Web Designer Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Web Designer | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., Pittsburgh, PA
January 1, 2022
Web Design Pros Inc.
Dear Mr. Thompson,
During my internship with Pittsburgh Web Design LLC, I had the opportunity to collaborate with experienced web designers to create elegant layouts, interfaces, and visual assets for a variety of client websites. These experiences have allowed me to acquire an intricate knowledge of mobile-first design principles, which will enable me to deliver valuable contributions to your organization in the web designer position.
Web Design Pros’ reputation for its creative visual designs is what draws me to apply for this position. I believe that I can aid your organization in continuing to provide high-quality deliverables to your clients based on the following achievements from my internship and academic career:
- Provided support to the web design team for the development and redesign of five client websites in HTML and ASP.NET, which included creating website templates in Photoshop
- Supported the development of responsive user interfaces and compelling visual assets, including promotional graphics, graphic content, and web layouts
- Completed an academic project to design a custom website featuring news on E-sports events using HTML and Ruby on Rails, which included creating graphic designs in Adobe X
I look forward to speaking with you further to provide more insights into how my graphic design and UI design skills can help your organization develop high-quality websites for your clients. You may contact me via phone or email at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Web Designer | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., San Francisco, CA 12345
January 1, 2022
West Coast Marketing
Dear Ms. Johnson,
As a web designer for Corsair Marketing Inc., I collaborated with the art director and cross-functional teams to create visual assets and holistic UI designs for 35+ digital projects. These included websites, mobile applications, and digital advertisements for a broad range of client businesses. Through these experiences, I developed an expertise in creating innovative digital designs, which I believe will allow me to excel in the web designer position with your organization.
West Coast Marketing has a reputation for excellence that strongly aligns with my background as a web design professional. I believe that my experience in both the creative and technical aspects of web development would be an asset to your team based on the following achievements from my career:
- Interfaced with the art director, creative teams, and client stakeholders to develop holistic web designs and visually compelling layouts to enhance company branding and improve the user experience for 25 websites and 10 mobile applications
- Led the redesign of a website for a nutritional supplement business, created graphics, conducted wireframing and prototyping, and improved web traffic by 300% within four months
- Improved the responsiveness of the UI design for a mobile application and collaborated with the art director to enhance d visual assets, resulting in a 30% increase in user satisfaction
I would like to schedule an interview to provide more insights into how my creative and technical designer background can offer a nuanced perspective for your digital projects. Feel free to contact me via phone or email for any follow-up questions you may have on my experience. I appreciate your time and consideration.
Web Designer | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., New York, NY 12345
January 1, 2022
Web Builder Inc.
Dear Mary Jackson,
Redesigning the LearnNow.org website was one of the proudest achievements of my career. As the senior web designer, I coordinated with technical and creative teams to enhance the visual design and user interface for 17 product pages, which increased sales by 400% over three years. I am confident that my ability to create innovative web designs would be a strong asset to your organization in the lead web designer position.
Web Builder Inc. has a reputation for delivering high-quality, responsive designs that align with my professional background. I believe that my experience will allow me to thrive in this role based on the following achievements from my career:
- Managed and built a team of 15+ web designers and developers to create and implement wireframes, prototypes, and web templates for the redesign of a multimillion-dollar online education company, which grew revenue by over $300K
- Oversaw meetings with creative teams to develop style guidelines, visual assets, graphic content, and web layouts to enhance brand appeal amongst target audiences
- Led efforts to improve the responsiveness of user interfaces and integrated CTAs for upselling opportunities on product web pages in coordination with UX writers
I hope to speak with you further regarding how my expertise as a senior web designer can aid your organization in refining both the visual and technical aspects of websites for your client base. You may contact me at your earliest convenience via phone or email for any additional questions you may have. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Web Designer Cover Letter Checklist
A web designer cover letter has five main elements:
1. Heading. Make your information stand out by using a stylized template. Be sure that your heading includes the following details:
- Your name, title, and contact info
- The date you sent the letter
- The addressee’s details
2. Salutation. Greet the hiring manager by Mr. or Ms. [Last Name]. If you can’t find the hiring manager’s name, use “Dear Hiring Manager” instead.
