Tutor Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Physics Tutor | [email protected] | (765) 432-1098 | 56 Main Avenue, Little Rock, AR 32109
March 11, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Skinner,
Achieving a 98% first-time pass rate for my students in 2020 was my most significant career accomplishment so far. My differentiated self-made resources and assessment-based lesson plans helped my students make outstanding progress in a short timeframe. I look forward to replicating this success as a physics tutor at Varsity Tutors.
As a qualified high school teacher with more than two years of experience as an independent tutor, Varsity Tutors’ reputation for promoting innovative teaching methods makes it the ideal environment for my talents and abilities. My recent achievements show that I am capable of providing high-quality services to your diverse client base. These include:
- Developing a rigorous revision program to meet the requirements of students with ASD and ADHD, resulting in a 100% pass rate for these pupils
- Working with a local school to provide 1:1 support to disadvantaged students, effectively closing the attainment gap for that cohort
- Providing additional assistance with comprehension skills, improving overall results by 32% in 2020 compared to the previous year
I look forward to discussing how my detailed subject knowledge and creative teaching strategies can support Varsity Tutors’ students, and I am available at your convenience.
P.S. I would love to explain how I helped a previously disengaged student exceed their predicted result by two grades.
English Tutor | firstname.lastname@example.org | (901) 234-5678 | 123 Main Road, Lincoln, NE 43210
March 15, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Hardy,
In 2020, 65% of my private students exceeded their predicted exam results by two grades or higher. My inspiring materials and engaging teaching style motivated them to work hard and achieve their full potential. I am excited to provide the same energetic and purposeful curriculum delivery as a tutor at Sylvan Learning.
I understand that you are looking for a qualified high school English teacher with experience planning and teaching high-quality lessons online. As a dedicated practitioner with more than seven years of experience and two years spent exclusively teaching via online platforms, I believe my successful track record demonstrates my suitability. My recent accomplishments include:
- Securing rapid progress for students with English as an additional language, resulting in an 85% pass rate for this group
- Using my strong assessment skills to identify learning gaps and generate personalized progress plans, improving overall attainment by 43% in 2020
- Delivering a successful special interest class to engage students with Shakespeare’s works with a 100% retention rate
I am available at your convenience to discuss how my extensive experience and outstanding teaching practice can best serve Sylvan Learning’s students in 2021.
P.S. I would love to explain why my self-published book on English teaching strategies for children with ASD was featured in an issue of TEACH magazine.
Private Tutor | [email protected] | (432) 109-8765 | 109 My Street, San Diego, CA 89012
March 9, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Grade Potential Tutoring
Dear Ms. Baron,
In 2020, 85% of my chemistry students exceeded their predicted examination grades. I believe that my clear explanations, detailed self-made course materials, and motivational teaching style contributed strongly to their success. I hope to offer the same high standards of teaching to your students at Grade Potential Tutoring.
As a seasoned high school teacher with 12+ years’ experience planning and delivering inspiring lessons, I am excited by the opportunity to help a wide range of students meet their full potential through your organization. I believe wholeheartedly in Grade Potential Tutoring’s vision of helping all students achieve their goals, and my achievements clearly demonstrate my suitability for the role:
- Creating a range of resources for students with auditory impairments to help them access the chemistry curriculum
- Working with 5 students with ASD to secure outstanding progress and help them exceed their predicted results by 1-2 grades
- Receiving praise from a family for helping their child overcome their reluctance to learn and exam anxiety
I look forward to discussing how my extensive pedagogical knowledge and rigorous teaching standards can help secure incredible outcomes for your students. I am available for an interview at your convenience.
P.S. I would love to tell you how I achieved a 100% pass rate for EAL students in 2020.
Tutor Cover Letter Checklist
A compelling tutor cover letter should contain the following five features:
1. Heading. A stylized format makes your heading look more professional and eye-catching. Don’t forget to include:
- Your full name, job title, phone number, email address and street address
- The date of writing
- The hiring manager’s contact details
2. Salutation. You should try to find out the hiring manager’s name and address them as “Mr./Ms. Surname.” “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable if you can’t find their name.
3. Introduction. Your introductory paragraph should hook the reader in with a compelling description of yourself as a professional and a brief explanation of why the role interests you.
4. Body paragraphs. Follow up your introduction with two paragraphs that explain why you’re ideal for the position in more detail. Include information about your qualifications, professional accomplishments and skills. Using bullet points makes the text more readable and helps the hiring manager quickly establish what you have to offer as an employee.
5. Closing section. Finish your letter with a call to action, where you invite the hiring manager to contact you to schedule an interview. Including a P.S. at the end with an impressive achievement or professional statistic helps ensure that your cover letter is eye-catching and memorable.
A hiring manager reads many tutor cover letters during the hiring process, so a compelling introduction is crucial to capture their attention and set your application apart. Explaining why the job interests you and discussing one of your most important professional accomplishments creates an impactful first impression. Try not to be vague; pick an achievement that you can back up with numbers or statistics and is highly relevant to the job description.
As a high school teacher with more than FIVE years of experience teaching middle school science, I have what it takes to deliver great results as a tutor at TutorMe.
Start the body paragraphs of your tutor cover letter by explaining why the hiring organization appeals to you and why you want to work there. Focus on what you can bring to the company instead of what they can offer you (such as a higher salary).
Next, demonstrate your suitability by providing a bulleted list of your recent achievements. Good examples include exam results, value-added progress, educational projects you’ve spearheaded or achievements that demonstrate a commitment to inclusion and equality. Instead of generic descriptions of your duties, choose accomplishments for which you have data evidence.
As a seasoned science teacher with more than 12 years of experience and specialist knowledge of teaching strategies for students with SEN, TutorMe’s reputation for providing inclusive, empowering education for every student appeals to me. The following achievements demonstrate my suitability for the role:
- Tailoring lesson plans according to informal assessments and student interests, closing the attainment gap for my disadvantaged students in 2020
- Using techniques to improve curriculum accessibility for four students with ASD, achieving a progress rate of two grades per year for this group
- Building strong relationships with parents and guardians, increasing engagement and securing a 98% satisfaction rating last year
The TutorMe job description says that you are looking for an experienced science teacher. I have five years of experience as a science teacher and think I would be a good fit for your company. My recent achievements include:
- Ensuring good results for all students
- Planning and teaching an engaging science curriculum
- Answering all questions from parents and guardians
Finish your cover letter with a purposeful ending, including a call to action (CTA) for the hiring manager to arrange a job interview. Don’t simply thank them for taking the time to read your letter without suggesting a next step.
If you really want your letter to stand out, try adding a P.S. to the end suggesting an impressive achievement you wish to discuss at the interview. This technique will pique the hiring manager’s interest and prompt them to contact you to find out more.
P.S. I would love to explain how I contributed towards a 32% increase in university admissions for my students last year.