Restaurant Manager Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Restaurant Manager | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Address St., Provo, UT 84058
May 20, 2021
Farm Fresh Bistro
Dear Ms. Andrews,
In my current position as the assistant restaurant manager for the Sweet and Sour Cafe, I have had the opportunity to operate a busy dining establishment and build my leadership skills. For the past three years, I have been instrumental in growing the company brand and crafting an inviting experience for patrons.
As the Restaurant Manager, I believe that I could replicate this success for Fresh Farm Bistro. Some of my most notable past achievements include:
- Reducing staff turnover by 25%
- Developing an anti-harassment training course to ensure a safe work environment for all staff
- Creating a new appetizer menu that led to a 10% increase in sales
I am also interested in joining Farm Fresh’s initiative to bring healthy foods to underserved communities. I am confident that my industry experience, friendliness, and commitment to providing superior customer service establishes me as the best candidate for this position. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about the award-winning drink I created!
Restaurant Manager | [email protected] | (485) 294-2049 | 432 Main Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 49502
May 19, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dave & Buster’s
Dear Ms. Rice,
Last year, I pioneered a staff wellbeing scheme that improved employee retention by 43% over 12 months. This, in turn, led to a 23% customer satisfaction increase as it allowed the team to focus on service improvement instead of onboarding new hires. I hope to demonstrate the same strategic thinking as the restaurant manager at Dave & Buster’s.
As an energetic leader with more than 7 years of experience in fast-paced environments, I am drawn to Dave & Buster’s emphasis on creating fun and unexpected dining experiences. I believe that my innovative approach and superb guest service skills make me the perfect fit for your company. My recent achievements include:
- Successfully troubleshooting guest complaints by generating creative solutions, transforming 91% of cases into repeat customers
- Designing and implementing a streamlined customer care protocol that boosted weekly takings by an average of $5k
- Regularly creating exciting staff incentive schemes to encourage upselling, boosting beverage sales by 34% over three years
I look forward to meeting you to discuss how my enthusiastic and motivational interpersonal style can energize your team and help further your reputation for outstanding service. Please contact me to set up an interview.
P.S. I would like to explain how I led my team to become the top-performing franchise branch last year.
Restaurant Manager | [email protected] | (504-500-2843) | 43 Address Road, San Antonio, TX
May 17, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Lawson,
Last year, I generated and spearheaded a diner loyalty scheme that increased bookings by 45% during regular quiet periods, increasing overall revenue by 32%. I look forward to displaying similar innovation and business acumen as a restaurant manager at Olive Garden.
As a seasoned manager with over 11 years of leadership experience in busy Italian eateries, the chance to work for a renowned brand like Olive Garden appeals to me. I believe that I have the exceptional mentoring skills and organizational abilities to deliver incredible results. My recent achievements include:
- Leading a series of team training sessions focusing on customer service skills that boosted customer satisfaction by 45%
- Creating a food and wine pairing scheme that increased bar takings by an average of $750 per shift
- Increasing staff retention by 72% through a series of wellbeing and team building workshops
Please get in touch to arrange a convenient interview slot. I look forward to exploring how my experience and management skills can help craft unforgettable experiences for your guests in 2021.
P.S. I would love to tell you how I reduced staff absences by 23% last year.
Restaurant Manager Cover Letter Checklist
Strong restaurant manager cover letters include five main elements:
1. Heading. Many word processing apps include stylized heading templates that can help emphasize your basic information. You should include the following information:
- Your name, job title, and contact information
- The date of application
- The hiring manager’s details
2. Salutation. Address the hiring manager by name, such as “Dear Mr.” or “Dear Ms.” [last name]. If you don’t know the name of the hiring manager, use a generic greeting like “Dear Hiring Manager.”
3. Introduction. Introduce yourself and express your interest in the job in a way that intrigues the hiring manager to continue reading.
4. Body paragraphs. The first paragraph should reiterate and expand on your interest in the role and organization. In the second paragraph, describe your skills, professional experience, education, and any other relevant achievements. Consider using bullet points to improve visual appeal and bring attention to your qualifications.
5. Closing section. Make a final good impression with a call to action for the hiring manager to schedule an interview. To finish your cover letter strong, include a postscript below your closing signature to highlight one last achievement.
The introduction of your cover letter essentially serves as the hook and entices the hiring manager to continue reading the rest of your letter. To make a compelling first impression, introduce yourself and express your interest in the job while also mentioning an achievement that sets you apart from other applicants. Select a top achievement from your resume and weave it into your introduction. Use quantifiable terms to demonstrate the scope of your success. Avoid vague or generic facts about your level of experience or education.
The job description indicates that applicants should have three years of experience in restaurant management. I have five years of experience and would like to work for Foam Cafe.
The body of your cover letter should be used to establish your interest and expand on your qualifications. In the first paragraph, detail your interest in the position. Describe what makes the organization attractive to work for and why you’re a good fit for the job and company. Using specific details about the company shows that you’ve thoroughly researched the job and aren’t sending generic cover letters to every company.
List your relevant achievements, skills, and experience in the second paragraph. Bullet points can improve visual appeal, break up text, and draw extra attention to your qualifications. For every point, use quantifiable terms and include a positive outcome. This shows the hiring manager what kind of success you can bring to the job.
I have over five years of experience as a restaurant manager and am interested in contributing to Foam Cafe’s reputation for modern dining experiences. Foam Cafe’s focus on quality and creative menus is a perfect fit for my innovative work style.
My past successes include:
- Developed and implemented promotional initiatives in-store and on social media, reaching over 3000 local and tourist diners and generating an average daily revenue of $9,000.
- Hired and trained a diverse staff for FOH and BOH, using coaching and training methods to promote career development and reduce staff turnover by 40%
- Achieved and maintained a 4.9-star google review rating by developing an excellent dining experience
- Created inventory, food waste, and labor management systems to reduce waste and optimize budget margins, saving thousands of dollars annually
I have over five years of restaurant management experience and would like to work for Foam Cafe. My past experiences include:
- Developed promotional initiatives in-store and on social media
- Hired and trained both FOH and BOH staff
- Audited and maintained a quality dining experience
- Managed inventory, food, and labor waste within budgets
The closing of your cover letter is your final opportunity to make a lasting impression on the hiring manager. Rather than simply thanking them for their time, end with a call to action to schedule an interview.
To end on a high note, include a postscript beneath your closing signature that includes a relevant achievement. This draws the eye and highlights one last qualification.
I’d like to meet with you to discuss what success I can bring to Foam Cafe. Please feel free to contact me with a date and time that works best for you.
P.S. I’d love to tell you how my previous restaurant won the Best Dining Experience award in 2019!
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to meet with you to discuss this opportunity.