3. Introduction. To grab the reader’s attention, you need to lead with a strong opening paragraph highlighting one of your strongest career accomplishments. Focus on building your introduction around an achievement that you can quantify using key metrics and data from your professional experience. You want to highlight examples of you creating value for your previous organization. Employers are attracted to candidates who generate results, and you want to make the most of your limited window to make a positive impression on the hiring manager.
4. Body paragraphs. Continue to showcase career achievements from your work experience in the subsequent paragraphs. Try to highlight web projects and initiatives that align with the organization’s mission statement or reputation. For example, if you notice that a company emphasizes creating holistic web designs, you should feature an example of this in your body paragraphs. Consider using a list of bullet points to break up the monotony of the text on the page.
5. Closing section. Your conclusion should feature a call to action (CTA) that invites the hiring manager to take the next step and bring you in for an interview. This displays both confidence and your interest in the position. You should also use this opportunity to highlight further the alignment between your career experience and the organization’s goals. Be sure to thank the hiring manager for their time in the final sentence of the paragraph.
To craft a strong introduction, you need to focus on drawing attention to one of your most compelling career achievements. Try to draw attention to an achievement that you can quantify using a key metric or monetary figure, as numbers can be highly effective in helping your accomplishments stand out to the hiring manager. This is your first opportunity to make a positive impression on prospective employers. You need to send a clear message that your experience is the right fit for their organization. Below, you’ll find an example to help you build a strong introductory paragraph for your cover letter.
Building out the website for the cryptocurrency trading platform, DigitalArk.com was one of my proudest career achievements. I conducted wireframing, created the prototype, and designed all visual assets for the sites. Within just one year of launching, we garnered over 1M active users on the platform. I am confident that I can generate similar results for your organization as the new web designer.
As a web designer with many years of experience, I have all the qualifications you’re looking for in a candidate. I’m a passionate designer who’s extremely hardworking and reliable. My ability to lead and collaborate with teams is just another reason why I should be the top applicant for the position.
Your body paragraphs should continue to highlight your career achievements using hard numbers and data. Showcasing positive outcomes from digital web projects you led will show hiring managers that you can create value for their organization. It’s also important to talk about the company’s reputation or mission statement and how its goals align with your professional background. Consider using a list of bullet points in this section to break up the monotony of the text on the page, as this will improve the overall readability of your document. Below, you’ll find an example to help you build out your body paragraphs in your cover letter.
Allaire Web Marketing’s reputation for building visually compelling websites with highly responsive user interfaces that strongly aligns with my background as a web designer. I believe that I can help continue to grow your team’s reputation for excellence based on the following achievements from my professional career:
- Collaborated with creative teams and client stakeholders to develop high-quality graphic content, wireframes, and templates for the build-out of over 30+ websites
- Improved web traffic for client businesses by 200%-400% within six months of project completion, which included conducting research on competitors, creating visual designs, and developing brand strategies in alignment with target audiences
- Provided training and coaching to 15+ web designers on style guidelines, user-centered design principles, and cross-functional communication
Your job posting is seeking a web designer with at least four years of experience. Over the course of my career, I’ve had over seven years of employment within the industry, working on various websites and digital projects. I believe I’m the right candidate for the job based on some of my past duties and responsibilities, which include creating graphics, templates, and prototypes. I also have experience in researching competitor websites and helping the client to make their websites more effective in terms of traffic and page clicks. Due to my experience in this industry, I am confident that I’m the ideal candidate in your applicant pool.
Your closing paragraph is your final opportunity to make a positive impression on the hiring manager. You should open this section with a call to action (CTA) that invites the hiring manager to schedule you for an interview or request follow-up information on your background. In addition, you should also feature a sentence that further highlights how your experience aligns with the organization’s needs. Be sure to thank the hiring manager for their time in the final sentence, as you want to demonstrate your professionalism and your industry expertise. Below, you’ll find an example to help you craft a strong closing section.
I hope to schedule an interview with you to provide more insights into how my creative abilities and technical acumen can serve as a bridge between your web designers and developers throughout the project lifecycle. You may contact me via phone or email at your earliest convenience for any additional questions you have regarding my background. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Thanks for taking the time to read my cover letter and consider my application. I’m excited about the opportunity to be a part of your team, and I can’t wait to hear more about the role in the future.