Mechanic Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Experienced Mechanic | [email protected] | (777) 777-7777 | 123 Address Rd. Rochester, NY 14602
June 6, 2021
Dear Mr. Norbert,
I received recognition for cutting our replacement part expenses by 15% last year. I chalk this accomplishment up to my comprehensive understanding of diagnostic processes. I believe this skill will help me at Stuart Auto.
Smart Auto takes pride in its customer satisfaction guarantee, and I feel my diagnostic and repair skills will ensure we meet our customers’ expectations. Additionally, I bring other attributes to the table, such as the following:
- Outstanding Dedication: I received acknowledgment for perfect attendance for two years in a row.
- Time Efficient: My superb time management skills allowed us to meet our deadline for 40/40 customers last year.
- Impeccable Communication Skills: I was recognized by several clients for my ability to communicate their car problems in an understandable manner.
I’m looking forward to telling you more about my educational background and how my skills have consistently led to repeat customers. Let’s schedule an interview. I’m available whenever is convenient for you.
P.S. — I’d also like to discuss my people skills, so you can see just how I’ll treat every customer who comes through the door.
Mechanic | [email protected] | (707) 765-4321 | 1835 Rosita Way, Santa Rosa, CA 95408
June 1, 2021
Seville Auto, Ltd.
Dear Mr. Johnson,
As an ASE-certified mechanic with certifications in Advanced Engine Performance Specialist (L1) and Undercar Specialist Exhaust Systems (X1), your organization caught my eye because of its methodical approach to auto repair.
As a mechanical engineering major, master mechanic Lloyd Blackmon taught me about making it work before making it pretty. That helped me build a solid work ethic that helped me finish 10% faster than the company average. As a result, my customer ratings were 30% higher than the department average for six years and counting.
Working with the Benton group, I was able to:
- Cut diagnostic time by 7%, leading to increased orders from long-term rental car client
- Perform thorough initial diagnostics for all types of electric and hybrid vehicles with accuracy
- Lead the project to overhaul several classic cars for elite showroom clients successfully
I look forward to telling you how my approach to computer-controlled systems can help you improve turnaround time without cutting costs. Please let me know what the best time for an interview is.
Thank you for your time,
P.S. I would love to tell you about how I successfully used the Takamura approach to overhaul a Ford engine.
Mechanic Supervisor | [email protected] | (999) 999-9999 | 123 Address St., Burlington, VT 05041
June 6, 2021
West Bridge Auto Care
Dear Mr. Shipley,
Managing a team of 10 mechanics successfully and inspecting over 1,000 vehicles in a one-year period are two of my most noteworthy accomplishments as a mechanic and supervisor. I plan to bring this same success – and hopefully more – to West Bridge Auto Care.
After spending the last 11 years as a mechanic and supervisor, I feel like West Bridge’s mission statement aligns with my work ethic exactly. I noticed you emphasize the customer-mechanic relationship, and I feel like my communication, and people skills fit the requirements perfectly.
I feel as though I could bring even more success to the West Bridge team. This is especially the case considering my previous track record includes:
- Improving the efficiency of a garage by 15% through protocol changes
- Understanding components of a variety of vehicle styles, makes, and models
- Creating a schedule to satisfy the demand
I’m excited to speak to you to discuss further my work experience and education and how I can help improve your customer satisfaction. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, so we may set up an interview time that fits your schedule.
P.S. I’m looking forward to discussing the number of repeat customers we had from me alone with you.
Mechanic Cover Letter Checklist
When creating a cover letter, you should include five main components:
1. Heading. Your heading should consist of your name, address, phone number and email — all the information a prospective employer needs to contact you. You’ll also want to include the date and the employer’s information.
2. Salutation. The most professional way to start your salutation is with the word “Dear.” The greeting should also include the hiring manager’s name or simply Hiring Manager if this information isn’t available.
3. Introduction. Your introduction should captivate the hiring manager and make him or her want to learn more about you. It should briefly note your strongest attribute while also expressing your interest in the job.
4. Body paragraphs. Your cover letter should include body paragraphs that describe your unique skills, education level, and professional experience. You may want to consider a bulleted list of skills to break up the text and make it simple for the hiring manager to scan and take notice of your skillset.
5. Closing section. Your closing section isn’t the place to summarize everything you mentioned above. Instead, it should be where you ask the hiring manager to take action, particularly to schedule an interview. You may also want to include a P.S. with an achievement not mentioned anywhere else in your cover letter to seal the deal.
Your introduction needs to stand out, express your interest in the mechanic position and briefly mention who you are. When you craft your first sentence, think about your most noteworthy accomplishment and find a unique way to convey it in a sensical and interesting manner. Ideally, you should begin with an accomplishment that’s quantifiable and sets you apart from other applicants. Steer away from starting with your education levels, especially since you’ll be competing against individuals with a similar educational background.
My results-driven approach to time management allowed us to meet deadlines with over 100 clients in a short time. Once I’m a member of the J.M. Mechanics team, I’ll bring this level of efficiency.
I attended the Universal Technical Institute to become an automotive technician in 2005 and have been working ever since.
The body paragraphs should make up the bulk of your cover letter and should begin with an expression of interest in the garage or dealership and mention why you’re interested in that company specifically.
After talking about the company, it’s your time to shine and note your background and accomplishments. Include information about any relevant degrees, certifications or successes. In this part of your cover letter, you want to impress the hiring manager and demonstrate what you bring to the table. Therefore, all accomplishments should have a measurable outcome.
J.M Mechanics ranks highly in comparison to the competition, which attracts me, as I’m competitive by nature and always striving to outdo myself. The company’s dedication to customer satisfaction draws me in, as I believe customer satisfaction should be a top priority.
For the past eight years, I’ve proven myself as a skilled mechanic by:
- Completing diagnostics with 100% accuracy for the past year
- Diagnosing and repairing minor and complex automobile issues
- Receiving the most repeat business over the past two years
I meet all the requirements you mentioned. I have six years of experience and want this position with your company to further my career.
Some of my skills are:
- Troubleshooting automobile problems
- Keeping customers happy by repairing cars accurately
- Understanding a range of automobile problems
Although it’s fine to thank the hiring manager for his or her time, you need to go one step further. Specifically, in your closing, you should encourage the hiring manager to take action by scheduling an interview.
To make your cover letter stand out, you should include a P.S. at the end. This technique allows you to showcase one final reason why you would be an asset to the company and catch the eye of the hiring manager.
I’d like to schedule an interview with you to further discuss how I could increase customer satisfaction and efficiency within your company. Please contact me so we can discuss a time that works well for your schedule.
P.S. I’m excited to talk to you about my outstanding attendance record and our team’s Blue Seal of Excellence award.
Thank you for your time and consideration. It’s greatly appreciated.