Student Teacher Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Student Teacher | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., Cincinnati, OH
January 1, 2022
Dear Ms. Jacobs,
As a student teacher at Cardinal Preschool, I taught math, reading, and art lessons to classes of up to 15 preschool students. I planned enriching lessons and tailored curriculum and instruction to meet the needs of individual children. I believe that these experiences will allow me to make valuable contributions to your learning institution as a preschool teacher.
Fellowship Preschool’s reputation for innovative, play-based learning strategies is what draws me to apply for this position. I believe that my teaching experience and background in early childhood education makes me the ideal fit for this role based on the following accomplishments from my career:
- Created dynamic lessons to drive cognitive development and emotional growth, including developing activities that combined math lessons and sports to drive student engagement
- Communicated with parents to discuss student progress, behavioral issues, and learning strategies to facilitate academic and personal growth
- Oversaw all aspects of classroom management and utilized positive reinforcement strategies to improve student conduct
I would like to schedule an interview to provide more insight into how my early childhood education background can benefit your preschool. You may contact me via phone or email at your earliest convenience. I appreciate your time and consideration.
Student Teacher | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., Wilmington, DE
January 1, 2022
Dear Mr. Carter,
As a student teacher at Wilmington Elementary, I taught language arts, math, and science lessons to classes of 20-25 fourth-grade students. I monitored student performance over the course of the year and utilized differentiated instruction to drive academic growth. I am confident that my secondary education background will help me excel as the new elementary school teacher with your organization.
Newark Elementary’s reputation for delivering high-quality experiential instruction strongly aligns with me as an education professional. I believe that my ability to utilize multiple learning modalities to reach students will be an asset to your organization based on my past career achievements:
- Utilized differentiated and experiential instruction techniques to foster engagement across three fourth grade classrooms, which resulted in a 10% increase in grade point averages for reading
- Collaborated with faculty and school administration to support the transition from in-classroom instruction to virtual learning, which included developing classroom management strategies for e-learning settings and Zoom classrooms
- Attended regular meetings with parents and students to discuss academic progress
I hope to speak with you further regarding how my background in elementary education can benefit your academic institution. Feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience for any additional questions you may have. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Student Teacher | melissakan[email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., Boston, MA
January 1, 2022
Falmouth High School
Dear Ms. Markowski,
As a student teacher at Amherst High School, I delivered first-year language arts courses to four classes of 30+ high school students. I also developed engaging lesson plans to aid students in developing critical analysis skills and acquiring a broader understanding of literary themes and historical significance. I believe that my ability to improve student engagement will allow me to thrive in the high school teacher position with your school.
Falmouth Highschool has a reputation for providing high-quality English courses that challenge and engage student minds, which strongly aligns with my background as an educator. I believe that I can continue to help improve English education at your high school based on the following achievements from my career:
- Taught courses covering Animal Farm, Brave New World, and Hamlet, and planned small group activities to facilitate student engagement with subject material
- Conduct lesson planning, perform curriculum development, and coordinate with fellow educators to drive student-centered learning across the learning institution
- Build relationships with students to facilitate academic growth and prepare students for AP courses and college education
I hope to schedule an interview with you to further discuss how my experience as an English teacher can be an asset to your institution. Feel free to contact me via phone or email at your earliest convenience with any questions you may have. I appreciate your time and consideration.
Student Teacher Cover Letter Checklist
A student teacher cover letter has five main elements:
1. Heading. Make this Use a stylized template to improve the presentation of your document. Be sure to include the following pieces of information in your header:
- Your name, title, and contact info
- The date you sent the letter
- The addressee’s details
2. Salutation. Greet the hiring manager by Mr. or Ms. [Last Name]. If you can’t find the hiring manager’s name, use “Dear Hiring Manager” instead.
3. Introduction. Write a strong introductory paragraph that leads with one of your proudest career achievements. Try to choose an accomplishment that you can quantify using a number or metric. It’s important to lead with a compelling opener to grab the hiring manager’s attention and set the tone for the rest of your cover letter.
4. Body paragraphs. Continue to build on these achievements in your body paragraphs. Use data where possible to highlight areas where you helped students improve academically. Consider incorporating a list of bullet points in this section to break up the monotony of the text on the page. It’s also important to mention something regarding the organization’s reputation or mission statement and how it aligns with your background.
5. Closing section. A strong closing paragraph should contain a call-to-action that invites the reader to contact you for an interview or request follow-up information. This also offers you an opportunity to further establish a connection between the organization’s needs and your expertise as an educator. Don’t forget to thank the hiring manager in the final sentence of the paragraph.
To grab the reader’s attention, you’ll want to open your cover letter with one of your defining career achievements. If possible, you should include a strong number here to showcase the results of your efforts. Employers value candidates who can generate results for their organization, and the surest way to demonstrate this is by highlighting instances of this from your professional career. Below, you’ll find an example to help you craft a strong opening paragraph.
Improved standardized testing grades
Your body paragraphs should continue to feature achievements from your student teaching experience. Applying numbers where possible will enhance the impact of your bullet points, but you want to be careful not to exaggerate metrics or quantify achievements that you can’t substantiate with actual data. Hiring managers will always see through this, and it’s important to craft a document that accurately reflects your accomplishments, even at the beginning of your teaching career.
Using a list of bullet points will help you break up the text on the page and improve the readability of your document. In addition, you should also include a sentence in this section that details how the organization’s reputation or teaching style matches your experience. Below, you’ll find an example to help you craft your body paragraphs on your cover letter.
- Delivered instruction to four classes of 25-30+ sophomore students in environmental science and biology, and developed engaging curriculum
- Tailored lesson plans to individual student learning needs, resulting in a 20% increase in average test scores
- Collaborated with school administrators and high school teachers to integrate new education technology into the school, including Smartboards and new laptops
- Taught Calculus courses to a wide variety of students and evaluated progress
- Communicated effectively with faculty and administration
- Graded student test courses in a timely manner and contacted parents on grades
To close out your cover letter on a strong note, you need to include a call to action (CTA) that invites the hiring manager to take the next step and bring you in for an interview. This will showcase your confidence as a job candidate and your interest in pursuing the role. You should also use this opportunity to create a connection between the company’s reputation and your unique skill sets as a teacher. Be sure to thank the hiring manager for their time in the final sentence of the paragraph. Below, you’ll find an example to help you create a strong closing section for your cover letter.
I would like to schedule an interview to provide more details regarding how my expertise in differentiated instruction can help drive student success for your learning institution. Feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience for any questions you may have regarding my experience. Thank you for your time and consideration.
I appreciate you taking the time to read my cover letter. I’m very excited about the opportunity to join your team and continue to advance my career. Looking forward to learning more about the job and having more conversations in the future.