Executive Assistant Cover Letter Examples (Text Format)
Years of Experience
Executive Assistant | z.hew[email protected] | (890) 123-4567 | 420 My Road, Austin, TX 09876
April 8, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Dodd,
Last year, I overhauled the scheduling system for executives at my company, reducing appointment errors by 87% over just two months. I hope to display the same exceptional organizational ability and talent for building robust systems as an executive assistant at Dell.
As a dedicated assistant with 2+ years of experience, the challenge of supporting multiple executives for a globally recognized brand like Dell is inspiring to me. I would relish the opportunity to contribute to Dell’s reputation for incredible technological advancements. My recent achievements include:
- Leveraging knowledge of company policy to pre-draft responses to queries, saving each executive an average of 2 hours each week
- Receiving a client satisfaction rating of 99.8%, with feedback forms citing my professionalism and clear communication style
- Managing a team of five junior admin assistants and providing ongoing mentorship and professional development
I would like to attend an interview to explore how my outstanding multitasking ability and time management can facilitate Dell’s crucial business activities. Please get in touch to arrange an appointment.
P.S. I would like to explain how I saved 25% on hotel accommodation and transportation costs in 2020.
Executive Assistant | [email protected] | (123) 456-7890 | 123 Oak. St., Austin, Texas 12345
April 1, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
AAA Non-Profit Agency
Dr. Mr. Klein,
For the last five years, I’ve helped the CEO of Honor Non-Profit Organization grow the company’s donation revenue by approximately 25% per year while slashing in-house expenses an average of 15% annually. I wish to bring the same forward-thinking problem resolution and critical thinking analysis skills to Charity First Non-Profit as your new executive assistant to CEO John Doe.
I regard Charity First Non-Profit’s philanthropic efforts of funding exceptional local, regional and global causes while remaining transparent to its donors an impressive feat. I believe that my seven years of charitable executive assistant experience has prepared me to excel in this position as a devoted, capable executive assistant that will:
- Manage multiple high-priority projects with ease and efficiency
- Oversee the day-to-day office operations independently and proficiently
- Handle an annual budget of $475,000
- Implement essential changes to donation-generation and company expense reduction that yield an immediate 8% improvement and far-reaching results
I’d love to discuss my qualifications and experience in our industry further with you at an upcoming interview. Please contact me for a meeting time that’s convenient for you.
P.S. I can’t wait to tell you about my Administrative Excellence in Public Service Award!
Executive Assistant | [email protected] | (864) 208-6420 | 642 Main Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 97531
April 13, 2021
Senior Hiring Manager
Dear Ms. Marquez,
Last year, I spearheaded a project to improve information flow among executives in my company, producing a system that saved an average of five working hours per week. I am excited to demonstrate similar organizational acumen as an executive assistant at Hooverwood.
I know that you are looking for a diligent professional with the knowledge and confidence to work independently. As a seasoned executive assistant with more than 14 years of experience, the opportunity to support senior leaders in a fast-moving working environment like Hooverwood appeals to me.
My recent accomplishments include:
- Supervising a team of five junior assistants and providing a program of ongoing professional development that increased efficiency by 32% in 2020
- Introducing a new calendar system that reduced appointment wastage by 87% over six months
- Negotiating with vendors to save more than $5k on the costs of venue hire last year
I would like to schedule an interview to discuss how my exceptional time management and committed support can help Hooverwood continue to achieve its aims in 2021. Please get in touch to arrange an appointment.
P.S. I would like to explain why I was shortlisted for an OfficeNinjas All-Star Award in 2019.
Executive Assistant Cover Letter Checklist
Effective cover letters for executive assistants should include five main elements:
1. Heading. Using a stylized template can help emphasize your basic information. You should include:
- Your name, job title and contact info
- The date of application
- The hiring manager’s details
2. Salutation. Address the hiring manager by name, such as Mr. or Ms. [last name]. Use the greeting “Dear Hiring Manager” if the hiring manager’s actual name is unavailable.
3. Introduction. Use this element to introduce yourself and express your interest in the job.
4. Body paragraphs. Include your relevant professional experience, skills, education and accomplishments. Highlight important information and make your resume more attractive by writing your details in bullet points.
5. Closing section. The conclusion is the call to action for the hiring manager to invite you for an interview. For a bonus opportunity to highlight your qualifications, add a postscript with a notable achievement.
The introduction section of your cover letter is where you can make a distinctive first impression on the hiring manager. Use this space to introduce yourself and express your interest in the organization and available role. Pick a notable success from your resume to include in your introduction. Describe this achievement in quantifiable terms so that the hiring manager can better understand your qualifications. Be detailed and specific in your description.
As an executive assistant with six years of experience, I’m qualified for the role of executive assistant with BlueWhale Investing.
The body paragraphs of your cover letter are where you should expand on your interest and personal qualifications. The first paragraph should express your interest in the organization and the role and then explain why you would be a good candidate for the position.
The second paragraph is where you can describe your most relevant achievements. This may include educational degrees or certifications, career highlights or any other successes or projects you’ve led or contributed to. Pair each accomplishment with a positive outcome. Use quantifiable terms when describing your achievements so that hiring managers can have the full scope of your skills and qualifications. Avoid using vague or generic language.
With over six years of experience as an executive assistant, I’m excited for the opportunity to assist the executive team of BlueWhale Investing. My experience in busy and efficient office environments makes me a perfect fit for the executive assistant role.
My past successes include:
- Optimized schedules and travel for the executive management team, saving 40% on travel costs over previous years
- Planned and coordinated business events and negotiated with vendors and service providers to save 20% yearly on event costs
- Performed daily administrative tasks with optimized efficiency strategies, increasing overall office efficiency by 35%
- Managed calendars and appointments for 10 executive professionals, ensuring logistical efficiency
The job description indicates at least four years of experience. I have six years of experience and would like to work for BlueWhale Investing.
My previous responsibilities include:
- Created schedules and travel plans for the executive management team
- Planned and coordinated business events and negotiated with vendors and service providers
- Performed daily administrative tasks
- Managed calendar and appointments for executive professionals
To leave a strong impression on the hiring manager, end your cover letter with a call to action to schedule an interview. Avoid simply thanking the hiring manager for their time and consideration.
As a bonus, include a postscript beneath your closing signature that further emphasizes your skills and experience. This format can help to draw the eye and highlight your abilities.
I’d like to discuss the details of this role and how I can contribute in an interview. Please contact me with a date and time that works well for you.
P.S. I’d love to tell you about how I won employee of the month on two different occasions!
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to speak with you soon to discuss this opportunity further.