Inside Sales Rep Resume Examples
Years of Experience
654 Main Road, Cheyenne, WY 98765
An Inside Sales Representative with entry-level experience, specializing in prospecting, cold calling, customer service, and upselling techniques. Adept at building rapport with sales prospects and delivering engaging product demonstrations to drive sales and close deals.
Inside Sales Representative, L&W Supply, Cheyenne, WY
June 2019 – Present
- Present and demonstrate products to prospects, explain features and benefits, and utilize consultative selling, cross-selling, and upselling techniques to exceed annual quotas by 20%-40%
- Build rapport with prospective clients and maintain long-term relationships
- Discuss clients’ needs, expectations, and budgets and propose cost-effective solutions, capitalizing on upselling opportunities
Inside Sales Representative, Construction Materials Co., Laramie, WY
June 2018 – June 2019
- Conduct sales consultations with potential prospects within the construction industry, negotiate deals, and identify opportunities to grow existing client accounts by recommending additional services
- Maintain long-term relationships with customers, identify timely resolutions to issues and conflicts, and improve client retention by 25%
- Inside Sales
- Customer Service
- Client Relations
- Sales Presentations
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING, Laramie, WY, September 2013 – June 2017
Master of Business Administration
UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING, Laramie, WY, September 2017 – June 2019
678 Address Road, Newark, NJ
A results-driven Inside Sales Representative with more than six years of experience. Adept at conducting client consultations and interpreting their needs to present the most effective solutions. A proven track record of managing all phases of the sales process to close deals and build customer loyalty.
Inside Sales Representative, Evolus, Newark, NJ
March 2017 – Present
- Organize and deliver events and customer education programs promoting a range of natural beauty products to drive revenue and consistently exceed sales quotas by up to 30%
- Build quick rapport with customers and create a positive impression of the brand and maintain regular contact to establish long-term loyalty
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the features, benefits, and clinical data for all products and communicate information clearly to clients
- Analyze sales data and identify emerging trends opportunities for expanded growth
Inside Sales Representative, Cornerstone onDemand, Newark, NJ
July 2014- March 2017
- Sourced and nurtured potential leads via phone and email communications, communicated with prospects to identify business needs, and identify ideal solutions for customers followed up on new leads via telephone
- Demonstrated products and services to current and potential clients online and in-person, provided ongoing support, and generated over $350K in new business
Bachelor of Science in Business Management (Marketing)
MARTIN TUCHMAN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Newark, NJ, September 2010- June 2014
- Inside Sales
- Lead Generation
- Product Demonstrations
- Business Development
- Relationship Management
Rodney L. Wisdom
101 NW Main Street, Paducah, KY 42001
A seasoned Inside Sales Representative with over 10+ years of experience in commission-based medical equipment and pharmaceutical sales. A strong history of identifying customer pain points and recommending ideal solutions to enhance territory growth. Adept at providing coaching and mentorship to team members.
Inside Sales Representative, PK Medical Solutions, Paducah, KY
June 2015 – Present
- Exceed sales goals by 15%-20% in each quarter, manage 15 client accounts generating $750K in total revenue, and develop consultative relationships with 80+ local physicians
- Deliver coaching and mentorship to fellow sales representatives and provide training on lead generation, customer success, and account management skills
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing team to develop and implement sales promotions
Inside Sales Representative, PharmaLink, Calvert City, KY
January 2010 – April 2015
- Developed accounts and obtained and filled orders, surpassing monthly sales quotas by 10-14%
- Assessed competitors and market trends to identify sales opportunities and proactively deal with potential challenges
- Explored educational opportunities to increase personal knowledge of products and services, resulting in a 15% increase in sales revenue over a three-year period
Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration – Management
WEST KENTUCKY COMMUNITY & TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Paducah, KY, September 2017 – June 2020
- Inside Sales
- Team Leadership
- Consultative Selling
- Certified Inside Sales Professional (CISP) – American Association of Inside Sales Professionals, 2018
Common Key Skills and Action Verbs for Inside Sales Rep Resumes
The first step in writing an incredible inside resume is to understand which keywords and action verbs will catch the attention of a hiring manager. Many prospective employers use applicant tracking systems (ATS) to evaluate resumes using keywords to flag strong contenders. Therefore, the smart use of keywords and action verbs makes a hiring manager more likely to consider your application and select you for an interview.
|Key Skills & Proficiencies|
|Closing sales||Communication skills|
|Product demonstration||Prospecting for clients|
|Selling ability||Time management|
Tips for Writing a Better Inside Sales Rep Resume
Write an engaging profile
Your profile is the first impression prospective employers get of you as a candidate, and it’s a great way to quickly establish what differentiates you from the competition. Use it as a chance to mention your most significant accomplishments and skills alongside a brief description of your career experience to date. Remember to quantify your statements with facts and figures to demonstrate your effectiveness.
