Server Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Server | [email protected] | (876) 543-2109 | 678 My Boulevard, Salt Lake City, UT 89012
April 5, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Buffalo Wild Wings
Dear Ms. Simon,
In 2020, I achieved a guest feedback score of 99.5% for service quality and professionalism. Respondents mentioned my friendliness and extensive knowledge of allergens and special dietary requirements. I hope to display the same dedication as a server at Buffalo Wild Wings.
As a customer-oriented server with more than two years’ experience, I appreciate Buffalo Wild Wings’ reputation for outstanding guest service. I believe that my exceptional energy and motivation will allow me to excel in such a fast-paced working environment. My recent achievements include:
- Assisting with delivering a team training initiative that improved overall guest satisfaction by 43%
- Increasing profits by an average of 23% during my shifts by suggesting wines and cocktails to complement dishes
- Enthusiastically promoting the restaurant’s guest loyalty program to increase uptake by 65% in a single month
I would like to schedule an interview to explore how my abilities and qualities can help create incredible experiences for your guests. Please feel free to get in touch to arrange a convenient time.
P.S. I would love to explain why I received a letter of thanks from a guest for my service during her celebration meal in November 2020.
Server | [email protected] | (876) 543-2109 | 432 Main Road, San Antonio, TX 21098
April 6, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Wagstaff,
Last year, I led a series of training sessions for new hires to improve their customer service skills. This initiative led to a satisfaction increase of 32% in a single month. I hope to display the same strong service ability and leadership skills as a server at Magganio’s.
As a talented restaurant server with more than seven years of experience, I believe that I can help Maggiano’s achieve its mission of creating lasting memories for its diners. Your company’s reputation for incredible service is the ideal fit for my abilities. My recent achievements include:
- Receiving a personal letter of thanks from a diner for providing attentive service and going above and beyond while serving their Bat Mitzvah party
- Consistently exceeding expectations for at least 98% of diners, according to feedback forms in 2020
- Persuasively promoting special offers to increase takings by an average of 34% per shift in March
I would like to schedule an interview to discuss how I can help Maggiano’s continue to impress its guests in 2021. I am available to talk at your convenience.
P.S. I would love to explain why I was selected to act as shift manager to cover a colleague’s maternity leave last year.
Server | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., Manhattan, NY 10002
April 2, 2021
Mack’s Bar and Grill
Dear Ms. Jones
As an experienced server, I have had the privilege of managing and training dozens of other servers. My upbeat attitude, friendliness and helpful nature allow me to successfully support my coworkers and create pleasant experiences for customers. I am excited by the opportunity to bring these same skills to Mack’s Bar and Grill.
I admire Mack’s commitment to its customers and focus on giving back to the community. These values align closely with my own and make me an ideal fit for the restaurant’s team.
In my 10 years of experience, I have several accomplishments that include:
- Developing a new workflow for mid-week lunch rushes to reduce customer wait times by an average of 10 minutes.
- Creating an employee survey to capture morale and workplace satisfaction
- Increasing dessert sales by 18% through strategic recommendations to customers
I am confident that Mack’s Bar and Grill will benefit from my professional work history and desire to give customers an excellent dining experience. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience to further discuss my candidacy.
P.S. I’d love to tell you how I made a couple’s anniversary dinner one they’ll never forget!
Server Cover Letter Checklist
Every good server cover letter should cover the following points:
1. Heading. A slick, stylized template looks more eye-catching and gives a professional first impression. Your heading should include:
- Your name, job title, and contact information
- The date
- The hiring manager’s name and contact information
2. Salutation. Start your letter by addressing the hiring manager by their name: Dear Mr. or Ms. [Last Name]. Try to find the name of the person who will handle your application, but “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable if you can’t.
3. Introduction. Your first paragraph should catch the hiring manager’s attention and introduce yourself.
4. Body paragraphs. : Two additional paragraphs is the ideal length for you to explain your previous professional experience, relevant education, and personal qualities. Using bullet points to highlight your most significant accomplishments makes your letter more readable and draws the hiring manager’s eye to your key selling points.
5. Closing section. Finish your letter with a call to action by asking the hiring manager to get in touch to arrange an interview. You can also add a P.S. briefly mentioning a professional or educational achievement that you’d like to discuss at the interview.
Start your cover letter with a paragraph that introduces yourself in an attention-grabbing manner and states your intention to apply for the server role. Beginning with the most important achievement in your resume is an effective way to pique the hiring manager’s interest. An achievement that is highly relevant to the position and quantifiable with hard data is more compelling than basic information such as your length of service.
As an excellent server with 5+ years’ experience, I believe that I am the perfect fit for a role at TGI Fridays.
The first body paragraph of your server cover letter should state why you want to work for the organization you’re applying to and what attracts you to the role. It’s important to explain precisely why you are a good fit for the job.
The next paragraph should detail your recent achievements that demonstrate your suitability for the role. Potential examples include workplace commendations, positive customer feedback, or instances where your leadership led to positive outcomes. Every accomplishment you mention should be quantifiable to show its impact.
As a guest-oriented professional with 5+ years of restaurant experience, TGI Fridays’ long-standing reputation for crafting incredible customer experiences appeals to me. I believe that my strong multitasking ability and energetic work ethic can help your organization continue to exceed guests’ expectations.
My recent successes show that I have the skills and experience to excel as a server at TGI Fridays. These include:
- Increasing takings during my shifts by an average of 24% by upselling sides and beverages
- Increasing bookings by 32% during quiet periods by enthusiastically promoting the company’s loyalty scheme
- Training six new hires to increase their knowledge of customer service and rapport-building techniques
I know that you are looking for an experienced server to join the team at TGI Fridays. I have worked as a server for six years and think that I have the skills necessary for the job.
My experience includes:
- Upselling sides and beverages
- Promoting the company’s loyalty scheme
- Training new staff members in customer service
The closing paragraph should end with a call to action where you ask the hiring manager to get in touch to arrange an interview. A call to action is more effective for getting you through to the next recruitment stage than simply thanking them for reading your application.
You can make your cover letter even more convincing by adding a P.S. at the end with a final selling point. Not only does it allow you to showcase one more reason that you’ll be a great fit, but it also motivates the hiring manager to meet with you to find out more.
I would like to meet to discuss how my skills and experience can help colleagues and customers at TGI Fridays. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch to schedule an interview.
P.S. I would love to tell you why I was voted “Server of the Month” four times in 2020.
Thank you for taking the time to read my resume. I look forward to telling you more about my skills and experience.