I would love to explain why I was selected to be vice-captain of the girls’ soccer team in 2019.
Bookkeeper| [email protected] | (776) 655-4433| 680 Main Avenue, Topeka, KS 75319
April 13, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Hume,
Achieving an accuracy rate of 100% for accounts receivable and accounts payable management in 2020 was my most significant career achievement to date. I accomplished this rating while meeting all personal productivity targets, and I’m excited to demonstrate the same efficiency and diligence at Supporting Strategies.
Supporting Strategies’ incredible reputation in the industry for going above and beyond for its clients aligns perfectly with my dedicated work ethic. As a skilled bookkeeper with outstanding numerical ability and two years of experience, I believe I have the attributes to become an asset to your team. My recent achievements include:
- Working collaboratively with the management team and other bookkeepers to exceed all team productivity targets in 2020 by 43%
- Successfully resolving an account discrepancy that had been causing severe delays within just 3 hours
- Identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for service upselling, increasing each client account’s value by an average of 12% last year
Please get in contact to arrange a convenient interview appointment. I look forward to exploring how my talents and teamwork skills can help me make a valuable contribution to your company’s goals.
P.S. I would love to explain how I achieved a 99.5%+ client satisfaction score two years in a row.
Bookkeeper | [email protected] | (665) 544-3322| 864 First Street, Topeka, KS 31086
April 13, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Mr. Barnett,
Last year, I met 100% of my deadlines and delivered ahead of schedule in 76% of cases without compromising accuracy. My supervisor praised my efficiency and robust organizational systems. I am excited to use my skills to benefit your customers as a virtual bookkeeper at Intuit.
As a diligent bookkeeper with 6+ years’ experience multi-tasking across multiple client accounts, Intuit’s innovative and technology-driven approach to customer service is intriguing to me. I believe that your company’s ethos of providing agile, online solutions represents the future of bookkeeping.
I know that you are looking for an organized professional with the drive to manage their own workload. I believe that the following achievements show my aptitude for the role:
- Receiving 100% positive feedback from clients on my roster for service quality and interpersonal communication
- Multi-tasking across 25+ accounts while ensuring 100% accuracy over three years
- Successfully retaining at least 98% of existing clients year on year since commencing my employment
I would like to attend an interview to explain how my strong numerical skills and excellent understanding of emerging bookkeeping technologies can help your users. Please get in touch to schedule a meeting.
P.S. I would like to tell you why I ranked in the top 5% in my company for productivity last year.
Bookkeeper | [email protected] | (554) 433-2211|246 My Avenue, Bangor, ME 64208
April 16, 2020
Senior Hiring Manager
U.S. Department of Labor
Dear Ms. Rowe,
Reducing ledger inaccuracies by 98% since starting my current role was my proudest career achievement so far. I implemented a comprehensive system redesign to identify discrepancies faster and more precisely. I am excited to demonstrate the same diligence as a senior bookkeeper at the U.S. Department of Labor.
As a passionate professional with over 13 years of experience, the opportunity to nurture new talent as a leader in your organization appeals to me. I believe that I have the vision and interpersonal skills to become an inspiring mentor. My recent accomplishments include:
- Training five interns to improve their knowledge and application of financial reporting procedures in 2020
- Streamlining the office’s bookkeeping processes to increase efficiency by 54% while maintaining exceptional accuracy
- Running a professional development scheme to increase colleagues’ awareness of legal reporting requirements
I would relish the opportunity to discuss how my extensive experience can benefit the U.S. Department of Labor in the coming years. Please get in touch to arrange an interview.
P.S. I would like to share why I was selected for promotion four times in the last decade.
Bookkeeper Cover Letter Checklist
You should include the following elements in your bookkeeper resume:
1. Heading. Using a slick template makes your cover letter look more professional and eye-catching. The heading should include:
- Your full name, job title, and contact information
- The date of writing
- The hiring manager’s contact details
2. Salutation. Ideally, you should use the hiring manager’s full name: Mr. or Ms. [Last Name]. However, it’s fine to begin your letter “Dear Hiring Manager” if you can’t find this information.
3. Introduction. Start your letter by introducing yourself and expressing your interest in the vacancy.
4. Body paragraphs. You should include two body paragraphs that explain clearly and concisely why you’re the ideal candidate for the role. Include information about your work experience, education, and industry-specific skills. A list of bullet points can help draw the hiring manager’s eye to your most important achievements.
5. Closing section. The closing section of your cover letter should act as a call to action, directly requesting an interview. Including a P.S. containing another impressive accomplishment makes your letter memorable.
The purpose of this section is to introduce yourself and state your interest in the bookkeeper role. As there are likely to be quite a few applicants, it’s a good idea to start your introduction with an impressive stat from your resume to catch the employer’s attention. Select an achievement that you can back up with numerical evidence instead of a bland statement about your experience or degree.
As an experienced bookkeeper with an associate degree in accounting, I have what it takes to do a great job at Robert Half.
Start the main body of your cover letter by explaining exactly why you want to work for the company you’re applying to. Expressing which aspects of the organization you admire can help the hiring manager see how you align with the company’s mission.
Listing your recent professional and educational accomplishments is an excellent way to quickly show the hiring manager the benefits of employing you. Examples of suitable achievements include any courses you’ve completed recently, promotions, or quantifiable results you have achieved. Remember to back up your achievements with hard data whenever possible.
My recent achievements clearly demonstrate that I have the skills and experience to excel. These include:
- Being singled out for promotion among a team of 18 bookkeepers just six months into my present role
- Spearheading an initiative to improve the accounts receivable processes that increased efficiency by 76% in 2020
- Maintaining financial records with a 99.9%+ accuracy rate over five years
I currently carry out the following professional responsibilities:
- Keeping accurate transaction records
- Updating the general ledger
- Resolving financial errors and discrepancies
The closing section of your bookkeeper cover letter is your opportunity to ask the hiring manager to invite you for an interview. Instead of just thanking them for taking the time to consider your application, a confident call to action to reach out to schedule an appointment is an effective way to get your application to the next stage.
It’s also worth considering adding a P.S. at the end of your letter where you state another professional achievement that you’d like to explain further in an interview. This is an eye-catching way to draw attention to your accomplishments and leave the hiring manager wanting to find out more.
P.S. I would love to tell you how I reduced discrepancies by 65% last year.