Driven inside sales rep with over five plus years’ experience in the home services industry. Proven track record for consistently exceeding personal targets by 35%+ and using strong selling practices to generate more than $100k of company revenue last fiscal quarter. Persuasive and engaging communicator with the ability to convert 94% of cold leads into repeat clients.
Experienced inside sales rep looking for a role on a higher salary. Good selling technique and able to make a lot of money for any company that hires me. Comfortable talking on the phone and willing to work hard for the right salary.
Seasoned self-starter with over 12 years’ experience as a senior inside sales rep selling specialized surgical devices. Inspiring and assertive leader responsible for onboarding and training new hires at MedEx, achieving a 93% retention rate in 2020. Detailed knowledge of powerful prospecting techniques and building strong, enduring relationships with existing customers to ensure brand loyalty.
Experienced medical inside sales rep able to lead teams and provide training. Good at finding new customers and keeping existing ones.
Showcase your sales ability
A career in inside sales requires you to have a strong sales technique and the ability to build quick rapport and lasting relationships with clients. A hiring manager will want to see that you can successfully manage the entire sales process from prospecting to closing the sale. Including any impressive performance statistics you have to back up your claims makes your resume more appealing to potential employers and can set you apart from other candidates.
Leveraged articulate presentation techniques and explained each product’s features and benefits to prospective clients, closing 92% of sales within the first meeting.
Showed products to customers and explained why they should buy them.
Maintained enduring relationships with a database of over 50 existing clients and kept them informed of new products and services, achieving a 73% repeat customer rate.
Kept in touch with old clients and told them about new products they might like.
How to Align Your Resume With the Job Description
Hiring managers look for an individual with specific qualifications, skills, and professional experience to meet a job description. Most employers have to wade through a huge number of inside sales rep resumes before finding the right candidate, and this means they don’t have a lot of time to devote to reading each application. Tailoring your resume to the job description you’re applying for can help you stand out against lots of generic resumes.
Before you start tailoring your inside sales rep resume, go through the job description with a fine-tooth comb to pick out which requirements are most important to the employer. Most job ads mention the most vital skills and attributes first, and you should also focus on any themes that appear more than once. Your resume should address all the key requirements and explain how you can meet them. Quantifying your achievements and skills is important — vague statements won’t cut the mustard in a competitive job market.
Example Inside Sales Rep Job Description
Insure2Go is disrupting the medical insurance landscape through innovative, customer-focused service. We seek a team player with the communication skills necessary to help our customers find the perfect product to suit their needs. The ideal candidate should have previous knowledge of private medical insurance products and the ability to meet challenging sales targets.
- Prospect for potential leads and follow up inquiries via phone and email
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to meet ambitious goals to tight deadlines
- Clearly explain the features and benefits of different insurance plans and make suitable suggestions based on customer needs
- Provide friendly and professional customer service at all times
- Multitask on projects simultaneously and keep up-to-date recordsof prospective and existing clients
- At least a high school diploma; candidates with an associate or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred
- Two years of inside sales experience
- Knowledge of private health insurance is ideal but not mandatory
- Strong communication and product demonstration skills
- Proven track record for selling and upselling
This job description highlights the following skills and qualities that the ideal candidate should possess:
- Team player
- Knowledge of medical insurance
- Prospecting for leads
- Communication skills, including via phone and email
- Product demonstration
- Selling and upselling
Here’s an example excerpt that shows how you can frame your professional experience to match a job description:
Inside Sales Rep Work Experience Example
Inside Sales Rep, Insure4Life
March 2013 – Present
- Communicate features and benefits of a range of insurance products, including via phone and email
- Deliver engaging product demonstrations and upsell additional services when appropriate, generating $100k of additional revenue in March 2020
- Provide friendly, customer-focused care, achieving a 99%+ satisfaction rating over 3 years
- Manage the sales process from prospecting to closure, multitasking on up to 30 accounts at any one time