High School Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
High School Student | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 111 Address St. Miami, Florida 55555
April 1, 2021
Jane’s Cuban Restaurant
Dear Chef Smith,
Two of my personally developed recipes were put on the permanent menu at Jack’s Bistro, the restaurant I interned at as a line cook during my two-year Introduction to Culinary Arts Careers half-day program partnership with Miami High School. I believe that my innate ability to use locally sourced ingredients to create new, innovative dishes with Cuban flair helped me earn this recognition as a student kitchen worker. I hope to bring this passionate originality to Jane’s Cuban Restaurant as a line cook.
Your establishment’s inclusion in Miami’s Top Ten Cuban restaurant’s list for the last five years running makes it my top choice to begin my post-high school culinary career. Armed with my associate degree in culinary science, I can now:
- Maintain exceptional quality standards in food storage, preparation and presentation
- Prepare your existing dishes to perfection using precision in recipe duplication
- Create new, exciting Cuban-inspired menu items and specials
I look forward to speaking with you in person about your full-time line cook position. Please contact me with your preferred meeting time.
P.S. I can’t wait to show you my Excellence in Culinary Arts Careers award!
High School Graduate | [email protected] | (876) 543-2109 | 420 Second Street, Wilmington, DE 53197
April 23, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Mr. Chang,
Last year, I achieved 99.8% positive feedback in my part-time server role. Reviews mentioned my outstanding menu knowledge, friendly attitude, and willingness to go above and beyond to ensure perfect service. I hope to create incredible diner experiences as a server at Sullivan’s steakhouse.
Your company’s reputation for warm and attentive service is the perfect match for my customer-centered ethos. As a bright recent high school graduate with a committed work ethic, I believe that I can become an asset to your service team. My recent accomplishments include:
- Achieving a score of 85% for my hospitality and tourism elective course, placing me in the top 5% of my class
- Leading a team of five classmates to organize a charity soccer match to raise money for cancer research charities
- Being voted “Server of the Month” in December 2020 for my efficiency and attention to detail
I would love to meet to discuss how I can help Sullivan’s Steakhouse achieve its goals in 2021. Please don’t hesitate to get in contact to schedule a convenient interview.
P.S. I would like to tell you why I was selected as class representative to the school council in my senior year.
High School Graduate | [email protected] | (654) 321-0987 | 531 First Street, Dover, DE 98765
April 23, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Padilla,
In my final year at Dover High School, I received the highest mark in my cohort for my marketing elective coursework. My teachers praised my detailed understanding of consumer behavior and strong insights into effective sales techniques. I am excited to apply this knowledge as a retail associate at Gamestop.
As an energetic and enthusiastic recent high school graduate with a year of part-time experience in a busy retail outlet, the opportunity to contribute to Gamestop’s incredible reputation for customer service appeals to me. My professionalism and customer-focused attitude make me the ideal fit for your organization.
My recent achievements include:
- Ranking in the top 10% for upselling in my store during the Christmas period in 2020
- Being selected to coach three new hires to use the point-of-sale system
- Receiving an email of thanks from a customer for my outstanding service after helping her find the ideal gift for her son’s 18th birthday
I would like to arrange an interview to explore how my gaming knowledge and strong work ethic can yield strong sales for Gamestop in 2021. Please get in touch to book a suitable appointment.
P.S. I would love to tell you how I raised over $1k at my school’s recent charity drive.
High School Cover Letter Checklist
You should include the following features in your bartender cover letter:
1. Heading. Use a professional template so this information is clear and easy to understand. Your heading should include:
- Your name, title, and contact details
- The date it was written
- The addressee’s details
2. Salutation. It’s best practice to greet the hiring manager by name using Mr. or Ms. and their last name. “Dear Hiring Manager,” is the ideal alternative if you can’t find that information.
3. Introduction. Your opening paragraph should capture the hiring manager’s attention while also introducing yourself and your interest in the position.
4. Body paragraphs. These two paragraphs should describe your relevant skills, experience, and education. A bulleted list can help the hiring manager quickly absorb your best points.
5. Closing section. Think of your final paragraph as a call to action (CTA). It should encourage the hiring manager to take action by inviting you for an interview. Consider including a postscript to highlight one final achievement.
The opening of your cover letter needs to be intriguing, so it convinces the hiring manager to continue reading. It should also express your interest in the job opening. Building your first paragraph around one of your top accomplishments can help achieve this. The hiring manager is looking for proof that you can be successful in the position, so choose an achievement that’s relevant. It also helps if the accomplishment is quantifiable, as that provides the hiring manager with concrete proof of your skills.
My name is Julia Nguyen, and I recently graduated from George Washington High School. I’ve been interested in animals all my life and would make an enthusiastic and dedicated kennel attendant.
Start the body of your cover letter by expressing interest in the position and your admiration for the organization that’s advertised the job. Mention specific details about what you like and why you’re interested in the job, as it shows you’ve researched the company.
The next paragraph should detail your relevant achievements. This can include educational accomplishments and successful projects. If you don’t have much work experience, think about transferable skills you may have gained through volunteer work or internships. Mention the positive outcomes of your achievements to show you can bring success to the position.
With two years of animal caretaker experience as an animal rescue volunteer, I’m drawn to Happy Dog Boarding’s reputation for providing high-quality care to all their animal guests. Happy Dog’s emphasis on creating a stress-free holiday for the dogs in their care is the ideal fit for my animal-centered work style.
I’m excited to bring my animal care experience to the Happy Dog’s team. My past successes include:
- Greeting and helping up to 25 prospective adopters a day at the animal rescue information desk
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness in cat and dog kennels, ensuring scheduled cleaning procedures were followed 100% of the time
- Processing payments for tickets to school plays, handling cash and electronic payments for 50+ customers a night
Your job listing states that you prefer a kennel attendant with animal caretaker experience. I’ve been volunteering at the local animal rescue for two years and would love to continue working with animals.
My responsibilities at the animal rescue include:
- Greeting customers
- Playing with and caring for dogs and cats
- Keeping kennel areas clean
Your closing needs to do more than just thank the hiring manager for their time and attention. Instead, it should encourage them to take the next step of inviting you for an interview.
For an extra boost, consider including a postscript. This can feature one last achievement you’d like the hiring manager to know. It can help draw their eye and leave them with a lasting memory of your skill set and potential.
I’d like the opportunity to discuss how my skills and experience with animals can help Happy Dog Boarding continue to build a reputation for quality dog care. Please feel free to contact me to arrange a time that suits your schedule.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about my experience helping train dogs with the local dog club!
Thank you for taking the time to consider my application. If I can provide any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact me.